Related: Akai Professional
Posted in news
on Nov 21, 2013
Numark has announced the availability of the NS7 II, a dramatically enhanced and updated version of the industry’s most advanced and best-selling 4-channel motorised DJ controller/mixer.
Numark has set a breathtaking pace for digital DJ’ing for more than 20 years, empowering DJs with cutting-edge technology to continually advance the art form to hitherto unparalleled heady heights. In 2007, Numark and Serato® unleashed the original NS7, a clever controller/mixer combo that brought a level of performance with digital media that had never before been achieved, accurately reproducing the look and feel of vinyl, beautifully blurring the boundaries between different DJ’ing eras so successfully that it made them almost indistinguishable. Since then, the powerful practice proffered by the NS7 has defined top-tier DJ performance, perfectly setting the bar by which all other controllers can be justifiably judged. Until now, that is!
Now Numark is pushing contemporary DJ performance capabilities even further forward with its all-new NS7 II, incorporating iconic technology from Akai Professional, music production technology trendsetter and creator of the MPC legendary lineup. The NS7 II’s 16 MPC® pads can be instantly assigned to control five dynamic performance features in Serato DJ — namely, CUES, AUTO/ROLL, LOOP, SAMPLER, and SLICER. Moreover, each pad features RGB illumination, allowing for an almost endless amount of colour variations via MIDI. Vinyl platter control has never felt more familiar courtesy of its high- and low-torque motorised platters with real slip mats and real vinyl sitting on 3,600 ticks of resolution!
NS7 II features
- 7-inch motorized turntables with ultra-high-resolution MIDI (3600 ticks per rotation).
- 4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in.
- 16 multi-color MPC® pads from Akai Professional.
- Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, EQ, and effects knobs.
- Genuine vinyl discs and real felt slipmats for unmatched tactile control.
- The most intuitive and seamless control for Serato DJ available.
- Connect and mix CD players, turntables, MP3 players, or any other external source.
- Mixer can operate standalone, with or without your computer.
- High- and low-torque turntable settings.
- Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls.
- Strip Search™ virtual needle-drop technology.
- Serato DJ software included.
- Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader.
- Dedicated iZotope® effects controls.
- Rugged all-metal construction.
The NS7 II costs 1,199 EUR / $1,499.95 USD / £999 GBP.
More information: Numark / NS7 II
Serato has released version 1.5 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ 1.5 is now available to download on serato.com.
This release supports a range of brand new hardware from industry leaders Pioneer and Rane, that work plug-and-play with Serato DJ, which now inherits our world class NoiseMap™ DVS technology.
As well as this, Serato DJ 1.5 also brings support for new controllers and existing Pioneer CDJ hardware.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.5
- Added Serato DJ Hardware Support
- Rane Sixty-Four
- Pioneer DJM-900SRT
- Pioneer DDJ-SR
- Numark NS7 II
- Added Serato DJ Accessory Support
- Pioneer DDJ-SP1
- Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus
- Pioneer CDJ-2000
- Novation Dicer
- New Software Features
- For Vinyl & CDJs
- Serato NoiseMap™ Digital Vinyl System Added.
- Absolute, Relative and Internal modes added.
- CD/Vinyl Mode Setup tab including Vinyl Control, Vinyl Start Offset and Needle Dropping Options.
- Calibration Scope Views for CD/Vinyl calibration.
- Deck Setup configuration area for Pioneer DJM-900SRT.
- Temp Cue functionality in DVS mode sets cue when platter is stopped and jumps to cue when playing.
- Emergency Internal Mode; When you reach the end of the record using either REL or ABS modes, Serato DJ automatically switches to INT mode.
- Safety Internal Mode; Control + Click the INT Mode button to switch to Safety Internal mode which will reset the tempo to zero, enable forward playback and disable sync.
- USB insert allows you to use the DJ-FX as post fader effects for the Rane Sixty-Four.
- For both Vinyl & CDJs and DJ Controllers
- Virtual deck headers have been standardized across Horizontal and Vertical display modes in both 2 Deck and 4 Deck modes.
- Introduced scrollable cue and loop containers.
- Sync Off and Snap to Beatgrid for Simple Sync options.
