99Sounds has launched Vinyl Noise SFX, a free library of 37 vinyl noise and crackle sound effects by Matoto aka Chia.
All vinyl crackle samples included in Vinyl Sample SFX were recorded on a Numark TTUSB turntable connected to Audacity. Records used were innumerous, ranging from 78s from the 1950s to 7″s from the ’70s-80s as well as a few modern 12″ dance records.
No samples have been EQed, limited, compressed, panned or post-processed in any way. All samples are available in 16-bit WAV format. All recording, editing/cropping, compiling and graphic design done by Chia.
Vinyl Noise SFX features
- 37 vinyl samples, 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV format.
- Includes instrument patches in SFZ and NKI (Kontakt 5) formats.
- 56 MB size on disk, 39 MB download size (RAR archive).
The pack is available as a free download from 99Sounds.
More information: 99Sounds / Vinyl Noise SFX
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
iZotope announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning RX software is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Musicians, audio engineers, and post production professionals all use RX to transform noisy, distorted, or flawed audio into pristine material.
Launching this September, the new RX 4 is the ultimate companion to your DAW or NLE. Speed up your workflow with intelligent new modules, time-saving new features, and deeper levels of integration with your host.
New in RX4
- Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this new non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline your process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts.
For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, the Advanced version of RX 4 boasts additional time-saving features.
New in RX4 Advanced
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of your mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced will be available September, 2014. Customers who purchase RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced will receive a free upgrade to RX 4 or RX4 Advanced upon release. All previous RX customers will be eligible for special upgrade pricing upon release.
More information: iZotope
123creative has launched Multiband NoiseGate NX3, a multi-band noise gate effect plug-in for Windows.
Noise gate is processor that „mute“ signal that is quieter than threshold level and vice versa pass signal that is louder than threshold level. This is mostly used during recording of live drums on more microphones, so if you are recording hi-hats microphone is also recording kick drum but at much lower level. You want to remove quite sound of bass drum from hi-hat channel – you use noise gate. Noise gate is useful also for removing low analog noise, low room reverb or some disturbing noises/speech in background of record. Next example from real use: you are recording guitar and want to use digital simulation of pedals and combo, but you record it with very low noise level for example -80db, later this low level noise is multiplied by distortion/fuzz pedal simulation to level -40db and more, so you need to remove this noise: it is suggested to use noisegate at input to remove very low noise -80db.
Often you don’t want to mute full frequency spectrum, but you want to set different threshold level of other frequency ranges – for example you want to mute just quite subbass under 50db.
For these purposes you will need Multi band noise gate.
Multiband noise gate can be used also for special creative effects, try it on any drum loops or if you are slicing melodic loops (with Slicer in FL studio for example) for creating glitch music styles, try to use multi band noise gate to get much more natural sound and effect of more glued slices together. Possibilities are endless…from technical things to creative freedom.
The plugin is available for the introductory price of 13.23 EUR (regular 18.90 EUR).
More information: 123creative / Multiband NoiseGate NX3
ToneBooster has announced the release of TB-Dither, a quantization and noise shaping plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB-Dither allows the design of your own noise shaping curve – as easy as working with an EQ.
TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping.
TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Supports industry-standard RPDF and TPDF dithering noise.
- Unrivalled flexibility to shape dithering and quantization noise.
- Suports any bith depth between 8 and 24 bits.
- Dedicated modes to listen to quantization noise only.
- Advanced noise-shaping overload protection algorithm.
TB-Dither for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated it’s plug-in line to version 3.0.3.
Changes in v3.0.3
- All plugins
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in Wavelab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inresponsiveness of Module.
- Added ‘legacy’ saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.
More information: ToneBoosters
Alessandro Ielo of JQR Sound has announced the release of JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo, a free sample pack.
All sounds created by Alessandro “JQR” Ielo under Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) Licence.
JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo features
- 36 One Shot Samples
- 13 Kicks
- 13 Snares
- 6 HiHats
- 4 Fxs
- 13 Glitch/Drum Noise Loops (7 of them have 3 variations named A, B and C).
- The Loops are mixed and mastered ITB, while the one shot samples are processed with a Golden Audio Project Pre73 MKII with an EQ-73 on insert.
The sample pack is a free download from archive.org.
More information: JQR Sound / JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo (download)
SyncerSoft has announced Nature: Noise Forest, a virtual instrument plug-in for Windows, which adds the sound and atmosphere of forest nature to your tracks and mixes.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in the surrounding world. For this goal, Nature: Noise Forest has 19 sound profiles, including the sound of forest stream, cicadas, owl and night, birds, etc.
With the help of the embedded equalizer, it is possible to either emphasize or mute those parts of the river noise profile you want. The features of the equalizer are selected in such a way that it keeps its use of water noise sounding natural.
In the set there are 19 of Factory presets based on 19 of water nature.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 15 EUR / $20 USD.
More information: SyncerSoft / Nature: Noise Forest
ADSR Sounds has introduced Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell, a sample pack by Tunecraft Sounds featuring a collection of retro fx, letters and words culled from a circuit bent Speak & Spell.
This sample pack contains 150 unprocessed retro fx sounds with many being suitable for percussive elements, old-school gaming noises, glitch music and many more varied ventures.
The pack also features all 26 letters of the alphabet split into 3 categories titled ‘Regular’, ‘Glitched’ and ‘Distorted’, as well as a mixed bag of 43, mostly ‘as they are’, non-bent words.
With a total of 271 sounds to indulge in and include in your sonic creations, this fix of retro goodness is an essential inclusion for your sound library.
The sample pack costs $10 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell