, Native Instruments
, Open Labs
Posted in news
on Nov 18, 2011
Open Labs has announced the release of Music OS 3.0 or MOS (moss), the world’s first music creation and live performance software designed specifically to address the needs of both music creators and live performers.
With over 7 years of integrated touch screen experience, MOS was purposely developed and optimized for touch screen use; however, a touch screen is not required when installed on PC desktops and laptop systems. Important to note, Open Labs will be releasing an Apple OS X supported platform in early 2012.
Simply stated, MOS makes music creation and live performance easy. With streamlined recording and live performance features, MOS allows music innovators to create, record and perform their ideas quickly and seamlessly. MOS was engineered to work in conjunction with traditional D.A.W. programs; leveraging existing studio investments and adding strong value, features and capabilities in areas where most musicians need it – the creative and live performance process. One can think of MOS as a professional ‘scratch pad’ when creating and performing music. MOS emphasizes ease-of-use, stability and power all at an affordable introductory price of $299/USD.
Music OS 3.0 features
- Set List – Manage your songs and sounds. Viewable as a list or a grid, the Set List tab lets you organize your sounds, VST’s and FX easily with our unique touch screen interface. Control the global flow of midi in and out, patch change in and out and other global song parameters such as importing and exporting songs and settings.
- Sound Browser – The Sound Browser in MOS is unlike any other. Search for your VST’s, sounds and FX in our search engine, create categories, audition patches within a VST and manage your VST instances which can be shared amongst different songs.
- Tracks – Sequence midi, record audio and manage your audio with MOS’s touch screen friendly music creation work flow. It’s never been easier to make music, organize and capture your ideas!
- Signal Chains – MOS’s signal chains page makes building patches, combining VST’s, complex zoning, key splits and creating global and discrete FX a breeze. All of the functions have been freed from cumbersome drop down menus and the signal chains in MOS makes controlling your tools a one touch process.
- Instrument Editor – Go deep into your VST’s in our synth editor page. Control the parameters on the touch screen and scroll through all of the VST’s and FX on one page. Never before has the process of working with VST interfaces been this simple.
- Note Editor – Edit your midi information right on the touch screen with MOS’s amazing midi editor. The power to adjust, transpose, cut, paste and create volume and expression curves is literally at the tip of your finger.
- Live Controls – You decide the look and feel of your work flow. MOS’s Live Controls gives you the ability to create touch screen controllers for any VST, DAW, hardware synth or function you can think of. Create faders, knobs, buttons, X/Y pads which are instantly midi learnable to your VST’s and FX. Output the midi to other devices and have fun creating your own workflow on a per song basis in MOS.
- TouchEdit – Get hands on with TouchEdit and give your mouse a rest. TouchEdit is a powerful feature in MOS where literally anything and everything is simplified by the use of a touch screen. Wether you are editing your midi, audio, creating live controls, building custom touch interfaces for VST’s or DAW’s, TouchEdit makes it all simpler so the music can flow faster.
- Live Mode – Are you ready to hit the stage? Lock down your set with LiveMode so that there are no unwanted changes to your work while you are performing. The touch screen is protected and everything except your Live Controls are frozen into a suspended state so you know where you are at all times and can perform with confidence.
- MOS Plug-ins & More – Includes Reverb, Press, Limiter, EQ, IDM, Dub Star.
Music OS 3.0 is available to purchase the introductory price of $299 USD.
Open Labs has partnered with Dell to provide complete music computer bundles.
Open Labs and DELL will be offering powerful and affordable music computer bundles starting at $1499/USD. All music bundles will include an optimized Intel™ i5 or i7 touch screen laptop computer powered by DELL and Open Labs Music OS 3.0 software for creating and performing live music. Also included will be thousands of 3rd party sounds and presets from VST providers like Native Instruments, Cakewalk and others. Other music bundles will include ‘extras’ such as a USB keyboard controller and a microphone preamp for recording vocals, guitars, drums and or electronic / acoustic instruments.s a USB keyboard controller and a microphone preamp for recording vocals, guitars, drums and or electronic / acoustic instruments.
More information: Open Labs / Music OS 3.0
Vibration Management has announced the MST OL1, a professionally designed secondary monitor display modification of the Open Labs Miko and Neko instrument.
An Asus VH203T 20″ monitor display (resolution 1600×900) is attached to the Open Labs Miko or Neko, with adjustability for viewing and completely folding down to protect both displays. The added monitor can be added as an extended monitor setting.
No modifcations are made to the Miko itself. The mounting bracket is attached to the already existing holes on the Miko or Neko.
Upon ordering, the monitor and attaching bracket are shipped to you. For more info on Open Labs products, please visit www.openlabs.com.
The MST OL1 is available to purchse for $425 USD plus shipping (includes monitor).
More information: Vibration Management / MST OL1
Ableton has released version 8.0.5 of Live and Ableton Suite, software for creating, producing, and performing music.
Changes in Live / Suite v8.0.5
- Updated manuals.
- Updated Help Pages.
- When using the APC40 Controller surface script, we check if the selection MIDI ports are the one from the APC40.
- Improved graphic performance when using Live on Windows 7 RC 1.
- On Mac OS X, Cocoa support for Audio Units.
- Having an unfolded Live set file in the browser, now the tracks from that Live set can be inserted into the current set by double clicking too. In earlier versions it was only possible via drag’n drop..
- Controller surface support for the AKAI MPD-18, MPK-25, MPK-61 and MPK-88 controllers..
- Controller surface support for OpenLabs devices.
- Many bugfixes, details here.
