Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
More posts that match this tag
Odo Synths has released Dream 64, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows. Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music Its inspired on the … read more
Odo Synths has launched a first beta version of its Dream Drums synthesizer instrument for Windows. NEXT update will have a noise synth distortion for all the synths Multi outs Midilearn The beta is available … read more
Odo Synths has released version 4.0 of 38911 Bytes, a free virtual synthesizer plug-in for Windows. 38911 Bytes is a one oscillator synth. It`s a synthesizer based on Commodore 64 software but it can do … read more
Odo Synths has announced that all its plug-ins are now available as freeware. Developer Marc writes: Every plug is freeware now and maybe i’ll stop making plugs sorry Odo Synths instruments include: LiveTweaker – 2 … read more
Odo Synths has released Double Six XXL, a 6-operator FM synth VST instrument for Windows PC. Double Six XXL features 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms. Multi-stage envelope and clipper, … read more
Odo Synths has released version 3.0 of 38911 Bytes, a one oscillator synthesizer VST plug-in for Windows PC. It’s a synthesizer based on Commodore 64 software but it can do a lot more 38911 Bytes … read more
Odo Synths has released version 2.0 of 38911 Bytes, a free synthesizer plug-in based on Commodore 64 software. Changes in 38911 Bytes v2.0 16-steps in the step-sequencers (instead of 8). Improved filters (They are now … read more
Odo Synths has released Odd Odo Delay 2, a new version of the free dual-channel BPM syncable delay with resonant filter for Windows PC. Odd Odo Delay 2 features BPM delays: 1 to 1/16. BPM … read more
Odo Synths has released Double Six v2.0, an FM synth VST instrument for Windows PC. Double Six v2.0 is a 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms. New in Double Six … read more
Odo Synths has announced that all of Odo’s plug-ins are now freeware. Plug-ins previously available as donationware 38911 Bytes, a C64 (Commodore 64) based synth. Double Six, a 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms … read more
Odo Synths has released Odd Odo Delay, a freeware delay effect plug-in for Windows PC. Odd Odo Delay features Separate left & right delay. Depth, feedback, mix and rate controls for each channel. Filter for … read more
Odo Synths has released 38911 Bytes, a C64 (Commodore 64) based synth plug-in for Windows PC. 38911 Bytes features: 1 OSC with 4 difftent waveforms Saw, Triangle, Pulse and Pitched noise. 3 BPM sequencers with … read more
Odo has released Double Six, a 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms. Double Six features 6-operator FM synth with 32 DX7 algorithms and 16 4-operator algorithms Every operator has its … read more
Odo Synths has released Six, a simple FM synth VSTi plugin. Six features All the routings from the dx7 synthesizer and also some routings from different fm synths 8 stage envelopes Random option for easy … read more
Odo Synths has released Noisie, a freeware synth created with SynthEdit. Features 3 Oscs including pulsewidth, shape, clip and 5 waveforms Modulation Osc with ADSRLT controls, 5 waveforms and 13 curves Modulation matrix with PM, … read more
Odo Synths has updated Unknown 64 Pro to version 1.1. New in v1.1 Additional sample rates: 8000 and 4000 LFO’s to trigger pulsewidth, filter and pitch envelopes Hi Boost added Polyphony from 2 to 3 … read more
Odo Synths has released B-Station 2, a freeware bass VSTi plug-in. 3 oscillators, with fine tune/octave/pw/volume and 5 different waveforms per osc mod oscillator for Pulse width and for phase modulation 4 filters types: lowpass/bandpass/hipass/4 … read more
Odo has released the final version of Unknown 64 Pro (beta info here). Features One oscillator synth with 4 waveforms (triangle/pulse/saw/noise) Filter envelope with 3 filter types LP/HP/BP Pitch, pulsewitdh and volume envelopes (each Envelope … read more
Odo has released a beta of Unknown 64 Pro, a free synth designed to recreate Commodore 64 sounds. Unknown 64 Pro is simular to the previously released Unknown64 (check Odo’s website for features). New in … read more