Ohm Force has announced version 1.0 of its Ohm Studio real-time collaborative digital audio workstation software for Windows and Mac.
Ohm Studio is the only pro-grade DAW that allows for online cloud-based collaboration – a technical challenge that explains why it took so long and why Ohm Studio is the only DAW to offer online collaboration to date.
As opposed to other DAWs that culturally promote the idea that one guy can do it all, Ohm Force understands that the music most people listen to is very rarely made by one person alone. In this age of the Internet, having access to a world of talented people to do instrument recording, arranging, producing will be brought back to the core experience of computer music making.
Collaborative features as well as a UI with a gentle learning curve and pro-grade audio performance complete the approach that sums up Ohm Studio.
Ohm Studio is both a software and a service. You can go for free offers for both, or buy both, or any combination of the two.
Ohm Studio pricing
- Ohm Studio (free) includes a basic production suite, free partner plugins (Hybrit amp sim from Lepou and Voxengo’s Old Skool Verb), exclusive UVI-made Ohm Studio multi-instrument (with 1.5 Gb of sounds), Frohmage filter and all of the Ohm Studio features with two exceptions: recording is limited to 16 bits and export to high quality compressed audio.
- Ohm Studio Pro (€39 euro zone, ~$42 everywhere else) includes all of this, gets rid of the two limitations and also includes industry standards OhmBoyz delay and Minimonsta synth.
- Ohm Studio Pro XXL (€99 euro zone, ~$107 everywhere else) includes everything from the pro version plus Ohmicide distortion, Quad Frohmage filterbank, Predatohm distortion, Hematohm frequency shifter, Ohmygod! comb filter, Mobilohm phaser and Oddity synth.
- On the service side users can choose to pay a monthly fee to take advantage of a comfortable project- and asset storage space, or stay with the 10 free projects. Creating, joining, or being a member of a given project will all use 1 project credit.
More information: Ohm Studio
Ohm Force has announced that it will release Ohm Studio, the real-time collaborative digital audio workstation currently in public beta, on October 15th, 2013.
It is always an arbitrary decision when a beta turns into a release. While some decisive updates (like a much asked for offline mode) are on their way to Ohm Studio, Ohm Force has observed that its DAW is undoubtedly able to deliver its promise: collaborative musical joy. With 30K users, 80K projects, and 58 collaborative events made during beta testing, there is no more time to postpone the inevitable: taking the big leap and telling the world “here is Ohm Studio”.
The release will happen on October 15th, along with substantial updates to www.ohmstudio.com and the Ohm Studio app. There will also be a full product presentation including pricing, current and future features as well as special collab events. Expect to see a giant sheep eating a castle too.
Of course, there will be no project or account reset. Preorder buyers will be able to go on as usual. Others (or newcomers) while keeping their accounts with associated projects will become free subscribers. They will have a limit of 10 projects and won’t be able to export lossless audio. If they have more than that at the time of release, all projects will be locked until they subscribe or leave enough projects. Note that leaving a project doesn’t imply cancelling your copyrights on the track, only your access to it. Alternatively they will be able to do local backups when offline mode is implemented.
Finally, note that this is the last chance to purchase a lifetime subscription. The lifetime subscription will end along with beta on October 15th. At 224€ (~$250 outside of eurozone) this offer includes the largest Ohm Studio content pack along with permanent subscription to the Ohm cloud (more details here).
More information: Ohm Studio
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time sale on Ohm Force effect & instrument plug-ins and bundles for Windows and Mac.
EXCLUSIVE 40% off Sale on all Ohm Force (Official)’s software now available for one week only at Plugin Boutique!
Ohm Force is an audio software company based in Paris (France). Since 2001 they’ve been delivering cutting edge audio tools (plug-ins) for talented musicians/producers around the world, each plug-in having been acclaimed by the music production scene and awarded by the specialized press.
During the last decade Ohm Force has been able to establish a rock solid reputation as a maker of creative tools, being supported by a bunch of top artists. Hundreds of pro-studios and thousands of bedroom producers cannot be wrong: Ohm Force’s plug-ins will be killer tool in your sonic arsenal.
The sale ends September 19th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Ohm Force
Ohm Force has launched its Summer Sale, offering up to 66% off its plugins and bundles.
You’ve been waiting for it: here’s our summer sales! Massive discount for everybody! It starts today July 5 and lasts until July 14, with special flash sales every 2 days.
Ohm Force Summer Sale
- 33% discount any plug-in, use coupon code OHM-THIRD. It amounts to 60% off the ALL-ALL bundle.
- 50% discount on upgrade to bundles for registered users, use coupon code OHM-HALF.
- 66% discount a particular Ohm Force plugin, every 48 hours another plug-in will be available.
The sale ends July 14th, 2013.
More information: Ohm Force
Ohm Force has announced The Big Hit, its 50th Ohm Studio Collab Weekend, scheduled for June 28th, 2013.
This is a special event with no rule other than what every musician or so is aiming at when writing a song: The Big Hit.
Newcomers are required to download and install Ohm Studio beta (free of charge), create an account and log in preferably Friday between 8:00 PM and 2:00 AM (GMT).
Red_Force and Jamie will be there waiting for people. The projects will remain open during the week-end as usual through Ohm Studio’s public tab.
More information: Ohm Studio / The Big Hit