123creative has launched Multiband NoiseGate NX3, a multi-band noise gate effect plug-in for Windows.
Noise gate is processor that „mute“ signal that is quieter than threshold level and vice versa pass signal that is louder than threshold level. This is mostly used during recording of live drums on more microphones, so if you are recording hi-hats microphone is also recording kick drum but at much lower level. You want to remove quite sound of bass drum from hi-hat channel – you use noise gate. Noise gate is useful also for removing low analog noise, low room reverb or some disturbing noises/speech in background of record. Next example from real use: you are recording guitar and want to use digital simulation of pedals and combo, but you record it with very low noise level for example -80db, later this low level noise is multiplied by distortion/fuzz pedal simulation to level -40db and more, so you need to remove this noise: it is suggested to use noisegate at input to remove very low noise -80db.
Often you don’t want to mute full frequency spectrum, but you want to set different threshold level of other frequency ranges – for example you want to mute just quite subbass under 50db.
For these purposes you will need Multi band noise gate.
Multiband noise gate can be used also for special creative effects, try it on any drum loops or if you are slicing melodic loops (with Slicer in FL studio for example) for creating glitch music styles, try to use multi band noise gate to get much more natural sound and effect of more glued slices together. Possibilities are endless…from technical things to creative freedom.
The plugin is available for the introductory price of 13.23 EUR (regular 18.90 EUR).
More information: 123creative / Multiband NoiseGate NX3
ToneBooster has announced the release of TB-Dither, a quantization and noise shaping plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB-Dither allows the design of your own noise shaping curve – as easy as working with an EQ.
TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping.
TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Supports industry-standard RPDF and TPDF dithering noise.
- Unrivalled flexibility to shape dithering and quantization noise.
- Suports any bith depth between 8 and 24 bits.
- Dedicated modes to listen to quantization noise only.
- Advanced noise-shaping overload protection algorithm.
TB-Dither for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated it’s plug-in line to version 3.0.3.
Changes in v3.0.3
- All plugins
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in Wavelab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inresponsiveness of Module.
- Added ‘legacy’ saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.
More information: ToneBoosters
Alessandro Ielo of JQR Sound has announced the release of JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo, a free sample pack.
All sounds created by Alessandro “JQR” Ielo under Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) Licence.
JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo features
- 36 One Shot Samples
- 13 Kicks
- 13 Snares
- 6 HiHats
- 4 Fxs
- 13 Glitch/Drum Noise Loops (7 of them have 3 variations named A, B and C).
- The Loops are mixed and mastered ITB, while the one shot samples are processed with a Golden Audio Project Pre73 MKII with an EQ-73 on insert.
The sample pack is a free download from archive.org.
More information: JQR Sound / JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo (download)
SyncerSoft has announced Nature: Noise Forest, a virtual instrument plug-in for Windows, which adds the sound and atmosphere of forest nature to your tracks and mixes.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in the surrounding world. For this goal, Nature: Noise Forest has 19 sound profiles, including the sound of forest stream, cicadas, owl and night, birds, etc.
With the help of the embedded equalizer, it is possible to either emphasize or mute those parts of the river noise profile you want. The features of the equalizer are selected in such a way that it keeps its use of water noise sounding natural.
In the set there are 19 of Factory presets based on 19 of water nature.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 15 EUR / $20 USD.
More information: SyncerSoft / Nature: Noise Forest
ADSR Sounds has introduced Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell, a sample pack by Tunecraft Sounds featuring a collection of retro fx, letters and words culled from a circuit bent Speak & Spell.
This sample pack contains 150 unprocessed retro fx sounds with many being suitable for percussive elements, old-school gaming noises, glitch music and many more varied ventures.
The pack also features all 26 letters of the alphabet split into 3 categories titled ‘Regular’, ‘Glitched’ and ‘Distorted’, as well as a mixed bag of 43, mostly ‘as they are’, non-bent words.
With a total of 271 sounds to indulge in and include in your sonic creations, this fix of retro goodness is an essential inclusion for your sound library.
The sample pack costs $10 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell
Acon Digital has released version 1.1.0 of its Restoration Suite, a collection of four plug-ins for audio restoration: DeNoise, DeHum, DeClick and DeClip.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration and noise reduction plugins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.1.0
- DeNoise now reduces broadband noise even more effectively. The center frequency, bandwidth and filter slope of the current band is displayed as cursor information when modifying filter band settings in the emphasis filter editor.
- DeHum can now process up to 96 harmonics and passes the Audio Unit validation on OS X Mavericks (v10.9).
- DeClip contains audio quality improvements and is better at reconstructing high frequency content.
- The plug-ins now show up as stereo plug-ins in Reaper when using Audio Units on OS X.
- DeHum now resets its internal state properly so that previous audio data don’t affect the output when the same instance of the plug-in is used for other audio material.
Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac costs $99.90 USD. The update is free for all Restoration Suite customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
Bleep Labs has announced that its The Bleep Drum drum machine with sequencer and pitch-adjustable samples, is now also available with a MIDI input.
The Bleep Drum is an Arduino based drum machine designed by Dr. Bleep.
The Bleep Drum has been upgraded with full MIDI control.
Now you can trigger the four samples, toggle noise and reverse modes, as well as change the pitch of all four samples with any device that can send MIDI.
Retrofit kits available to upgrade any previous Bleep or Dam Drum.
The kit with MIDI is available to purchase for $75 USD (DIY) / $110 USD (assembled). The MIDI versions ship in mid November, 2013. The MIDI retrofit kit is available to purchase for $17 USD.
More information: Bleep Labs / The Bleep Drum