OneLeaf Software has released version 0.8.6 of GenMce – Redux, a Generic Mackie Control Emulator for Windows.
It translates your (hardware) midi controller, into an approximation of the mixer section of a Mackie Control Universal. (mcu)
It is designed to allow you to use your midi controller to it’s maximum potential in your audio, and possibly video creative projects without having to reprogram your controller.
GenMce – Redux, MIDI translator for Windows
GenMce – Redux features
- It works in banks of 8 tracks – as many as you have.
- For each track you get
- plugin / EQ / returns (depends on host/daw)
- mute/solo/arm/ (multifunction mutes – see manual)
- Channel select and vpot select
- fader plus a jog wheel as well as some specific daw commands like punch in/out – bank up and down.
- LCD display emulation.
- Fader feedback.
- Fader scaling to match a fixed end controller.
- Multifunction Mutes – triggered from your midi controller using cc’s/notes or hotkeys.
- Ability to use computer keyboard hotkeys to trigger multifunction mutes and other commands.
- Modular – meaning you can disable sections and have controller data pass through if needed.
- Autodaw detection for Cubase/Live/Reaper/Sonar*/Adobe Audition*, and possibly others (* not verified).
- Jog Wheel – from a midi controller AND mouse wheel.
- Lower cpu load and smaller file size than GenMce 1.632.
GenMce – Redux for Windows is available to download at no cost. A Reaper specific version .88 is available as well. Donations are appreciated.
More information: OneLeaf Software