More information: Ableton
Image-Line has released version 1.5.3 of Deckadance, the DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Changes since Deckadance v1.5.1
- Added 14 “inverted” midi functions in the “learn” midi control system.
- Fixed a problem of distorsion in the output channels when DD is hosted by FL & Live.
- Fixed a read/save problem with beatmark files on windows computers.
- Fixed native support for Openlabs dBeat.
- Fixed a synchronization problem when master tempo engine is active.
- Improved audio engine.
- Improved DVS system to get rid of “sticker drift” problems.
- Fixed visual problem in the pitch sliders in DVS mode and soundcard at 48KHz.
- Improved double/half buttons behavior in the BPM setup panel.
- Updated minihost.
Deckadance is still available for purchase with a 20% discount until 20 June, 2009 (new customers can get an additional discount of 10% with this promo link).
A fully functional demo version of Deckadance is available for download here.
Visit Image-Line for more information.
, Open Labs
Posted in news
on May 20, 2009
Image-Line has released version 1.5 of Deckadance, the DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 1.5 is available for MAC and PC and gains a new audio engine with an amazing high quality of the sound. Version 1.5 now supports batch beat-analysis of the songs (reducing load times/CPU load during a performance) and time-stretching/compression technology. DJs can enjoy new playlist design with variable font sizes, view modes and the ability to import iTunes playlists.
To aid setup, the input and outputs of the program now appear as stereo channels making installation and routing of audio inputs/outputs more intuitive. Finally, users can choose between “Auto” or “Manual” beatgrid analysis modes, on a song-by-song basis, according to their preferences and the complexity of the source audio.
Also new in Deckadance v1.5
- Native support for the latest generation of MIDI controllers (Vestax VCI-300, DJ-Tech Kontrol One, Stanton SCS-3D, Hercules DJ Control Steel, EKS Otus, Omnitronic MMC-1).
- Improved seek waveform that shows the start and cue points.
- OpenGL render engine for Windows.
- Unicode support for playlist/browser items.
- Beatgrid move via mouse over the waveform.
- Improved DVS engine when elastique time-stretching is disabled, etc.
- Option to switch between the old and new sound engine by the improved interface of the setup panel.
- Fully compatible with Open Labs DBeat portable DJ instruments.
Deckadance is available for purchase with a 20% discount until 20 June, 2009 (regular price is $179 USD for the Club Edition, $99 USD for the House Edition.
A fully functional demo version of Deckadance 1.5 is available for download here.
Visit Image-Line for more information.
, Open Labs
Posted in news
on Apr 03, 2009
Open Labs has announced the DBeat, its latest tool for DJs using VSTi’s in a live setting, playing and programming beats and recording your next full production.
The DBeat instrument was engineered for portability and power. Encased in an ultra-light aluminum chassis and weighing only 20lbs, the DBeat boasts more than 10,000 sounds with an additional 14GB of sounds that come with the included, full feature version of Ableton™ Live 7. Live DJ performance capability is taken to the next level with the inclusion of Open Labs’ edition of GURU™ and the proprietary virtual instrument host Riff™ – making DBeat the ultimate tool for using VSTi’s in a live setting.
DBeat comes loaded with a plethora of fully mappable real-time controllers, including Open Labs’ exclusive Bump MP™ drum pads, the Mix/Edit digital audio workstation panel, and comprehensive DJ controls including a cross-fader. DBeat puts “the feel” back in making music by including an integrated trackball, iPod-compatible cradle and 12-inch capacitive touch screen, which will be multi-touch capable with Windows 7 update.
The ability to directly connect USB turntables and the compatibility with virtually any software, including Deckadance™, Serato Scratch Live™, Traktor™, Pro Tools™, Reason™ and many more, make DBeat the ultimate DJ solution for studio, stage and club use.
- More than 10,000 high-quality sounds, plus an additional 14 GB included with the full-feature version of Ableton™ Live 7.
- Open Labs’ proprietary virtual instrument host Riff™ – the ultimate tool for live performance using VSTi’s.
- Bump MP™ 17-pad drum module controller paired with Open Labs’ edition of GURU™ that includes eight engines, note repeat, chromatic mode, transport and more, gives DBeat all the feel of an MPC with none of the limitations.
- Mix/Edit digital audio workstation controls include 8 plus 1 fully customizable faders, knobs and soft keys, and an additional 8 mappable knobs with a 2×20 LCD readout.
- DJ panel with cross fader, 7 knobs, 2 encoders for pitch/BPM and 8 buttons all assignable to key parameters for live performance.
- 12-inch capacitive touch screen (multi-touch capable with Windows 7 update) with an integrated trackball and an iPod-compatible cradle.
- Comprehensive I/O capable of up to 24bit/96KHz audio with 4 in / 6 out including 2 phantom-powered mic-pres with DI’s, S/PDIF I/O and MIDI I/O.
- Unlimited capability for running third party plug-ins, VSTi’s and applications, including Deckadance™, Serato Scratch Live™, Traktor™, Pro Tools™, Reason™ and many more.
- Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, dual-layer DVD burner, and FireWire, USB, DVI-I Video and Ethernet ports for easy connectivity.
- Portability perfect for DJs, music producers, and musicians on the go (26″L x 14″W x 5″H) and weighs approx. 20lbs.
- Open Labs’ Edition of Windows™, specifically configured for music production.
- One year of Open Labs Gold Support Services which include: one-hour “Get to Know Your Machine” session, remote desktop support via Internet in addition to phone and email support, and full parts/labor warranty coverage.
The DBeat will be available in June 2009 for $3,999 USD. There’s a $500 USD Rebate for pre-orders before June 10st.
Visit Open Labs for more information.