Avid has released version 2.0.2 of Torq, the DJ performance software for Windows and Mac.
Torq® 2.0 DJ software takes you beyond beat matching and into the future of DJ performance and real-time production. Don’t just spin tracks—reinvent them. Take advantage of all four decks to create unique, complex, and dynamic mixes.
Changes in Torq v2.0.2
- Support for the Numark NS6, MixTrack, and MixTrack Pro controllers.
- Compatibility with OGG and FLAC audio formats.
- Mapping fix to enable use and create mappings for multiple instances of single deck controllers. (i.e. Kontrol X1).
- Fixes in handling fields in database.
- “Scanning VST” window on popup now disabled by setting both VST directories to “No”.
- On/Off buttons now trigger on press and disengage upon release, to correctly emulate hardware characteristics.
- Many more performance enhancements and fixes. Details in the changelog (PDF).
Torq is available to purchase for $249.99 USD.
More information: Avid / Torq
Numark has announced the availability of Traktor LE software for users who bought their NDX800 at an authorized Numark dealer.
Starting in 2011, production of the NDX800 will feature Traktor LE in the box as part of the newly announced NDX800 Controller package (announced January 2011).
During the transition to the NDX800 Controller package Numark is extending a complimentary download of Traktor LE to any customer who purchased an NDX800 from an authorized Numark dealer.
Customers can obtain their complementary license of Traktor LE by registering their purchase using the form below.
This promotion is available world wide for any units purchased from an authorized Numark dealer prior to the addition of Traktor LE in the box. There is a limit of one complimentary license per customer.
More information: Numark / Traktor LE
Numark has introduced the iDJ Live, a DJ software controller for iPad, iPhone or iPod.
iDJ Live is the easiest way to become a DJ with your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad. This iOS-DJ controller is perfect for anyone from Pro DJs to music lovers who have never tried DJing before. The iDJ Live system harnesses the processing power of your iPad, iPod or iPhone and enables you to DJ parties, events and even clubs using the music that is already on your iPod via Algorithm Djay or other Core MIDI-enabled apps.
iDJ Live features
- DJ parties of all sizes with your compatible iPad, iPod, or iPhone.
- Perfect for beginners and seasoned pros alike.
- Large scratch wheels for natural scratch feel.
- Crossfader enables you to mix between songs.
- Headphone/Speaker split cable included to allow you to seperate cue and play performance audio.
- iPad stand included.
- Plug-and-play works with iOS Core MIDI DJ software.
- Polish your mix with Bass and Treble controls.
- Browse your iPod music library quickly and easily in your chosen DJ software.
More information: Numark / iDJ Live
Numark has announced the DJ2GO, the world’s first DJ micro-controller.
DJ2GO is a portable, affordable and highly capable DJ controller that allows DJs to control their favorite DJ software with a tactile feel that can’t be matched using a computer mouse and keyboard. DJ2GO weighs just 13 oz. but provides a layout familiar to DJs that includes two platters, a crossfader, pitch and level controls as well as Deck A, Deck B, Master and Headphone gain controls. In addition, users can load and assign tracks to either of the two included deck control sections without ever touching a mouse. Sync and headphone buttons allow the DJ to instantly sync two tracks and monitor either deck section.
- Ultra-portable USB DJ software control for instant gigs.
- Compatible with virtually any MIDI-capable DJ application.
- Mouseless navigation built in.
- Single USB cable provides easy integration with your PC or Mac.
- Familiar A/B deck and crossfader make using DJ2GO a snap.
- Includes integrated Virtual DJ LE Lite Software.
More information: Numark / DJ2GO
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2011 - 0 comments
Numark has announced the NDX800 Controller, a professional software controller with Traktor LE and MP3/CD/USB playback.
NDX800 Controller is a high-performance controller for DJs who blend different kinds of music sources. Whether your music is on your computer, USB flash drives or CD, you can perform with it using NDX800. This digital deck has the feel and layout you’re used to, with a twist of Numark innovation.
