Numark has announced the DJ2GO, the world’s first DJ micro-controller.
DJ2GO is a portable, affordable and highly capable DJ controller that allows DJs to control their favorite DJ software with a tactile feel that can’t be matched using a computer mouse and keyboard. DJ2GO weighs just 13 oz. but provides a layout familiar to DJs that includes two platters, a crossfader, pitch and level controls as well as Deck A, Deck B, Master and Headphone gain controls. In addition, users can load and assign tracks to either of the two included deck control sections without ever touching a mouse. Sync and headphone buttons allow the DJ to instantly sync two tracks and monitor either deck section.
- Ultra-portable USB DJ software control for instant gigs.
- Compatible with virtually any MIDI-capable DJ application.
- Mouseless navigation built in.
- Single USB cable provides easy integration with your PC or Mac.
- Familiar A/B deck and crossfader make using DJ2GO a snap.
- Includes integrated Virtual DJ LE Lite Software.
More information: Numark / DJ2GO
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2011
Numark has announced the NDX800 Controller, a professional software controller with Traktor LE and MP3/CD/USB playback.
NDX800 Controller is a high-performance controller for DJs who blend different kinds of music sources. Whether your music is on your computer, USB flash drives or CD, you can perform with it using NDX800. This digital deck has the feel and layout you’re used to, with a twist of Numark innovation.
NDX800 Controller features
- USB-MIDI DJ Controller with CD/MP3/USB player.
- Control software and play from CDs, MP3 CDs, or USB flash drives.
- Premapped for use with Virtual DJ, Traktor, and compatible with virtually all MIDI compatible DJ software..
- Player includes Beat-synced DSP effects with wet-dry fader: chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, phaser.
- Smooth, fast, reliable, slot-loading drive.
- Large, seven-inch, touch-sensitive illuminated platter with auto-calibration.
- Control MIDI software with no timecode needed via USB.
- Adjustable start and stop time for vinyl-like deck performance.
- Automatic BPM analyzer and Tap tempo for manual BPM entry.
- Adjust pitch ±6, 12, 25, and 100%, in half steps (semitones), or bend with pitch buttons.
- Key Lock holds pitch while you independently manipulate its BPM.
- Seamless looping, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues.
- Keep time moving forward while you cut or reverse the track using Bleep/Reverse.
- Single-track, continuous, shuffle, and programmable playback.
- Fader Start plays the cued track when you move the crossfader (requires compatible mixer).
- Large, backlit display for BPM, CD/MP3 text tags, and folder navigation.
- Outputs: stereo RCA, digital S/PDIF.
More information: Numark / NDX800 Controller
Numark has introduced the iM1, a professional 2-channel DJ mixer with dock for iPod.
Numark’s iM1 packs a wide variety of input types into a compact package. You can plug in turntables, CD players, line-level music sources and a microphone to the iM1, which also includes a dock for iPod that allows you to play from, or record to, an iPod. Set the levels with trim and line faders, and tailor the high and low frequencies with the rotary EQs on each channel. Cue up tracks using the mini-crossfader and headphone output, and then perform the mix through the master outputs with the smooth, replaceable crossfader. Quickly create professional-quality mix-tapes to pass off to clubs and fans by recording your DJ performances directly to an iPod within the built-in dock. M1 has all the features you need to get maximum performance out of minimum space.
- Two-channel compact-tabletop mixer with built-in iPod dock.
- Record DJ performances directly to iPod.
- Mix music from turntables, CD players, line-level audio and iPod.
- Rotary EQ and gain on each channel.
- Smooth, replaceable crossfader for mixing master output.
- Mini-crossfader for mixing headphone output.
- 2 RCA phono inputs, 2 RCA line inputs, 1/4″ microphone input.
- Master RCA stereo output, 1/4″ stereo headphone output.
More information: Numark / iM1
Numark has announced the iM9, a professional-grade DJ mixer with integrated effects and a dock for iPod.
Numark’s new four-channel iM9 DJ mixer is designed for creating vibrant, engaging DJ performances. With the iM9, DJs can mix vinyl, CDs, iPod, microphones or any line-level audio source. Integrated BeatKeeper™ technology automatically detects a song’s BPM, allowing for seamless crossfades from track to track. Sync Lock ensures that once the beat is locked in between two sources, it’s never lost.
DJs need complete control over how the music sounds and the iM9 mixer delivers that control, no matter the source. With the iM9, DJs can shape the music as needed thanks to dedicated three-band EQ controls for every channel or create on-the-fly remixes and stunning song transitions by engaging iM9′s high-quality, beat synced effects. This level of control is complimented by a pro-grade crossfader, knobs and LEDs.
- Four channel DJ mixer.
- Integrated dock for iPod for playback and recording of sets.
- Beatkeeper™ BPM detection to create precise mixes between songs.
- Beat-synced effects including: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Pan & more.
- Crossfader with channel assign switches.
