NUSofting has released version 2.0 of DK+ Virtual Drums, a drum sequencer plug-in for Windows.
DK+ offers 24 fully programmable drum pads, 6 output busses (3 stereo + 3 mono), an audio compressor/limiter for each stereo bus, a powerful step sequencer and many more features.
Changes in DK+ v2.0
- Seq : 32 steps visible for each seq page.
- Seq : extended toolbar for Track Functions.
- Seq : easier track selection.
- Pad : enhanced dynamic envelope.
- Pad : smooth attack with variable time.
- Pad : filter saturation.
- Pad: FX send with new Reverb algorithm.
- Large and easy to use tabbed GUI.
- Kit and Style browser, with Save, Delete and Rename functions.
- Updated kit library, with 48 kits from vintage drum machines to ethnic percussions.
- 64-bit VSTi version.
DK+ 2.0 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $86 USD. The update from version 1.5 is $21 USD.
More information: NUSofting / DK+ 2.0
Findremix has announced the Kuffdam – “We Gotta Go (Again)” Remix Contest in collaboration with Hyline Music.
‘We Gotta Go (Again)’ is Kuffdam’s new collaboration with vocalist Grant Paterson and it’s one of the standout tracks from his new ‘City Lights’ album that is sure to be supported by the top trance DJs in the industry.
Download the free ‘We Gotta Go (Again)’ stems and get started on remixing this big room trance monster in your own unique style.
Closing date for submissions is October 23rd 23:59:59 GMT+1 (Central European Time).
Winners will get released on Hyline Music plus prizes by NUSofting, Sknote and Tek’it Audio.
More information: Findremix
NUSofting has announced Entity, a new semi-modular software synthesizer, designed and produced in collaboration with Sonic Timeworks’ DSP master.
Entity is a semi-modular architecture, offering a selection of modules you can assemble in various ways to create a wide variety of configurations. With Entity you can combine traditional subtractive synthesis with physical modelling generators.
A huge palette of oscillators is available, and there are 3 X 14 possible filter selections. The matrix gives you masterful control over shaping your sound, letting you connect modulation sources to destinations quickly and easily. To give your audio creations a final shine, you also get a flexible, great-sounding effects section.
Entity for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for an introductory price of $48 USD.
Customers who buy this first release will receive a free update to the full product package in a few months. The update will add more presets, an extensive manual (PDF), and a few aesthetic and functional enhancements, like a new skin (GUI) and more features.
More information: NUSofting
NUSofting has announced the release of a public beta 2.0 of Modelonia, a virtual instrument plugin.
Modelonia is a powerful “physical modeling” synth which uses a hybrid of two distinct model ‘types’ – a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (ie trumpet-type) model. Each model may be used simultaneously, and the signal path allows cross-modulation between the two models for more interesting and complex tones.
Please note that for many presets the modules named “String” and “Horn” don’t always sound like strings or horns, since the resonators can be used interactively, therefore you can simply think of them as resonator 1 and resonator 2, abstractly. The same goes for the “exciter” modules named “Pick”, “Noise” and “Lips”, you can call them exciter 1, exciter 2 and exciter 3, “Pick” is an impulse generator, “Noise” generates filtered noise, “Lips” generates a continuos tone which is modulated by the “Horn” resonator.
The free beta includes 46 presets, and it features many enhancements and changes compared to the previous release, Modelonia 1.7 – 1.8
Modelonia 2.0 Public Beta for is available as a free download (currently Windows VSTi only, Mac AU beta may come later). It expires September, 2011.
More information: NUSofting
NUSofting has released version 1.40 of EMM Knagalis, an ethnic instrument sampler for Windows and Mac.
Standard ROM players often give you a few substandard “ethnic” samples as an afterthought. EMM Knagalis goes much further, taking you to the four corners of the globe. The smart architecture and the unlimited ethnic scale modes of this VST synthesizer will open you the door to the amazing sound of ethnic instruments.
Changes in EMM Knagalis v1.40
- AU and VST for Mac OS X now available.
- Vibrato: in the same Pitch Envelope set of knobs, you can now switch smoothly and in realtime to vibrato mode, where the “offSet” knob will adjust vibrato depth and the Time knob will adjust vibrato rate. Vibrato depth is channel pressure (aftertouch) sensitive, while Pitch Envelope is Velocity sensitive. And thanks to the MIDI learn feature any parameters can be linked to a MIDI CC.
- A switch to use the two comb filters of the Flanger for acoustic filtering.
- Nine new instruments, with custom presets ready to play: Northern Bagpipe, Tinwhistle, Medieval Bagpipe, Hurdy Gurdy and Hurdy Gurdy Trompette (the buzzing rhythm sound), Great Highland Pipes,
Deep Wooden Flute, the ancient Aulos (an historical double reed instrument), Spanish Gaita. This is just a small excerpt from Felyon’s private Ethnic and Historical Samples Collection for Knagalis.
EMM Knagalis is now available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU) for 35 USD for a limited time.
More information: NUSofting / EMM Knagalis
NUSofting has announced new pricing and delivery options for Modelonia, a virtual synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Modelonia is a novel physical-modelling synthesizer which uses a hybrid of two distinct model ‘types’- a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (ie trumpet-type) model.
Each model may be used simultaneously, and the signal path allows cross-modulation between the two models for more interesting and complex tones.
Modelonia is now available to purchase separately as an instant download for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $45 USD per license. A bundle of both licenses for PC and Mac is still available for $75 USD.
More information: NUSofting
NUSofting has released version 1.2 of Strings Dream, a virtual string machine synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Strings Dream is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analog pads from the most famous string machines in synthesizer history. Emulate the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
Changes in Strings Dream v1.2
- New “saturable” Phaser and Reverb. This means that you can overdrive the FXs by setting the voices volume very high (for that reason the default bank has been updated, simply lowered the main volume in each preset).
- Amount of presets is currently 45.
- Fixed: extra unwanted noises removed.
Strings Dream is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $45 USD / 32 EUR.
The 1.2 update is currently available for Windows, a Mac version will follow in a few days.
More information: NUSofting / Strings Dream