Posted in news
on Oct 02, 2012 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion for iZotope’s RX2 and RX2 Advanced complete audio repair software throughout October, 2012.
Got an annoying text message beep in the background of your podcast recording?
Need to get rid of that amp hum from your live recording?
Perhaps you’re restoring your old vinyl and want to get rid of those familiar crackles?
iZotope RX2 is the most complete audio repair toolkit on the market, enabling you to remove noise, hiss, buzz and hum, eliminate clicks and crackle, restore clipped audio, visually select and suppress unwanted sounds, resynthesize missing audio and much more. Just listen to the before and after demos to hear how well it works!
RX2 was designed from the ground up specifically for audio restoration and repair with tons of features including…
- Rich spectrogram display visualizes the audio in an incredibly intuitive and precise way.
- New Lasso, Brush and Magic Wand tools allow natural freehand selections around problem sounds.
- Spectral Repair resynthesises audio allowing you to seamlessly remove unwanted individual sounds or even fill gaps in your recording.
- Edit History tracks every change allowing you to undo and compare processing.
- Compare Settings lets you process and audition multiple settings side by side.
- Batch processor can process tons of files quickly with any combination of modules.
- Standalone application and a suite of plug-ins for your DAW to fit the way you want to work.
RX2 is available to purchase for £179 GBP throughout October (£70 off RRP), RX2 Advanced is £549 GBP (£250 off RRP).
More information: Time+Space / iZotope RX2
Waves has announced the release of its NS1 Noise Suppressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The most intuitive professional noise suppression plugin ever created, Waves NS1 Noise Suppressor intelligently differentiates between dialog and unwanted noise.
Perfect for post production, audio forensics and musical applications alike, NS1 instantly analyzes and adapts to your signal in real-time, bringing the foreground into focus as it eliminates unnecessary background noise.
Controlled by a simple single fader, NS1 also features an attenuation meter which shows you just how much overall energy is being removed from your input signal.
With NS1, noise suppression is as easy as fading away.
- Automatic adaptive real-time noise suppression.
- Intuitive one-fader control.
- Ideal for dialog, voiceovers, broadcast, music and more.
- SoundGrid® and MultiRack Native compatible.
The NS1 plugin is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (TDM).
More information: Waves / NS1 Noise Suppressor
ToneBytes has announced Urban Noise, a VST format plug-in for Windows, which mixes the sounds of urban atmospheres with your recordings.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically inherent to the big city. For this goal, Urban Noise has 21 sound profiles, including the sound of car noise, crowd noise, bar ambience, subway sounds and much more other.
There are three slots in Urban Noise which you can use to mix different noise profiles to produce complex and variable noise environments.
With the help of the embedded equalizer, it is possible to either emphasize or mute those parts of the noise profile you want. The features of the equalizer are selected in such a way that it keeps its use of noise sounding natural.
The VST plug-in for Windows is available to purchase for 15 EUR / $20 USD.
More information: ToneBytes / Urban Noise
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Aug 16, 2012 - 0 comments
ToneBytes has announced the release of its Noise Bundle, a collection of three plug-ins at 25% off.
From 15 Aug 2012 to 15 Sep 2012 get all the noise plugins for only $45 in one bundle that includes: Analog Noise, Ambient Nature Noise, Industrial Noise
Noise Bundle features
- Industrial Noise — is an easy-to-use virtual effect plug-in for Windows which adds the sound of different mechanisms, machines and technical devices to your recordings. The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in various industries, plants and factories. It has 21 sound profiles, including the sound of motors, pumps, fans, tools, and machines and much more other.
- Ambient Nature Noise — is an easy-to-use virtual effect plug-in for Windows which adds the sound and atmosphere of alive and lifeless nature to your recordings. It has 21 built-in sound profiles, including the sound of birds, insects, bats, trees and other flora and fauna, and the sounds of lifeless nature such as sound of waterfall and rain, wash, fire crackling and much more other.
- Analog Noise — is an easy-to-use virtual effect plug-in for Windows which adds the sound and atmosphere of analog recordings to your tracks and mixes. It has 21 built-in sound profiles, including the sound of magnetic tape with various coverings, the sound of vinyl records, and the sound of the signal of various tube and transistor devices, such as Hammond Sounder, Moog Liberation, Akai Ax-73, JVC MI-5000, etc.
The Noise Bundle for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $45 USD until September 15th, 2012 (regular $60 USD).