- Dedicated XLR microphone input with Gain & EQ.
- Two phono line inputs for connecting turntables.
- Five RCA line inputs.
- Balanced XLR outputs.
- Master, Booth and Record RCA line outputs.
More information: Numark / iM9
Numark has announced the M101 and M101USB, two professional 2-channel DJ mixers.
M101 is a highly adaptable two-channel mixer for DJs. M101 lets mobile DJs get up and running quickly regardless of what gear they’ve brought to the gig. Whether for weddings, parties, clubs and everything in-between, the M101 is a perfect mixer for beginners and seasoned DJs alike who want a durable two-channel solution.
M101USB builds on the M101 with the addition of an easy-to-use USB audio interface for DJs who want the option of working with their computer as well as traditional analog I/O. Beyond simply mixing, both M101 and M101USB have built-in EQ so that DJs can fine tune their mix depending on the room or the tracks themselves.
Both mixers include two pairs of switchable phono/line inputs, a crossfader, ¼” mic input and stereo RCA line output for connection to an amplifier, powered speakers or another mixer. Both can be rack-mounted and feature Numark’s legendary industrial-grade durability.
More information: Numark / M101 / M101USB
Numark has announced Red Wave headphones designed by DJ for DJs.
Red Wave headphones were designed with the entire DJ experience in mind. Their superior sound, eye-catching looks and comfortable design make RED WAVE headphones the clear choice of professional DJs.
Red Wave features
- High-quality full-range headphones designed for DJs.
- Swivel design allowing DJs the flexibility to monitor house audio and cue audition.
- Breathable protein-leather padding that remains comfortable during extended use.
- Large 50 mm driver, neodynium magnet and voice coil for optimal frequency response.
- Balanced detachable headphone cable with ¹/8″ adapter for use with MP3 players.
- Professional build and modern design matched with superior sound.
- Includes case to protect and store headphones, cable and adaptor.
- 1/4-inch connector with 1/8-inch adaptor included for use with virtually any DJ gear.
More information: Numark / Red Wave
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011
Numark has introduced the NS6, a DJ controller for Serato ITCH which delivers massive control, mixing and I/O capabilities.
NS6 is a 4-channel Digital DJ controller with complete built in mixer and 4 decks of software control. This easy to use dual-platter system has been designed in collaboration with Serato to deliver powerful breakthrough performance to a broad range of DJs.
NS6 borrows from the popular designs of Numark’s award-winning NS7FX and V7 controllers and delivers substantial new features including the most responsive, high-resolution touch-activated platters ever produced in a DJ product. The wheels on NS6 deliver 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation; when combined with NS6’s automatically adjusted platter sensitivity the result is ultra-precise, high definition turntable control.
- Built-in 4 Channel DJ Mixer that works with or without the computer.
- Inputs for 4 line, 2 turntables, 2 microphones.
- Serato’s Itch 4 Deck DJ software included.
- Built-in professional 24-bit audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.
- Touch sensitive illuminated wheels with 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation.
- Strip Search with track position indicator.
- Channel assignable effects controls.
- Mouse-less library navigation with view options.
- Deck Controls include: Key Lock, Pitch Control, Manual and Instant Looping, Hot Cues and Beat grid.
- NS6’s uses standard MIDI protocols enabling DJs to use it with a variety of MIDI software.
Numark will showcase NS6 at the 2011 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, Booth #6400, January 13 – 16.
More information: Numark / NS6
Numark has introduced iDJ, a new app which allows you to create seamless, synchronized playlists using your iTunes music library on iPad.
iDJ allows anyone to make instant, continuous mixtapes of their favorite songs all blended together as one in perfect rhythm. As fun as it is powerful, iDJ’s elegant interface and patented technology will have you assembling customized soundtracks that ignite, accompany and enhance every occasion. Whether for workouts, road trips, dance parties or any other event, iDJ keeps your music moving and completely in time for an exciting new playlist experience.
iDJ’s music management system is both simple and streamlined letting you quickly build playlists using any song within your iTunes music library. More than just a lightning-fast method of building mobile mixtapes, however, iDJ’s patented BPM (beats per minute) detection technology makes your music meld together as one. As you add songs, iDJ analyzes their sonic-waveforms, calculates tempos and then automatically performs optimal transitions throughout the playlist. In the DJ world, it’s called “beat-matching”; the art of sequencing multiple songs in succession at the same speed as if one continual song. The end result being a playlist that flows from start to finish as a cohesive track.
- Create seamless, synchronized playlists of your iTunes music library on iPad.
- Automatically detects songs’ tempo and performs crossfades in perfect time.
- Mix up to four songs at once for a completely new playlist experience.
- Playlists can contain an unlimited number of songs.
- Playlists can support audio WAV, MP3 and AAC files.
- Easily manage your iDJ music using Itunes 9.2 (or later) on Mac or PC.
iDJ for iPad is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $9.99 USD.
More information: Numark / iDJ