Pluggotic has released Footile, a free glitch effect plug-in for Windows.
Footile is the remix of a vst effect by Novuzeit, Motile. Motile and Footile share the same serial-multifx concept and sound architecture but with a different modulation sistem.
In Footile, the effects parameters can be tweaked on four different “scenes”. Each scene is shown (colour coded) as a corner of a xy pad in the middle of the interface, so moving the cursor will morph each scene into the others.
Furthermore, morphing can be modulated with independent & mixable lfos, sequencers, envelope followers, randomizers (s/h), operating on x or y axis or both at host-synchronized rates.
Inspired by a certain quest for failure, Footile can be pretty unsubtle. It will treat signals with the following fx chain: pitch shifter-bitrate crusher-psycho-grains-glitch-metal-filter-control. Every effect can be disactivated and mixed at will.
Footile comes with 32 unsuccessful presets.
Footile is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Pluggotic
DarkWare/NOVUZEIT developer Jack Dark has released source files of his SynthEdit plug-ins.
As a parting gift to the SynthEdit scene I have decided to release all of my DarkWare and NOVUZEIT .SE1 source files for free.
Jack decided to cease VST production a while ago.
You can download the archives in one single .ZIP file from Rapidshare.
Novuzeit has announced a bundle sale of the entire Novuzeit VST collection.
Jack Dark writes:
As of August 2007, NOVUZEIT has ceased VST production. NOVUZEIT products are still being sold, and will be sold for a while to come. However, as a “going out of VST production business” caveat, NOVUZEIT would like to extend this special offer
For a limited time, the Novuzeit Bundle costs $50 USD. It includes the following plugins:
- Neon Black, hybrid synthesis synthesizer
- Mega-Mogue, subtractive synthesis synthesizer
- Iridesynth’s Revenge, phase distortion synthesizer
- The Hands Of Darkness – “CLENCHED”, atmosphere generating synthesizer
- NeoRetro DX, vintage & vogue video game synthesizer
- PropheSea, subtractive vector hybrid synthesizer
- X-FX series, a collection of 10 classic FX
- Kinetic Visual Replay, useful insanity with déjà vu
- Sizzle Spine, step-sequenced distortion unit
- Motile, for extreme experimental audio manipulation
- FX Lord, a multi-FX unit coupled with modulation matrix abilities
- Voxelay, delay effect
This special Novuzeit Bundle deal is available until September 1st, 2007.
Visit Novuzeit for more information and and demo versions of the plugins in this bundle.
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, low price
Posted in news
on Jun 15, 2007
Novuzeit has released X-FX Series, a collection of 10 classic audio effects.
Jack Dark writes:
X-FX represents 10 high quality individual VST units (listed below) that offer traditional FX with enhanced control parameter options. For example, nearly every control knob on an X-FX unit supports its own individual LFO for self-automation. Most X-FX units allow tweaking of the left and right stereo channels independently (where sensibly applicable).
X-FX includes the following plugins:
- Analog filter, vintage filter designed for analog warmth
- Chorus, with large variety of options
- Comb filter, including state variable filtering
- Delay, interesting modulation options for glitchy weirdness
- Distortion, decibel quantizing, bitcrushing and waveshaping
- Overdrive, designed to emulate the sounds of a variety of tube amplifiers
- Pan-Vol, LFO controlled volume shaping / stereo panning
- Phlanger, a combination phaser and flanger unit
- Reverb, with a few twists
- Stereoize, turn your mono into stereo
The full version of X-FX gets rid of the random periodic silence and includes the user manual. You can purchase the X-FX series is currently only $20.00 USD.
Visit the X-FX page for more information on each individual effect plugin, screenshots, demo sounds and a to download a demo of the X-FX Series.
Novuzeit has released Kinetic Visual Replay, a multi-effect VST plug-in.
Kinetic Visual Replay allows realtime control of FX units’ parameters with kinetic pucks, displayed in the center of the GUI.
- 10 individual audio FX units: Bitcrushing, Scratching, Glitching, Granularation, Metallization and more
- Each kintetic puck (FX unit parameter control) is tracked on screen in realtime, simultaneously
- Custom background for the playfield
- Direct recording and looping playback of realtime movements for each kinetic puck
Kinetic Visual Replay costs $30.00 USD and a demo version is available. (The demo has random periodic silence, only 20 presets, only a basic user manual and the Metal and Pitch FX Units do not allow Replay File recording)
Visit Novuzeit for more information, some mp3 demos and a link to download the demo of Kinetic Visual Replay.
Novuzeit has released NeoRetro DX, a commercial game synth VSTi plug-in.
NeoRetro DX is a complete rebuild of the original NeoRetro from the ground up. Everything under the hood has been revamped, upgraded, optimized, and tricked out to the max.
Key upgrades in NeoRetro DX
- 100% complete rebuild of synthesis engine, better sound and less CPU
- An extra subtractive-synthesis layer added (3 oscillators means more complex patches)
- Now two different arpeggiators for each oscillator (pulse-division, LFO-glide)
- Track each oscillator pitch through three different ADSR-to-pitch routings
- Individual LFOs added for phase-distortion, oscillator-sync, quantize, sample reduction, etc
- New multi-filter with automatable sweeping added
- 100 presets in full version; new user manual written
NeoRetro DX costs $20.00 ($10.00 for previous purchasers of NeoRetro V1.0) and a demo version is offered for download, along with MP3 demos.
Visit Novuzeit’s NeoRetro DX page for more information.
Novuzeit has updated their commercial VSTi The Hands Of Darkness to v1.5, and renamed it The Hands Of Darkness – “Clenched”.
Clenched is a synth that creates dark, unsettling, and intentionally malfunctioning-sounding textures.
The original v1.0 of THOD is available as freeware now and is included in the Clenched demo download as a bonus for trying out the updated synth.
New in v1.5
- Complete rebuild of synth, now a cleaner sound and (slightly) less CPU drain
- New 70% more menacing GUI with all parameters labeled plus verbose tooltips
- New features added like “Bad”, “Vile Corruption”, and “Evil”. Fun stuff
- New HTMLized user’s manual – now you can understand this crazy thing
- All FX units re:tweaked for more “ommpf” in the sound
- New analog-filter module implemented, sounds much better than the old one did
- More LFOs added, now nearly every parameter supports LFO automation now (even the ADSR)
- Now includes over 80 presets
The Hands Of Darkness – “Clenched” is currently available for $34.95 USD.
Visit Novuzeit for more information, mp3 demos and a link to download THOD: “Clenched” (including the free v1.0).