Nicolas Signat has released Alive Underground Drums V2, an updated version of the drum instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Alive Underground Drums is a new approach of a virtual drumkit : one microphone, a huge reverb from an underground parking lot, many high-end drumkits and a lot of possibilities ! It’s simple to use and sounds massive.
We have recorded each element with high-end gear (Rode NT4 mic + Nagra LB recorder) in high definition (88kHz 24 bit stereo), on several zones (except kicks) and always with 6 random robins. In total there are : 4 kicks, 9 snares, 3 alto toms, 2 medium toms, 3 floor toms, 3 hi-hats, 8 rides and 12 crash cymbals.
Changes in Alive Underground Drums V2
- 4 new snares + 8 new cymbals.
- New GUI with new features for every patch.
- Offset knob + Midi Learn function + CC4 controler for the hi-hat opening, especially designed for edrummers.
- Midi files from the audio demos.
- Several little glitches resolved.
The library is available to purchase for £29.99 GBP until January 2014 (regular £39.99 GBP).
More information: Sampleism / Alive Underground Drums V2
, Nicolas Signat
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jun 21, 2013 - 0 comments
Sampleism has announced the release of Alive Underground Drums, a Native Instruments Kontakt sample library by Nicolas Signat and Sampleism.
Alive Underground Drums has been developed by a very small team of people who are passionate about creating the best sounding Kontakt Instruments. It has taken many months of hard work and sleepless nights to complete.
Alive Underground Drums brings 3 high-end drum kits (Gretsch New Classic, Sonor 3007, Ludwig Legacy) with 5 great snares and a host of the finest cymbals on the market, all recorded in a huge underground car park in high definition (88,2 kHz 24 bit stereo).
Placed at about one meter, the microphone offers a result somewhere between a close mic and an overhead position, with a perfect balance between direct sound and reverberated sound. Choose your instruments, shape the sound with ADSR envelopes and effects (EQ and compressor) and mix elements with volume faders. You can also link channels to work easily and faster.
Alive Underground Drums features
- 3 high toms (2 zones), 2 medium toms (2 zones), 3 floor toms (2 zones), 4 kicks (1 zone), 5 snares (3×6 zones + 1×5 zones + 1×2 zones ), 2 hit-hats (9 zones), 6 rides (3 zones) and 7 crashes (2 zones).
- ADSR envelope, 3 bands semi-parametric EQ and compressor.
- General Midi mapping with extension.
- 18 patches with prepared kits, sound designed kits and more.
- More than 2500 samples in 44.1 kHz 24 bit stereo with full sustain and dynamics (2.3 GB on drive, ncw lossless format).
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of £19.99 GBP (RRP £34.99 GBP). Requires full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.3 or above.
More information: Sampleism / Alive Underground Drums
Sampleism has announced the release of Alive Cymbals, the first in the new series of ‘Alive’ instruments for Kontakt, developed by sound designer and composer Nicolas Signat.
Alive Cymbals has been created from a set of 8 cymbals recorded with Audio Technica mics and Nagra LB recorders and preamps in 88,2kHz 24 bit, edited in the same resolution and then down sampled into 44,1kHz 24 bit with Izotope SRC.
Recorded in a warm room in stereo (close position), the sound is raw, vibrant, accurate, and extremely musical.
Alive Cymbals features
- 8 high-end cymbals: Wuhan 27″ china, Zildjian 20″ K Custom Dark Ride, Meinl 18″ Byzance Extra Dry China, Paiste 16″ Twenty Crash, Meinl 14″ Byzance Thin Crash, Sabian 10″ Evolution Splash and a pair of Paiste 2002 Cup Chime (5″ and 5.5″), recorded closely with stick, brush, mallet and/or bow with full sustain.
- Several round robins and velocity layers (3-4 of each, average).
- Attack & Release controls for all patches
- Fx reverb for all the basic patches.
- 12 sound designed instruments with weird pianos, bells, pads, sci-fi fx with modwheel control.
- Custom GUIs with photos of the cymbals.
- 44,1kHz 24 bit stereo files, originally recorded in 88,2kHz with Nagra recorder and preamps.
- 388 files, 1,30GB uncompressed, (982MB zip file)
- For Kontakt 4 and above with all wav files available separately.
The Alive Cymbals library for Kontakt (full version required) is available for the introductory price of £10.99 GBP.
More information: Sampleism / Alive Cymbals