- Played Track Color blue/grey options.
- The cue point trigger button and cue point color button on the GUI have been merged. Control + Click the cue point trigger button to modify the cue point color. The cue point numbers have also been removed.
- Audio buffer size in DJ matches the value set in the ASIO control panel (for ASIO devices only).
- Bug Fixes
- Removed monitor (ch1/ch2) crossfader start on Numark NS7.
- Fixed touch strip on Numark NS7 so it can swipe to the first beat.
- Fixed fader start initialization problem on Numark NS7.
- Fixed initilization on Vestax VCI-380.
- Cleaned up vinyl button functions on Vestax VCI-400.
- Fix Twitch Channel/Master Level LED.
- Fixed stored loops lighting on Novation TWITCH.
- Fix Vestax VCI-300 LED’s so they show channel level with PFL is enabled.
- Other Changes
- Mapped Loop Shift L/R to Shift Switch on Numark Mixdeck.
- Added Loop Roll to the Numark NS6 & Numark NS7.
- Mapped Pitch Range on the Vestax VCI-400.
- Added Shift + Back button on the Numark MixDeck to do Library Navigation Forward.
Serato DJ is available to purchase for $129 USD. The version 1.5 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
Following the unveiling of all-new DJ innovations at Musikmesse 2013 in Germany—including the new Mixtrack Quad and Mixtrack Edge controllers—Numark has announced that Serato DJ is now compatible with the Numark NS7, NS7FX, Mixdeck and Mixdeck Express DJ controllers.
Serato DJ is already compatible with Mixtrack Pro and Mixtrack Pro II, and compatibility with the top-selling NS6 four-channel DJ controller was announced in February—a free upgrade for NS6 owners.
“We’re committed to giving DJs the best tools possible,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager. “That’s why we’ve worked so quickly and so closely with Serato to bring Serato DJ to more and more Numark controllers. The Numark-Serato combination is what DJs are asking for.”
Serato DJ includes a wide range of all-new features and capabilities, and the latest version—Serato DJ 1.2.0—also brings the addition of Multi FX Mode for all. Multi FX Mode is a powerful and easy-to-use effects mode that unlocks the next evolution of creative control.
Owners of the NS7, NS7FX and NS6 controllers can upgrade to Serato DJ for free at serato.com/dj/downloads.
The Numark Mixdeck, Mixdeck Express, Mixtrack Pro and Mixtrack Pro II controllers are eligible for a free 14-day fully functional trial version of Serato DJ and, for a limited time, can be upgraded completely to Serato DJ for $129 at serato.com/dj/buy.
Compatibility with the Numark N4 and Mixdeck Quad controllers is expected to be available this summer.
More information: Serato
Numark has announced that the Serato DJ software is now compatible with its NS6 controller.
“NS6 has the advantage of being developed in partnership with Serato and being designed for their software when it was originally conceived, so the integration with Serato DJ is top-notch,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager.
Serato DJ includes a wide range of all-new features and capabilities, including stunning new effects powered by iZotope®, ultra-flexible and intuitive MIDI mapping, the ability to set and trigger up to eight cue points, a totally refreshed user interface, four-deck mixing, and more. The live-performance-centric design of NS6 combined with the advanced feature set in Serato DJ software will give DJs a powerful and seamless experience with their music and their audience.
“Numark’s approach to DJ hardware perfectly complements Serato’s approach to DJ software,” said Sam Gribben, CEO of Serato. “Both companies take DJs seriously and are committed to giving them premium products—that’s why NS6 and NS7 have been such fantastic products.”
The partnership between Numark and Serato® extends back some six years and has resulted in an entire range of professional controllers that have eliminated the line between hardware and software—NS6 and NS7 II being the most recent to ascend to the top and offer groundbreaking performance capability along with bulletproof build quality.
NS6 owners can upgrade to Serato DJ for $129 USD. An upgrade to both Serato DJ and the Serato Video plugin (normally $149 USD) is also available for $199 USD. Serato DJ compatibility with other Numark controllers will be rolled out gradually this spring and will include N4, Mixdeck, Mixdeck Express, and Mixdeck Quad.
More information: Numark / NS6