Novuzeit has released NeoRetro DX, a commercial game synth VSTi plug-in.
NeoRetro DX is a complete rebuild of the original NeoRetro from the ground up. Everything under the hood has been revamped, upgraded, optimized, and tricked out to the max.
Key upgrades in NeoRetro DX
- 100% complete rebuild of synthesis engine, better sound and less CPU
- An extra subtractive-synthesis layer added (3 oscillators means more complex patches)
- Now two different arpeggiators for each oscillator (pulse-division, LFO-glide)
- Track each oscillator pitch through three different ADSR-to-pitch routings
- Individual LFOs added for phase-distortion, oscillator-sync, quantize, sample reduction, etc
- New multi-filter with automatable sweeping added
- 100 presets in full version; new user manual written
NeoRetro DX costs $20.00 ($10.00 for previous purchasers of NeoRetro V1.0) and a demo version is offered for download, along with MP3 demos.
Visit Novuzeit’s NeoRetro DX page for more information.
Novuzeit has updated their commercial VSTi The Hands Of Darkness to v1.5, and renamed it The Hands Of Darkness – “Clenched”.
Clenched is a synth that creates dark, unsettling, and intentionally malfunctioning-sounding textures.
The original v1.0 of THOD is available as freeware now and is included in the Clenched demo download as a bonus for trying out the updated synth.
New in v1.5
- Complete rebuild of synth, now a cleaner sound and (slightly) less CPU drain
- New 70% more menacing GUI with all parameters labeled plus verbose tooltips
- New features added like “Bad”, “Vile Corruption”, and “Evil”. Fun stuff
- New HTMLized user’s manual – now you can understand this crazy thing
- All FX units re:tweaked for more “ommpf” in the sound
- New analog-filter module implemented, sounds much better than the old one did
- More LFOs added, now nearly every parameter supports LFO automation now (even the ADSR)
- Now includes over 80 presets
The Hands Of Darkness – “Clenched” is currently available for $34.95 USD.
Visit Novuzeit for more information, mp3 demos and a link to download THOD: “Clenched” (including the free v1.0).