Sounds for Synth has introduced Bleeding Skies, a soundset for the Nord Lead 3 synthesizer.
Sounds for Synth has just released ‘Bleeding Skies’ a new soundset by Seraphic Music for Nord Lead 3 containing 128 patches of piercing leads, beautiful keys, transient rich arpeggios, meaty basses and pads to die for.
All patches are designed for the OS 1.20 and the amplitude level of the patches is optimized for the -10 dbv scale. Almost every patch make use of the morph function and/or the ModWheel. The soundset is aimed to fit most styles in the EDM scene and is only available on Sounds for Synth.
The soundset is available for purchase for $25 USD.
More information: Sounds for Synth / Bleeding Skies
Nord has launched the Marque Gilmore Bank, an expressive sound bank for the Nord Drum 2.
The innovative drummer/percussionist/producer and composer Marque Gilmore has put toghether a signature bank for the Nord Drum 2. Marque has been working globally as a professional musician for nearly 25 years and has a long experience combining the best of the acoustic and electronic world of percussion, as well as being a pioneer in combining and uniting musical expressions from all over the world.
The Marque Gilmore Bank contains 23 kits and can be downloaded here, where you’ll also find some really brilliant sound demos showcasing the expressive, dynamic range of the Nord Drum 2!
The bank is a free download.
More information: Nord / Marque Gilmore Bank
Nord has announced the release of the Fairlight collection, a major addition to the Nord Sample Library.
The Fairlight was the first commercially available polyphonic sampler when launched back in 1979 and it opened up the doors of sampling to many artists and producer during the 80′s.
The sounds in this collection were all sampled from a newly overhauled Fairlight CMI System IIx, with detailed mapping to capture that characteristic Fairlight sound!
The Nord Sample Library is compatible with the Nord Wave, Nord Electro 3/4, Nord Piano 2 and Nord Stage 2.
More information: Nord / Fairlight collection
Related: Acid Records
, FJ Project
, Luca Cominato
, patches and sound banks
Posted in news
on Jan 28, 2014 - 0 comments
discoDSP has announced that Luca Cominato (aka FJ Project) of Acid Records has updated the Discovery Pro bank for Release 6.x, now including a Nord Lead 2 SysEx bank for Clavia owners.
This Sound Bank contains 128 different presets: Fat Synth, Acid&Dark Lead, Pad and Tech Sounds FX for Hard Trance, Tech Trance and Hard Style Music Production.
Purchase is available at Gigaloops website with a limited 50% off offer
The soundset costs £5.99 GBP.
More information: Gigaloops
Clavia has announced the Nord Lead A1, a new analog modelling synthesizer.
The Lead A1 combines the latest analogue modelling engine from the acclaimed Lead 4, with an innovative streamlined interface for fast-track programming.
The Lead 4 and now the Lead A1 are equipped with an all new analogue modeling sound engine, capable of reproducing the character and nuances of the vintage synths of your dreams with breathtaking accuracy. 24-voice polyphonic and four part multi-timbral, the Lead A1 is a flexible choice for either stage or studio, delivering a stunningly rich and versatile palette of sounds.
The Lead A1 introduces a new front-panel user interface designed to make programming quick and easy, while retaining hands on flexibility.
Nord Lead A1 features
- Unique Oscillator concept.
- 8 Oscillator Configurations.
- Pitch, Detune, Shape, Sync, AM, Noise, Dual Osc, FM.
- Traditional Analog and Digital Waveforms.
- LFO with 5 waveforms.
- Mod Envelope.
- LFO as additional ModEnv.
- 12, 24 dB low-pass filters.
- High-pass and Band-pass filters.
- Transistor and diode ladder filter simulations of Mini and TB-303.
- Ensemble, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulator, Drive.
- 4-part multi-timbral.
- Master Clock Sync of Arpeggiator, LFO and Delay.
- Velocity and Mod Wheel Morph.
- USB MIDI.
The Nord Lead A1 will be available in April 2014 with an estimated price of £1299 GBP RRP inc. VAT / $1799 USD MAP.
The Nord Lead A1 will be demonstrated at the NAMM show, at the booth of USA distributor American Music & Sound, #B6464.
More information: Nord / Nord Lead A1
Nord has launched OS version 1.20 for the Nord Lead 4 performance synthesizer.
OS 1.20 is an important update that both fixes some bugs in the Nord Lead 4 as well as adding a number of new features.
Changes in OS v1.20
- Performances are now organized in 2 Banks, A and B with 50 slots in each.
- When the Ladder M filter is selected, the filter and amp envelopes is switched into a more vintage like mode.
- Nord Sound Manager Program Bundles are now supported – requires Nord Sound Manager 6.34 or newer!
- Details here.
The update is available now from the downloads section.
Nord has also introduced a new bank for the Nord Lead 4 by Richard Devine.
Richard Devine is an artist and sound designer based in Atlanta GA. He’s a man of many skills and his portfolio includes releasing music on the cult label WARP, remixing Ryuichi Sakamoto, sound design for Microsoft Windows 7 and doing sound libraries for many innovative companies like Ableton, Native Instruments, Propellerheads, Izotope and many more!
Richard also did some brilliant patches the Nord Modular G2 back in the day, so he can proudly call himself real Clavian!
The free bank includes 50 performances, 50 single programs, and 25 bonus drum sound programs.
More information: Nord / Nord Lead 4
Piet Kaempfer aka Protonica has released version 1.1 of a free Max for Live device for controlling a Nord Lead 2X synthesizer.
The Nord Lead 2X controller device for Max for Live & Ableton Live.
This is a Max for Live Midi Device to give you remote control on your Clavia Nord Lead/Rack 2X. Easier Automation and Modulation of each Control Change (CC) Parameter.
Nord Lead 2X 1.1 features
- Edit almost every parameter of your Nord Lead/Rack from this device.
- If you edit any CC knob from Nord Lead/Rack, you can see it moving directly from this device.
- Automate & modulate all parameter from the front panel in Live.
- When you open the project with this device, all the parameters are automatically sent to the Nord Lead/Rack.
- Load and save programs (as Max for Live device).
- Control all layers by simply loading up to four devices on different MIDI tracks.
The controller device is a free download. Requires Max for Live.
More information: Protonica / Nord Lead 2X controller
Clavia has released version 2.0 of its Nord Beat app for iPad to version 2.0.
Nord Beat 2 is a 6-track CoreMIDI Step Sequencer for iPad and a perfect companion for the Nord Drum 2 Modeling Percussion Synthesizer.
It can also be used with any external MIDI drum module, synth or sampler (or even other iPads app via Virtual MIDI).
Changes in Nord Beat 2.0
- Step sequencer expanded to support 6 tracks.
- Added Flam, 32th and 32 triplet modifiers for individual steps.
- New MIDI settings menu with flexible MIDI output routings.
- Send and receive MIDI Clock Sync.
- Added the option to save a Program Change together with a program.
The Nord Beat app is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Clavia / Nord Beat