, MSXII Sound Design
, Noble & Cooley
, Pork Pie
, samples and sound libraries
, The Drum Sample Broker
Posted in news
on Apr 17, 2014 - 0 comments
MSXII Sound Design has released Snares & Hats, a new combo kit sample library.
This kit represents everything you love in quality production; dirty hats and crunchy snares. Make no qualms about it, this kit will partner well with your current MSXII library.
Multiple loop ideas have been included to spark immediate inspiration and ideas. We’ve used some of the most dirty hats we can find (16″ Vintage Zildjian Hats) to get a great sound.
Recorded through studio grade preamps and processed carefully, The Snares and Hats Combo Kit will sit nicely in both your mix and arsenal.
Snares & Hats features
- 60 drum loops of live snares + hi-hats in 16bit .wav format.
- Vintage saturation/coloring via products by API.
- Hi Hats used include: Zildjian 12″ Special Recording Hats, Zildjian 16″ Vintage Hats (40/50s), Dream 14″ Re-FX Jingle .
- Snare Drums used include: Pork Pie Percussion 6×14 Clear Acrylic Pig Lite, Pork Pie Percussion 7×13 Brass Patina, Pork, Pie Percussion 5×13 Maple, Pork Pie Percussion 6×10 Maple Soprano, Ludwig 5×14 Acrolite Black Galaxy, Noble & Cooley 4.75×14 Aluminum Alloy Classic, Pearl 3×13 Brass Piccolo, Pearl 8×14 Vinnie Paul Signature (Maple), Tama 5.5×14 Starclassic Birch, Custom SoCal 5.5×14 Maple (Built by Matt Slack).
- Additional chopped one-shot hits provided as bonus.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Snares & Hats Combo Kit
Toontrack has announced the release of The Classic EZX, a new drum library for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer.
With The Classic EZX®, Toontrack® Music is merging the best of the past and the present to bring your music to the forefront of today.
The Classic EZX® is a contemporary sounding drum library, bringing together all that is good about modern recording techniques with the sound of a classic Helios recording console, as known to have shaped the production on albums by bands like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who and many others.
Be it the slamming 70s rock song or the slim and tight contemporary pop that tops the charts of today, the sounds of The Classic EZX® will sit right in any mix.
The Classic EZX features
- The Kits – The Classic EZX® features instruments from three fantastic drum brands: Yamaha, Noble & Cooley and Craviotto.
- The Console – The Helios has aptly been dubbed the “Musicians Choice” of recording consoles and is still after almost 40 years in existence considered one of the best sounding of all time.
- The People – The Classic EZX® was produced by Peter Henderson (Paul McCartney, Rush, Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Tina Turner, Ringo Starr) and Chris Whitten (Edie Brickell, The Waterboys, Paul McCartney)
- The Unique Mic Setup – Two interfaces and two EZXs in one! The Classic was recorded using two different setups; one contemporary multi microphone and one with only four microphones, a so called “4 mic setup”. This setup is what helped shape the unique and organic production on many big albums of the 70s – a sound that is making an evident resurgence in the music at the top of the charts of today.
- The MIDI – The Classic EZX® comes with two extensive libraries, played by Peter Fredlander as well as Chris Whitten himself. Peters library is organized as different songs with variations of 4-8 bar building blocks. Each song also features a Jamtrack of the full song from start to finish. In Chriss library, hes laying down his patented groove by revisiting some of the greatest hits of his stunning recording and touring history.
The Classic EZX is now available to purchase for 69 EUR / $89 USD.
More information: Toontrack / The Classic EZX