Time+Space has announced that tutorial experts ASK Video have released three new titles for Reason 6, ReCycle and OSX Lion users.
Find your way around OSX Lion or get to grips with Propellerhead’s ReCycle or Reason 6 thanks to these new downloadable tutorials from ASK Video.
ReCycle: Featuring twenty high quality videos, this tutorial will guide you from the basics of installing Propellerhead’s ReCycle right up to the more advanced features of beat slicing and effects.
Reason 6: Reason and Record have been combined into one feature packed product aptly titled, Reason 6. The aim of this tutorial is to help those of you who are already using Reason to get up and running quickly with the new elements Propellerhead has added.
OSX Taming the Lion: Whether you’re new to the Mac OS X or a long-time Mac user considering updating to Lion, this tutorial will get you onboard with the world’s most advanced operating system with the help of 2 hours worth of professional videos.
These high quality tutorial videos all feature easy to use interfaces and are Mac OS X and PC compatible.
The tutorials are available to purchase from £12.95 GBP / 14.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space
Universal Audio has announced enhanced Pro Tools compatibility and Mac OS X Lion compatibility with their newest software release, UAD Powered Plug-Ins v6.0.
Now available as a free download on the UA website for Mac and PC users worldwide, UA’s new v6.0 software will ensure that customers running Mac OS X 10.7 will have full compatibility with their UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
New in UAD software v6.0
- UA-developed RTAS plug-ins, replacing current VST-to-RTAS Adapter.
- Full support of all Pro Tools control surfaces, including customized control layouts.
- Fully automatable plug-in parameters, with values and ranges displayed in automation lanes and on control surfaces.
- Plug-in names clearly displayed in the Pro Tools Mix and Edit windows.
- Plug-ins sorted by category in the Pro Tools plug-ins menu.
- Quick installation process.
- Many other workflow improvements.
In addition to tight Pro Tools integration and support for Mac OS X Lion, UAD Powered Plug-Ins software v6.0 includes the release of the Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder Plug-In, as well as Brainworx® bx_digital V2 EQ and SPL® Vitalizer MK2-T Direct Developer plug-ins.
More information: Universal Audio
TC Electronic has updated its TC NEAR software for compatibility with Apple’s Mac OS X Lion.
Recently, Apple released a major update to its Mac OS X operating system: OS X 10.7 Lion. Now, TC Electronic is releasing an updated version of its TC NEAR software that is compatible with this new version.
The new software package – TC NEAR v. 2.5.1 for Mac – is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7, and in addition, it offers a general improvement of stability and performance. The new software applies to all of TC Electronic’s audio interfaces, including: Impact Twin, Studio Konnekt 48, Desktop Konnekt 6, Digital Konnekt X32, Konnekt 24D, Konnekt 8 and Konnekt Live.
The software supports both 32bit and 64bit environments.
More information: TC Electronic / TC NEAR
Steinberg has announced last week that most Steinberg products run flawlessly under Apple’s latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
The majority of Steinberg products are Lion compatible; however, further development is required to ensure overall compatibility through the entire product range. While the testing phase was completed prior to the release of Lion, Steinberg will release patches and driver updates for current products with remaining issues.
The following provides information on the current status of product compatibility.
- The current Cubase line of products supports Lion with the 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 maintenance updates. The LE and AI versions of Cubase have been tested and certified for Lion, with no further updates required. Due to changes in Lion, Cubase running in 64-bit mode cannot properly handle 32-bit VST plug-ins. This issue, however, is currently being addressed and will be resolved shortly.
- The current WaveLab line of products including the LE version supports Lion with the 7.1 maintenance update.
- By releasing Nuendo 5.5 today, Nuendo is fully compatible with Lion. Also compatible is the Nuendo SyncStation.
- Sequel 2 is certified to be fully Lion compatible, with no further updates required.
- The latest VST instruments support Lion, i.e., HALion 4, HALion Sonic and The Grand 3. Groove Agent 3 and HALion Symphonic Orchestra have not been certified as compatible with Lion.
- The RND Portico plug-ins are certified to be fully Lion compatible.
- Content sets and Steinberg’s license tool, eLicenser Control Center, are Lion compatible.
- Hardware products CC121, MR816 CSX/X and the CI series are yet to be tested.
More information: Steinberg
Elektron has released OS version 1.0 of its Octatrack digital performance sampler.
This release includes the eight track MIDI step sequencer, reverse streaming sample playback, one-shot trig capabilities and lots of bug fixes.
For a full list of improvements, see the documentation included with the upgrade zip-file.
More information: Elektron / Octatrack DSP-1
Native Instruments has posted information about the compatibility of Native Instruments products with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” operating system.
Native Instruments has conducted initial compatibility tests with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.7, and has found an issue that causes the 64-bit versions of NI applications to crash both when used stand-alone and as a plug-in.*
The cause of this issue has been successfully determined, and updates for the affected products are currently in development, with their respective release planned for September or earlier. In the meantime, users should utilize the 32-bit versions of the respective NI applications**, or consider to refrain from updating to Mac OS X 10.7 for the time being.
Native Instruments has observed no additional compatibility issues under Mac OS X 10.7 yet, but will conduct further systematic tests once it has access to the final release version of the operating system. Eventual new information will be provided on this page as it becomes available.
More information: Native Instruments