Nucleus SoundLab is now offering a free download of Ambient Space I, an innovative soundscape library for Reason, Viral Outbreak/Wusikstation, and SF2/SFZ.
Ambient Space I is focused on extremely long ambient samples. Sample lengths range from 30 seconds to over 2 minutes! Convolution, timestretching, FFT analysis, additive resynthesis and more were used in their creation. Armed with these samples, composing your next ambient opus or soundtrack will be simple.
Ambient Space I features
- Over 800mb (32-bit format) of raw samples.
- Consists of 50 different waveforms.
- 32 custom Reason Combinator patches.
- 50 NN19 patches.
“Ambient Space I” previously sold for $24.95 USD (multi-format download) but is now available to download at no cost for Newsletter subscribers (subscription is free).
More information: Nucleus SoundLab / Ambient Space I
Camel Audio has released version 1.12 of Alchemy, a sample manipulation synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
This update includes many new features and bug fixes including improved Cameleon preset import, playback position indicators for all editors, the performance octave switch remains active when changing presets for easy key switching between remix snapshots, equal power cross-fading between sources, increased zoom levels for some editors, improved skinning and numerous other improvements. This version of Alchemy no longer requires the main Alchemy key file as the users registration details are now encrypted and embedded directly in to the Alchemy binary file for improved security and protection.
Changes Alchemy in v1.12
- Improved Cameleon preset import
- Source editor playback position indicator
- Step sequencer playback position indicator
- MSEG playback position indicator
- XY-MSEG position indicator
- Octave control in perform stays active when changing presets
- Snap X in additive editor – now allows tempo sync of additive sounds
- MSEG views retain zoom level and position
- Randomize MSEGs and Step Sequencers
- Increased maximum zoom levels for MSEG and additive editor displays
- Menu option in spectral editor to set logarithmic scaling of Y-axis
- XY equal power cross-fading
- Alchemy key file is now embedded into the Alchemy component
- Remix pad numbers are now optional for custom skins
- XY pad background image is now customisable
- XY pad triangles are now optional
- Knob sizes in GUI skin files are no longer a fixed size
- Many bug fixes
Camel Audio has also released a new set of samples and presets for the Factory library as part of the Group Buy bonuses:
- Choirs, Basses & Keys – 500MB samples
- Viral Infection from Nucleus Soundlab – 1GB samples
- 150 new presets making use of the latest sample content
- Four tutorial videos illustrating how to use Alchemy more effectively
Registered users of Alchemy can download the latest update, new content and view the tutorials by logging in to their support account. A list of new presets sorted by category is available, along with a list of the new samples.
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy
Nucleus SoundLab has announced the release of Pantheon II, the next in its series of ultimate Thor Refills for Propellerhead Reason 4.
Pantheon II carries on the the fine lineage set by the original, with a massive new variety of intricately constructed patches ready to inspire you. Once again, these patches inner workings are revealed with refined and detailed PDF documentation.
Imagine a Refill without compromise. Instead of patches consisting of a single good idea, you’ll find patches that contain several great ideas, tweaked to absolute perfection. As is now the Nucleus SoundLab standard, these patches are totally unique and fully mapped – ready to start or jump-start your new track. You won’t have a problem finding a suitable patch either – not only are all Combinators categorized intelligently across diverse categories, but all Thor patches are as well!
Pantheon II features
- 173 fresh and unique Combinators.
- 244 Thor patches.
- 30 Subtractor and Malstrom patches.
- 8 .rps demo songs.
- All Combinator and Thor rotaries/buttons uniquely mapped.
- All Combinator and Thor patches categorized intelligently.
- PDF Design documentation for each patch, detailing important aspects of its design, inspiration and performance.
Pantheon II is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Nucleus SoundLab / Pantheon II
Sonic Elements has announced the release of Sapphire II, a new patch set for Rob Papen’s BLUE.
This is sound designer Shaun Wallace’s follow-up to his critically acclaimed Sapphire soundset from Nucleus SoundLab. Sapphire II seeks to build upon the legacy and synthesis trickery of the original Sapphire. Sapphire II pushes BLUE to its limits exploring every modulation and synthesis possibility for a truly unique sonic experience.
Sapphire II’s sonic arsenal ranges from ambient to VGM based sounds. In addition the sounds vary from aggresive leads, fat basses, somber keys, and ethereal bliss with rhythmic and microtonal sensibilities molded into every patch. The sounds were designed with both the professional and hobbyist in mind. Users will find patches prime for layering and also one note wonders. Sapphire II holds a mountain of potential for any musical genre.