More information: ToneBytes
Hollow Sun has announced the Advanced Noise Generator, a new Music Lab Machine for Native Instruments Kontakt.
It features very long 44/24 white, pink and low frequency noise samples taken from a true analogue modular synth which pass through a multimode filter offering eight different filter types. This filter can be controlled by two LFOs (one with simultaneous multiple waveforms which can be mixed for complex control waveshapes) and an ADSR envelope and then onto an output section with separate LFOs for control of amplitude and panning. This passes to a distortion section with up to four different distortion units followed by a delay and a convolution reverb featuring custom impulses.
The Advanced Noise Generator is therefore capable of creating all manner of dense and undulating noisescapes as well as no end of noise sweeps and effects … and with the distortion units, they can stray into IDM territory.
But the Advanced Noise Generator has another trick up its sleeve – the ‘Serendipity’ button! Click on the Hollow Sun brass plaque at the top and have the A.N.G. create a new sound for you at random. It might not be immediately useful but could send you off in new, creative directions. It also comes with 40 ‘presets’ which can be used as is or as the basis of your own creations.
It’s quirky, odd, different, unique and typical of the MLMs and a fine adjunct to the rest of the series.
Hollow Sun’s Advanced Noise Generator is suitable for almost any modern musical genre, providing noise sweeps, SFX and various distortion units.
Advanced Noise Generator features
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- True analogue white, pink and low frequency noise.
- Each sample 2 minutes long and seamlessly looped.
- Multimode filter -2/4/6-pole LP, 2/4-pole BP, 1/2-pole HP.
- Phase shifter filter.
- 2 x LFOs, one with simultaneous multiwaves.
- Various distorion effects.
- Delay and convolution reverb.
- ‘Serendipity’ function randomly creates new sounds.
- 40 presets.
The Advanced Noise Generator is available to purchase for £8 GBP.
More information: Hollow Sun / Advanced Noise Generator
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jul 06, 2012 - 0 comments
iZotope has released version 2.1 of its RX audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
RX 2.1 includes several important updates that address plugin improvements, AAX support, 64-bit Windows version and stability improvements.
Changes in RX v2.1
- New Features
- Spectral Repair plugin usability improvements, including:
- Added a playhead inside the plugin for timing reference.
- Added ‘Play Selection’ option when running RX 2 as a plug-in.
- Increased the size of the captured buffer, which differs based on sampling rate.
- Compatibility Changes
- Added AAX support, available as an option during installation.
- 64-bit application support for Windows.
- Improved support for 3rd party plug-ins hosted in the RX Advanced Standalone application.
- Other Changes
- Fixed issues with Pro Tools handles.
- Improved readability of exported XML History.
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements.
RX for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $349 USD. RX Advanced is $1,199 USD.
More information: iZotope / RX
Tonebytes has announced Industrial Noise, an instrument plug-in in collaboration with Softrave.
Easy-to-use virtual effect plug-in for Windows which adds the sound of different mechanisms, machines and technical devices to your recordings. The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in various industries, plants and factories. It has 21 sound profiles, including the sound of motors, pumps, fans, tools, and machines and much more other.
Add some mechanical noise of machines to your productions with Industrial Noise.
Industrial Noise features
- 21 sound profiles, including motors, pumps, fans, tools and machines & more.
- 3 slots produce complex and variable noise environments by mixing profiles.
- Embedded equalizer for emphasizing or muting those parts of the noise profile.
- Built-in preset manager with 32 factory presets.
- VST automation and full MIDI Learn support.
Industrial Noise for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 15 EUR / $20 USD.
More information: ToneBytes / Industrial Noise
SyncerSoft has announced Noise VST, an effect which adds the sound and atmosphere of analog recordings to your tracks and mixes.
The purpose of the plug-in is to add sounds typically found in the common electrical and mechanical devices that surround us in our life. For this goal, Noise has 25 sound profiles, including the sound of compressor, demagnetizer, kinoprojektor, neon tube, etc. With the help of the embedded equalizer, it is possible to either emphasize or mute those parts of the noise profile you want. The features of the equalizer are selected in such a way that it keeps its use of noise sounding natural.
A big range of noise level settings makes it possible to saturate the sound a little, or to greatly distort it. This allows Analog Noise to be used not only for adding effects to sound, but also as a source of the sound of different noises to be used in experimental styles of electronic music.
In the set there are 41 of Factory presets based on 25 of noise profile.
The built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Noise users. In addition, VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Noise for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $20 USD / 15 EUR.
More information: SyncerSoft / Noise