NUSofting has announced a Mac beta version of EMM Knagalis, an ethnic melodic virtual instrument plug-in.
EMM Knagalis is a specialized and multi featured VSTi sample player, modeled around the structural elements of Sitar, the famous Indian lute . But its sound set also includes many other ethnic stringed instruments, as well as percussive and melodic instruments from the world stage. Instruments like Turkish Lute, Mbira (thumb piano), Santur, Shamishen .
There is even a bagpipe, a wind instrument, an instrument for which EMM Knagalis is ideal, with its legato playing style and drone accompaniment. EMM Knagalis brings these instruments to life.
More information on the Mac beta version (VST/AU) can be found here.
NUSofting has also updated the Mac version of Strings Dream Synthesizer, a virtual string machine instrument.
Changes in Strings Dream Synthesizer (Mac version)
- Fixed rare noise burst with Mac VST.
- Added audio input to the instrument.
More information: NUSofting / Knagalis
NUSofting has announced the release of a ModPack Utility for Broken Drum Machine, a virtual circuit bent drum synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
The BDM Installation Tool is a new application to speed up swapping of Modpaks in BDM plugin, currently on on Windows but the Mac program should be ready next week.
Two default (updated) ModPacks are shipped with the BDM installer:
A new ModPack for BDM is now available as well; Ethronome, a pack featuring tabla samples, and MIDI patterns and presets by KVR member blortblort.
The “BDM Installation Tool” is free software GPL licensed, C++ sources available.
More information: NUSofting / ModPack Utility
NUSofting has released Mac OS X AU and VST versions of Strings Dream Synthesizer, a string machine instrument plug-in, previously released for Windows.
Strings Dream is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analog pads from the most famous string machines in synthesizer history. Emulate the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
String Dream does not use samples. Instead the “octave divider” circuitry typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion.
Strings Dream Synthesizer for PC and Mac is now available for the reduced price of $45 USD.
NUSofting has also released an AU demo version of Prima Delay, a multi-tap delay effect.
Furthermore, two new bundles are now available at the nusofting.com shop:
- Strings Dream + Combo Sister = $75 USD
- Mega Bundle: 12 Products! = $280 USD (until 20 January, 2010)
More information: NUSofting
NUSofting has released an updated version of Modelonia Player, a freeware plugin which loads the Modelonia presets and allows the user to tweak them with few but powerful controls.
Modelonia is a novel physical-modelling synthesizer which uses a hybrid of two distinct model ‘types’- a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (ie trumpet-type) model. Each model may be used simultaneously, and the signal path allows cross-modulation between the two models for more interesting and complex tones.
Changes in Modelonia Player
- Universal Binary for Mac OS X available , both AU and VST.
- New GUI design (still skinnable).
- Download link will be sent only to the subscribers of NUSofting Newsletter.
- The monthly NUSofting Newsletter will include new presets for the Modelonia Player NUSofting.
Modelonia Player is available as freeware for Windows and Mac for NUSofting Newsletter subscribers.
More information: NUSofting
Luigi of NUSofting has released Hang Drum Hits Dm v1.0, a free physical modeling emulation of the Hang Drum.
This Ableton Live 7+ Device is optimized for iterative loop playing, that means that it variates automatically attack and tones of the hits.
Mostly to be played with the Dm scales. Feedback from you is very welcome.
The Live set includes 4 example MIDI clips. Play them for many cycles and listen to the variations.
audio demo, dry recording
You can download it here.
NUSofting has released Strings Dream Synthesizer, a virtual string machine, able to reproduce an infinite array of rich analog pads.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analogue pads from the most famous strings machines in synthesizer history – emulating the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
Strings Dream Synthesizer does not use samples. Instead the “octave divider” circuitry typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion.
The fundamental “Ensemble” effect (like the vintage Solina chorus) accurately follows the architecture of its hardware counterpart, including the BBD chip behaviour for truly rich modulation. However, it has been extended for a wider range of “chorus” effects.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is easy to use. Its layout and features take their cue from and expand upon the familiar Solina design, with only the necessary controls to achieve the textures of the other strings machines.
Strings Dream Synthesizer features
- True analogue sound, VA “Octave Divider” emulation, (no samples used)
- 43 voices full polyphony, plus mono legato on bass section.
- Vintage audio effects on board.
- MIDI learn on every knob.
- 3 skins included
- A full ADSR envelope generator and Waveform selection (for several strings and organs sounds).
- Volume fader and switch for each of 6 stops (C.Bass, Cello, Brass, Horn, Viola and Violin). The fader for each stop allows an almost infinite number of mixtures.
- A powerful parameter to tune the relative phase of Violin wave against the other voices.
- Brightness and highpass filters are also adjustable.
- More performance flexibility with MIDI velocity and polyphonic mode selectable.
- Note also that the C.Bass and Cello are monophonic with full legato mode and you can select one of eight keyboard split points, allowing you to layer the mono voices with the others.
- Chorus “Ensemble” effect with “Bucket-brigade device” tone.
- Four-stage Phaser for those famous “Jarre pads” and other Tangerine Dream sounds.
- Exclusive reverb with the ability to morph on request to that “trembling” sound of the vintage spring reverb units.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is currently available as a VST instrument for Windows PC, for the introductory price of $59 USD (regular price $79 USD). AU and VST for Mac OS X will be released shortly.
Visit NUSofting for more information and audio demos.
NUSofting has released the Modelonia Player, a freeware plug-in which loads Modelonia presets and allows the user to tweak them with few, but powerful controls.
Modelonia is a novel physical-modelling synthesizer which uses a hybrid of two distinct model ‘types’ – a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (ie trumpet-type) model.
Modelonia Player features
- Mix & Morph faders:
- Fader 1 : blends the output of the two main resonators of the Modelonia engine.
- Fader 2 : balances the cross-modulation between the resonators.
- LFO 1 and LFO 2 rate controls.
- Master Volume.
- Master Pitch.
- Octave transpose switch (one down ).
- Max Polyphony.
- MIDI learn on knobs.
- 32 free and carefully selected sound presets.
Modelonia Player is available as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows (Mac following soon).
It comes with 32 carefully selected sound presets, and more presets or the full Modelonia synthesizer plug-in can be purchased at NUSofting Shop page.
Visit NUSofting for more information and mp3 demos.