ADSR Sounds has introduced Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell, a sample pack by Tunecraft Sounds featuring a collection of retro fx, letters and words culled from a circuit bent Speak & Spell.
This sample pack contains 150 unprocessed retro fx sounds with many being suitable for percussive elements, old-school gaming noises, glitch music and many more varied ventures.
The pack also features all 26 letters of the alphabet split into 3 categories titled ‘Regular’, ‘Glitched’ and ‘Distorted’, as well as a mixed bag of 43, mostly ‘as they are’, non-bent words.
With a total of 271 sounds to indulge in and include in your sonic creations, this fix of retro goodness is an essential inclusion for your sound library.
The sample pack costs $10 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell
Acon Digital has released version 1.1.0 of its Restoration Suite, a collection of four plug-ins for audio restoration: DeNoise, DeHum, DeClick and DeClip.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration and noise reduction plugins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.1.0
- DeNoise now reduces broadband noise even more effectively. The center frequency, bandwidth and filter slope of the current band is displayed as cursor information when modifying filter band settings in the emphasis filter editor.
- DeHum can now process up to 96 harmonics and passes the Audio Unit validation on OS X Mavericks (v10.9).
- DeClip contains audio quality improvements and is better at reconstructing high frequency content.
- The plug-ins now show up as stereo plug-ins in Reaper when using Audio Units on OS X.
- DeHum now resets its internal state properly so that previous audio data don’t affect the output when the same instance of the plug-in is used for other audio material.
Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac costs $99.90 USD. The update is free for all Restoration Suite customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
Bleep Labs has announced that its The Bleep Drum drum machine with sequencer and pitch-adjustable samples, is now also available with a MIDI input.
The Bleep Drum is an Arduino based drum machine designed by Dr. Bleep.
The Bleep Drum has been upgraded with full MIDI control.
Now you can trigger the four samples, toggle noise and reverse modes, as well as change the pitch of all four samples with any device that can send MIDI.
Retrofit kits available to upgrade any previous Bleep or Dam Drum.
The kit with MIDI is available to purchase for $75 USD (DIY) / $110 USD (assembled). The MIDI versions ship in mid November, 2013. The MIDI retrofit kit is available to purchase for $17 USD.
More information: Bleep Labs / The Bleep Drum
ADSR Sounds has introduced Data Destruction, a collection of 110+ glitch/noise samples.
Pure digital glitch/noise suited to a variety of musical styles and multimedia applications or as a creative springboard for further sound design.
Data Destruction is a collection of 112 unprocessed raw data wav files separated into three categories:
- Quick Glitch (Less Than A Second) – 64 files
- Medium Glitch (1 – 3 Seconds) – 29 files
- Lengthy Glitch (Over 3 Seconds) – 19 files
The sample pack costs $10 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Data Destruction
ToneBytes has announced Tape Noise, a VST format plug-in for Windows, which adds the sound and atmosphere of analog recordings to your tracks and mixes.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add real sounding analog noises from different sources. For this goal, Tape Noise has 21 delicious tape noise profiles, sampled from actual magnetic tapes, compact cassettes and reels such as TDK D-C60, Maxell XLII-S, DENON RD50, BASF chromdioxide super II, etc.
With the help of the embedded equalizer, it is possible to either emphasize or reduce those parts of the noise profile you want. The features of the equalizer are selected in such a way that it keeps its use of noise sounding natural.
Built-in preset based tape frequency response simulator and Wow’n’Flutter also adds some vintage feeling to your sound.
Tape Noise features
- 32 Factory presets based on 21 of actual tape noise profiles.
- Built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Tape Noise users.
- VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
The plugin costs $20 USD / 15 EUR.
More information: ToneBytes / Tape Noise
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 12, 2013 - 1 comment
iZotope has announced the release of its RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced complete audio repair suite.
Rescue your audio from the cutting room floor! With remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more, RX 3 is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Used everywhere from Hollywood post production studios to leading sound editing facilities, iZotope RX™ 3 transforms troubled recordings into professional-grade material.
RX 3 Advanced extends the standard version of RX 3 with new, specialized features designed for audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering. Remove unwanted reverb, sculpt and define dialogue in real time, and much more.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are available to purchase for the introductory price of $249 USD and $749 USD respectively, trough September 27th. Registered users of RX 1 or RX 2 can upgrade to RX 3 for a special discount.
More information: iZotope / RX 3
ToneBoosters has released version 2.9.1 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Our audio plugins are based on more than a decade of scientific research and product development in the areas of digital signal processing and auditory perception.
Changes in version 2.9.1
- All plugins
- Improved key press handling when plugins are in and out of focus.
- Improved stability on OSX.
- TB ReelBus
- New tape model (Glue tape II).
- New control for adjustable low/high frequency pre-post emphasis.
- New control for adjustable mid/side pre-post emphasis.
- New tape stop simulation feature.
- New noise reduction simulation.
- Various quality improvements.
- “Normal” (low CPU) and “High Quality” modes available to reduce the CPU load by almost a factor of 3 (depending on platform).
The new downloads are now available.
More information: ToneBoosters