Novaflash has recently released a number of new freeware VST instruments and effects.
New and updated plug-ins
The Oxytocin synth has been updated as well.
Visit Novaflash for more information on all of these free plug-ins.
Novaflash has updated Oxytocin, the freeware semi-modular virtual analog substractive VSTi for PC, created with SynthEdit.
It’s been a while since I posted about this synth, but it seems this puppy gets updated at least a dozen times a month so it isn’t totally weird it doesn’t really look the way it did almost half a year ago.
There have been too many updates to list so I’ll just sum up the main features again.
- Sound generator (max 9 poly) featuring 2 dual VCOs (A+B), EG, sharpness, waveform shaper, 2 x LFO (each w/ EG), 1 adj. noise generator (w/ EG), 1 ring modulator, HP, BP, LP res. filters (3 flavors – 12 to 36db), distortion (21 modes) + soft limiter
- Main Amp and Misc includes a free EG (HADSR, positive or negative, velocity, 3 destinations), arp and Unison = max 3 voices
mono: granulizer (modulable), LoFi, Formant filter and 2 x VCF (ser/par)
stereo: delay (modulable, independant channel setup, gated mode), chorus, reverb (gated mode), spacializer (stereo expander)
- LFO: 4 x modulator each w/ EG, FX dedicated
- Step Sequencer, 2x 128
- MIDI Learn
Last time I tried this synth I liked it but didn’t find many useful presets included and it’s not the easiest synth to program so I kind of forgot about it. This time around the default 128 presets include many beautiful bread and butter type sounds, so if you didn’t like Oxytocin much before maybe give it another shot.
Visit Novaflash for more information and a link to download the latest beta of Oxytocin.
Novaflash has released Oxytocin (formerly named Ignition), a freeware VA substractive synth with digital effects made with SynthEdit.
The author claims this synth is not for newbies and judging from the screenshot it does indeed look quite complex.
- Max Poly = 9
- Unison = 3 voices, spread
- 2 x VCO, each w/ own EG. (adj. harmonic, waveform tweaker)
- 2 x LFO, each w/ own EG
- 1 noise generator w/ own EG
- HP, BP, LP filters, 3 flavors (12 to 36db)
- distortion + limiter
- free EG (WADSR, velocity, 3 dest. blocks)
- FX (mono)
- 4 x LFO modulator each w/ own EG
- granulizer (a kind of), modulable
- LoFi & multi VCF (swapable)
- stereo delay, modulable
- stereo reverb
- stereo expander (cheap, out of phase L/R)
Visit Novaflash for more information and a link to download Oxytocin.
Novaflash‘s nf7p16 is a VA synth which uses little CPU. It is currently in beta, but a final version should be released soon.
- poly 16
- 1 ADSR
- 2 VCO
- multimode filter (standard + moogish)
- dist + limiter
- stereo chorus
- extended CC mapping
- 128 presets
There’s no page for nf7p16 on Novaflash yet so get it here