NDX800 Controller features
- USB-MIDI DJ Controller with CD/MP3/USB player.
- Control software and play from CDs, MP3 CDs, or USB flash drives.
- Premapped for use with Virtual DJ, Traktor, and compatible with virtually all MIDI compatible DJ software..
- Player includes Beat-synced DSP effects with wet-dry fader: chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, phaser.
- Smooth, fast, reliable, slot-loading drive.
- Large, seven-inch, touch-sensitive illuminated platter with auto-calibration.
- Control MIDI software with no timecode needed via USB.
- Adjustable start and stop time for vinyl-like deck performance.
- Automatic BPM analyzer and Tap tempo for manual BPM entry.
- Adjust pitch ±6, 12, 25, and 100%, in half steps (semitones), or bend with pitch buttons.
- Key Lock holds pitch while you independently manipulate its BPM.
- Seamless looping, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues.
- Keep time moving forward while you cut or reverse the track using Bleep/Reverse.
- Single-track, continuous, shuffle, and programmable playback.
- Fader Start plays the cued track when you move the crossfader (requires compatible mixer).
- Large, backlit display for BPM, CD/MP3 text tags, and folder navigation.
- Outputs: stereo RCA, digital S/PDIF.
More information: Numark / NDX800 Controller
Numark has introduced the iM1, a professional 2-channel DJ mixer with dock for iPod.
Numark’s iM1 packs a wide variety of input types into a compact package. You can plug in turntables, CD players, line-level music sources and a microphone to the iM1, which also includes a dock for iPod that allows you to play from, or record to, an iPod. Set the levels with trim and line faders, and tailor the high and low frequencies with the rotary EQs on each channel. Cue up tracks using the mini-crossfader and headphone output, and then perform the mix through the master outputs with the smooth, replaceable crossfader. Quickly create professional-quality mix-tapes to pass off to clubs and fans by recording your DJ performances directly to an iPod within the built-in dock. M1 has all the features you need to get maximum performance out of minimum space.
- Two-channel compact-tabletop mixer with built-in iPod dock.
- Record DJ performances directly to iPod.
- Mix music from turntables, CD players, line-level audio and iPod.
- Rotary EQ and gain on each channel.
- Smooth, replaceable crossfader for mixing master output.
- Mini-crossfader for mixing headphone output.
- 2 RCA phono inputs, 2 RCA line inputs, 1/4″ microphone input.
- Master RCA stereo output, 1/4″ stereo headphone output.
More information: Numark / iM1
Numark has announced the iM9, a professional-grade DJ mixer with integrated effects and a dock for iPod.
Numark’s new four-channel iM9 DJ mixer is designed for creating vibrant, engaging DJ performances. With the iM9, DJs can mix vinyl, CDs, iPod, microphones or any line-level audio source. Integrated BeatKeeper™ technology automatically detects a song’s BPM, allowing for seamless crossfades from track to track. Sync Lock ensures that once the beat is locked in between two sources, it’s never lost.
DJs need complete control over how the music sounds and the iM9 mixer delivers that control, no matter the source. With the iM9, DJs can shape the music as needed thanks to dedicated three-band EQ controls for every channel or create on-the-fly remixes and stunning song transitions by engaging iM9′s high-quality, beat synced effects. This level of control is complimented by a pro-grade crossfader, knobs and LEDs.
- Four channel DJ mixer.
- Integrated dock for iPod for playback and recording of sets.
- Beatkeeper™ BPM detection to create precise mixes between songs.
- Beat-synced effects including: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Pan & more.
- Crossfader with channel assign switches.
- Dedicated XLR microphone input with Gain & EQ.
- Two phono line inputs for connecting turntables.
- Five RCA line inputs.
- Balanced XLR outputs.
- Master, Booth and Record RCA line outputs.
More information: Numark / iM9