Sapphire II features
- 160 presets for Rob Papen’s BLUE.
- Compatible with BLUE 1.7 and up.
- Mod Wheel & Aftertouch Mapped.
Sapphire II is available for download for $27.95 USD. A free demo bank can be downloaded here.
More information: Sonic Elements / Sapphire II
Nucleus SoundLab has announced Reason Wizardry, a series of advanced video tutorials for Propellerhead Reason 4, produced fresh and delivered electronically each month.
Through Reason Wizardry, you will benefit from the vast sound design experience of Nucleus SoundLab Lead Designer Jeremy Janzen. Since 2005, Jeremy has pushed the boundaries of sound design in Reason – first by implementing 100% unique Combinators in a Refill; followed by the first commercial effects Refill; and finally by introducing detailed and educational PDF documentation for each patch. In keeping with this history of innovative sound design and sharing knowledge, Reason Wizardry goes even farther to walk you through Reason’s inner depths.
Reason Wizardry isn’t meant to rehash the basics. It won’t show you how to create a pattern in Redrum or how to load a sample in NN-19. Instead, by assuming each user had already read the manual and has a basic knowledge – Reason Wizardry skips right ahead to the good stuff. Each month you’ll find out how to get the very most out of Reason devices, how to create your own sounds that step away from the cliches, and the not-so-obvious tricks that will save you time in your productions.
Reason Wizardry is available by subscription for $9.95 USD per month. A 12-month pre-paid subscription is available for $99.95 USD (includes a 30-minute ‘Getting Started with Thor’ bonus video as a free gift).
A free video excerpt of the July 2009 Wizardry issue is available from the Nucleus SoundLab website, both in Quicktime and Vimeo streaming formats.
More information: Nucleus SoundLab
Nucleus SoundLab has announced a special offer for Viral Outbreak and VS Resurrection.
Add some vintage flavor to Viral Outbreak – Until June 20th, 2009 every sale of the Viral Outbreak VSTi or Multi-Format will also include VS Resurrection Multi-Format (regular price $39.95) for free!
For everyone else, VS Resurrection is on sale for just $24.95 during this limited time.
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information.
Nucleus SoundLab has released Synthetic Kits, a Next-Gen Drum Synthesis ReFill for Reason.
Synthetic Kits uses the awesome power of Reason 4 to synthesize a new generation of drum and percussion sounds. With Synthetic Kits you gain access to fresh, infinitely configurable drum sounds, while learning advanced drum synthesis!
Synthetic Kits uses Thor, Malstrom and Subtractor to go beyond the tired, old x0x electronic drum sounds. Instead of retreading that synthesis ground, Synthetic Kits continues on to create kits based on FM synthesis, formants, granular and more! These kits will work extremely well in a variety of genres – EBM, trance, filmscore, ambient and even pop.
Synthetic Kits features
- 52 Kit Combinators comprised of at least 4 devices each.
- All Combinator/Thor Knobs and Buttons uniquely mapped.
- 240+ Thor/Mal/Sub device patches organized by type.
- The most detailed patch documentation in the industry – educating on sound design and enabling intelligent performance.
Synthetic Kits is available for download now for $49 USD. Nucleus SoundLab customers will receive a 10% discount on their order. A free demo ReFill can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information and demo mp3s.
Nucleus SoundLab has released version 1.5 of Viral Outbreak VSTi, a Wusik engine powered virtual instrument plug-in based on the sounds of the Virus TI hardware synthesizer.
Changes in Viral Outbreak VSTi v1.5
- GrooveBox step-sequencer component now added and integrated into VSTi. With this component you can sequence entire tracks inside Viral Outbreak!
- FX .dll added to package. This can be used to add Viral Outbreak as a VST effect to your tracks.
- 136 brand-new presets by Tasmodia and Jeremy Janzen. Most focus on complex GrooveBox sequences. Additionally, 44 of these presets have been added to the Favorites folder.
- HQ Selector for each layer. When selected, it will oversample 4 times the current layer. This option is saved per preset and also in the project/song.
- New Modulation-Matrix Destinations: All Envelopes Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release levels (All Amp and Mod Envelopes).
- Lots more, details here.
Viral Outbreak VSTi is available for Windows PC for $124.95 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information and audio demos.