Tone2 has released version 1.10.2 of FireBird+, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
FireBird+ is not just another synthesizer, it uses Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) synthesis to provide a powerful, unique and innovative architecture for next-generation sounds, never heard before.
HCM synthesis combines standard and resynthesized waves, which can be modified in real time using various modifiers altering their harmonic structure.
Changes in FireBird+ v1.10.2
- 137 new presets programmed by Bastiaan van Noord (NoiseWorkx) and Bryan ‘Xenos’ Lee.
- Additional patterns for the ARP.
- Up and down arrow keys are now used for previous/next preset selection.
- Included a Spanish manual
- Improved performance and faster loading.
- Improved sound, smoother and more hardware like sound quality.
- More ‘punchy’ envelopes.
- Slightly reduced reverb mix for combi effects.
- Filter sweeps now sound cleaner.
- Improved host compatibility.
- Reduced CPU spikes.
- The installer now automatically detects the VST folder.
The v1.10.2. update is free for all FireBird+ users.
More information: Tone2 / FireBird+
Tone2 has released Abstracts, an expansion for the Firebird+ synthesizer.
Abstracts is a collection of 440+ patches, an extensive 30 page manual with step by step tutorials including tips and hints for Firebird and a patch list with descriptions for easy access to the sounds.
- 440+ sounds: deep basses, ambient textures, rhythmic elements, leads and evolving pad sounds, Abstracts showcases the true strength of Firebird’s Harmonic Content Morphing synthesis.
- Designed to be as usable as possible, ranging from bread and butter leads to complex ambient soundscapes, every patch is setup to cover keyboard controllers like Mod wheel, Pitch bend and velocities.
- Next to the usual fxb format, presets inside the expansion banks are included as single fxp files, sorted by categories as well as sorted by bank (‘no FX’ versions of all the banks are also included).
- Inside the expansion you will also find 210 percussion and effect samples in wav format (60mb), taken from the included percussion, effect and variation patches of these sounds.
Abstracts for Firebird+ is available for 34 EUR / $49 USD.
More information: Tone2 / Abstracts