CD Sound Master announces the release of its ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range” audio plug-in suite for Windows.
This collection is inspired by a rare and legendary vintage recording console, including an intricate and detailed emulation of the original circuitry, transformers, line and microphone preamps, and classic EQ.
CDSoundMaster, creator of the R2R Tape Collection, N-TEN-AT4, and other popular VST Plug-Ins, focuses on the absolute highest accuracy in sound of real analog hardware. Their software takes advantage of the modern computer’s ability to run audio software that uses higher cpu resources for complex realism.
The ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range” is built upon the “Acqua” sound engine, “Powered by Nebula Technology,” an advanced form of audio generation called V.V.K.T., or Vectorial Volterra Kernels Technology.
ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range” EQ and Channel Strip features:
- Six Plug-Ins, including High EQ, High-Mid EQ, Low EQ, Low-Mid EQ, High-Low Cut EQ, and Preamps, which load the line signal path and microphone path both with eq engaged and bypassed.
- All Frequencies and Gain Levels from the original vintage console are available with complete characteristics of the entire sound chain.
- Acqua Stand Alone VST Plug-In for Windows VST featuring V.V.K.T. advanced sound engine.
- True harmonic content that changes with every frequency and gain value.
- 64 Bit dynamic audio processing and 96kHz Actual Sample Rate with unmatched conversion quality to different rates.
ARQ for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for $79 USD.
More information: CD Sound Master / ARQ Tride-N-Tru “A-Range”
Lars Rüetschi aka TheSessionGuitarist has announced the release of Grooving Tubing, a new tube guitar amp library featuring 17 programs for Acustica Audio’s Nebula.
This virtual amp doesn’t feel and sound like playing just an amp simulation. It feels and sounds like playing through a real amp reacting on your dynamic playing. Close your eyes and you feel the air between the microphones and your cabinet!
The amp was sampled with high quality Sommer Cables, the king of amp recording microphones: The Sennheiser e906 and the full and rich sounding Audio Technica 4050 as a spot microphone. Each of them sounds fantastic on its own. Copy your guitar track, mix and pan the 2 microphones and you’ll have a full, wide stereo guitar sound, larger than life!
Grooving Tubing is available for the introductory price of $24.90 USD until April 23rd, 2014 (regular $29.90 USD).
More information: TheSessionGuitarist / Grooving Tubing
Acustica Audio has updated its Nebula Series multieffect plug-ins for emulating and replicating audio equipment to v1.3.600.
Nebula emulates the character and personality of analog hardware with exacting accuracy. Whether it is high end outboard equalizers, classic compressors, the latest reverbs, or vintage time-variant effects like phasers and flangers, Nebula has them all.
With a large library of free included presets, you’ll be adding the warmth of analog to your digital mixes in no time at all.
Changes in Nebula v1.3.600
- New Core4L (Light) engine:
- Evolution of Core2 engine (no sharing of memory resources).
- Highly optimized on performance.
- Highly optimized on loading of presets.
- Based on VST-GUI3 graphic library.
- New Core4 engine:
- Evolution of Core3 engine (sharing of memory resources, high performances).
- Highly optimized on performance.
- Highly optimized on loading of presets.
- Based on VST-GUI4 graphic library.
- Mac OS X: VST 64-bit support for Server/Free version.
- New Nebula 3.6 versions.
The updates are available from Acustica Audio now.
More information: Acustica Audio
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 21, 2012 - 0 comments
Cupwise FX has entered the Radio Junk effect plugin in the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Radio Junk is a small but unique suite of effects made from 2 junky old radios, one solid-state (from the 70s) and the other a tube radio (from the 50s). The radios were ‘sampled’ using technology similar but superior to the common convolution impulses out there. It’s called Nebula, and it can capture the sound of what’s being sampled at different dynamic levels, and it can also capture some of the distortion, unlike standard convolution.
These effects use a variant of the Nebula tech called ‘Acqua’, which just means that these are stand-alone effects, and you don’t need Nebula to load them (it’s built in, basically). The radios were sampled in extreme ways to get some nasty lo-fi effects.
Since these were made with the Nebula technology, they will sound different from other plug-ins out there.
Radio Junk is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in.
More information: Cupwise FX / Radio Junk
Gemini Audio has released its KultComp sample library for the Nebula 3 plug-in by Acustica Audio.
This library is based on a Modern German Tube Compressor which is loved by many for its versatility and outstanding audio quality with the musicality and user-friendliness that this company’s units stand for.
It finds its application in Mastering, Mixing and Recording. Discrete, very high performance gain cells were developed for this compressor and are used instead of the usual VCAs. This compressor is the first product to use them. They ensure the highest level of musicality and clarity in signal processing and demonstrate significantly improved distortion values over VCAs.
- Compressor/DeCompressor Library for Acustica Audio Nebula3.
- 96kHz / 44.1kHz.
- Includes Soft Knee Compression and combo programs (all ratios within one program with interpolation).
- Extended release times for all programs (up to 10 seconds instead of the original 2 seconds).
- Includes HQ versions of all programs (using the TIMED engine).
- Includes HP versions of all programs (internal high pass filter).
- Includes SC versions of all programs (for external side chain).
- includes NC versions of all programs (for Nebula Compressor, offers the best compression behavior).
- Total of 324 programs, 2.18 GB library size.
- Requires Nebula3, Nebula3 Pro or Nebula Server.
The KultComp library is available to purchase for the introductory price of 25 EUR through September 2012 (regular 32 EUR).
More information: Gemini Audio / KultComp
Cupwise FX has introduced YouRei HP/LP Filters, a sound library for the Nebula effect processor by Acustica Audio.
Sampled from a unique filter unit that was largely aimed at forensic audio work, but has found many uses. It’s notch/peak filters can be swept around for a unique phaser-like effect, and it’s HP/LP filters can be used for general audio filtering purposes. It was made available in two versions, and this is the more desirable/sought-after ‘T’ model featuring an output transformer which adds a little extra color to the sound.
The notch/peak filters will be sampled for a future release. This first release includes 3 differently sampled configurations of the unit’s high/low pass filters.
YouRei HP/LP Filters is available in 96khz and 44khz versions, priced at $7.50 USD; a bundle of both is $8.50 USD (full version of Nebula required, Nebula 3 Pro or Server is recommended).
More information: Cupwise FX / YouRei HP/LP Filters
Gemini Audio has released KultComp Tube, a tube distortion library for Nebula3 by Acustica Audio.
This library is based on the Tube Harmonics function of a Modern German Tube Compressor which is loved by many for its versatility and audio quality with the musicality and user-friendliness that this company’s units stand for. It finds its application in Mastering, Mixing and Recording.
Discrete, very high performance gain cells were developed for this compressor and are used instead of the usual VCAs. This compressor is the first product to use them. They ensure the highest level of musicality and clarity in signal processing and demonstrate significantly improved distortion values over VCAs. The adjustable tube saturation of the output stages combined with automatic output level adjustment can produce tube sound effects that range from the delicate to the raucous.
KultComp Tube features
- 96kHz (Nebula converts it automatically to your project’s sample rate).
- Stereo Programs.
- Includes 10 Kernel programs.
- Includes HQ programs (10 Kernel programs using the TIMED engine).
- Includes SE versions of all programs (CPU friendly 5 Kernel programs).
- Consists of 27 programs.
- Library size 280MB.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of 8 EUR (regular 11 EUR). A free Kernel reduced demo version can be downloaded at Gemini Audio.
More information: Gemini Audio / KultComp Tube