Odo Synths has released B-Station 2, a freeware bass VSTi plug-in.
- 3 oscillators, with fine tune/octave/pw/volume and 5 different waveforms per osc
- mod oscillator for Pulse width and for phase modulation
- 4 filters types: lowpass/bandpass/hipass/4 pole
- filter has envelope ADSRLT 12 curves and a BPM LFO
- modulation Envelope for the pitch and Pulse width
- simple Vibrato
- low and hi boost
- velocity filter and volume on/off
- glide/retigger and a master volume
- 32 preset by Odo + extra bank by sinkmusic
Visit Odo Synths for more information and a link to download B-Station 2.
Odo has released the final version of Unknown 64 Pro (beta info here).
- One oscillator synth with 4 waveforms (triangle/pulse/saw/noise)
- Filter envelope with 3 filter types LP/HP/BP
- Pitch, pulsewitdh and volume envelopes (each Envelope can be inverted and has 13 different curves)
- Ringmodulation Osc or a ringmodulation BPM LFO
- BPM LFO for pulsewidth/cutoff/oscillator pitch
- 3 big sequencers for creating the real c64 arps and percussion (one for the octave and notes, one only for octaves and one for the waveforms)
- BPM sync on all sequencers with speeds from 1/16 to 1/128
- Vibrato/bitcrusher/panner effects
- Envelope restart/pickup
- 128 presets
Odo decided to make the final version donationware. The full version unlocks the controls on Unknown 64 Pro so if you like the way this synth sounds and you want to make your own presets, head on over to Odo’s website and donate some cash!
Odo has released a beta of Unknown 64 Pro, a free synth designed to recreate Commodore 64 sounds.
Unknown 64 Pro is simular to the previously released Unknown64 (check Odo’s website for features).
New in Unknown 64 Pro (compared to Unknown64)
- Changed sound and pitched noise
- Improved CPU
- New sequencer
- Polyphonic (up to 3 sounds)
- New envelope (choice between restart and pickup)
- MIDI learn
- Changed ringmod (control by Osc or LFO)
- Bit crusher
- 128 presets
Unknown 64 Pro is still in beta and can be downloaded here.
Odo has released B-Station 2, a freeware VSTi suitable for bass sounds. It is a remake of B-Station, which is no longer available since Odo lost it.
- 3 Oscillators with 5 waveforms and individual pulse width per osc.
- Detune and octave controls
- 4 filter effects (Band, 4Pole, Lo, Hi)
- Crusher and Vibrato effects
- Mod Osc and Envelope
- Retrigger On/Off
- Glide and pitch up or down
- MIDI learn
This little synth isn’t featured on Odo’s website yet, so download it here.
Odo Synths has released DrSid (beta), a freeware VSTi drumsampler that resembles a C64 program and features SID sounds.
- about 320 sounds recorded from C64 SID files
- GUI resembles C64 program (the border of the C64 CUI is a kind of VU meter)
- 3 animations controlled by a sine osc (speed and the range of the animation)
- 2 bars and the logo
DrSid only has a few controls, to select waveforms and set decay, pitch and volume per sample, so it’s dead easy to program.
If the “demo scene” type animation is getting on your nerves you can make it stop by changing the values just above the Odo logo.
It’s not on Odo’s website yet so download it here.
Odo & Sink have released Livetweaker, a VSTi combining a 12 slots drumsampler, one drumsynth and a monophonic synth. It also features a reverb unit.
Livetweaker has various randomize controls (lovely!) so you can reach subtles variations on a snare’s pitch, a cymbal’s decay, or simulate the osc pitch instability of an old analogue synth, but you can also turn your pattern into something totally different after each repetition.
It comes with 2 skins and a huge library of 1200 samples (more than 400 have been recorded by Sink from vintage hardware drumachines and synths through tube comp, spring reverb, lofi samplers and filterbanks. Odo has also recorded more than 100 sounds from the C64).
Livetweaker has tons of controls and features, which you can read about in the comprehensive manual (PDF) bundled with the synth. It also has some information on how to install Livetweaker, a list of known issues and a MIDI CC map.
Livetweaker is released as donationware, which means you can use it without restrictions, but if you like it and use it frequently, you should consider to support Odo and Sink with a donation.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and a link to download Livetweaker.
Odo has released Myfx AFM and updated Myfx C64it.
Myfx AFM is a stereo fx plugin with AM and FM modulation, including a filter and channel crosser.
- Depth and Rate controls for AM, FM and channel cross
- Hi-pass filter with Cut-off and Resonance
- Controls can be set individually for Left and Right
Myfx C64it received an updated skin and has controls for Pregain, Crush, Level, LFO Speed and Depth. It produces a bitcrusher type effect.
Visit Odo Synths for more information and links to download Myfx AFM and C64it.
Odo Synths has released c64it, a small effect plug-in that can be used to transform audio to sound like the C64.
The c64it plug-in features a simple interface with 3 knobs: Pregain, Crush and Level. The Pregain is useful when the plug-in is fed a low volume audio input. The Crush control sets the amount of bit crush and level controls the output volume.
There’s no information on Odo’s website yet so get the latest version of c64it here.