ProjectSAM has announced the release of the 2014 Edition Updates for Symphobia 1 and Symphobia 2, a free update for all registered Symphobia 1 and 2 users.
Changes in 2014 Edition Updates
- Microphone mixing — Symphobia 1.4 allows you to mix the two available microphone sets in realtime. This can be done individually, using the vertical mic faders, or together, using the horizontal cross fade slider. This slider smoothly morphs between a close and a stage mix.
- Individual control over articulations — Symphobia groups multiple articulations in each instrument file. In previous versions, these articulations could be switched using keyswitches and played one at a time. Symphobia 1.4 allows you to independently toggle and mix articulations.
- Toggling articulations — Click an articulation name to toggle between activating and deactivating it. This way you can easily combine multiple articulations and perform them together.
- MIDI toggle keys — You can also use MIDI toggle keys to activate and deactivate articulations.
- Reset toggles — To reset the articulation toggles to their default state (first one activated, others deactivated) click reset toggles. You can also reset toggles by using the assigned MIDI key.
- Purging — By default, all articulations are loaded into memory, regardless of whether they are activated or deactivated using the toggles. This way, toggling articulations works instantaneously. To save memory, you can unload articulations.
ProjectSAM has also launched a limited time Summer Sale.
To celebrate the 7,5 year anniversary of the Symphobia Series, as well as the release of the 2014 Edition Updates for Symphobia 1 and 2, ProjectSAM launches a special Symphobia Summer Sale
from Monday July 8th until Thursday July 17th 23:59 PDT.
Get great deals on the fully updated Symphobia 1, Symphobia 2 and Symphobia 3: Lumina, as well as the Symphobia Duo Pack and the new Symphobia Trio Pack.
Symphobia Summer Sale
- Symphobia 3 Lumina: €849/$1099 €599/$799 (save €250/$350)
- Symphobia 2: €749/$1029 €599/$799 (save €150/$230)
- Symphobia 1: €749/$1029 €599/$799 (save €150/$230)
- Symphobia Duo Pack (1 & 2): €1498/$2059 €1098/$1460 (save €400/$598)
- Symphobia Trio Pack: €2347/$3207 €1647/$2190 (save €700/$1017)
Loyalty discounts still apply during this sale (maximum €50/$70 per order).
More information: ProjectSAM
Sonokinetic has announced the release of Grosso, a virtual orchestral instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt and Kontakt Player.
With Grosso, Sonokinetic BV is changing the paradigm for orchestral phrase-based instruments… again! Before our Minimal library, the level of control, whilst retaining the authentic sound that live recordings bring to the party, was unheard of. We have gotten so much positive feedback on Minimal that a ‘sequel’ was unavoidable. Mere sequels is not what we do though at Sonokinetic, so if you look at what Grosso brings to the table, you will see an evolved entity that is a homo-sapiens to Minimal’s homo-erectus.
We have conceived this instrument from the ground up, using parts of the Minimal engine and reimagining many other things to accommodate for the added flexibility Grosso brings to the table. The main difference, apart from the obviously upbeat nature of the recorded material and the addition of a choir part and a taiko and non-melodic percussion section, is that we split out the orchestral sections into more parts. Strings and choir are split in low – mid – high, woodwinds and brass into low and high, percussion into taiko and more traditional orchestral percussion. All of these elements have been carefully composed to work well with all of the others, resulting in millions of possible combinations of sounds.
- 6 Instrument patches covering Strings, Brass, Percussion, Woodwinds, Choir and a Dynamic builder tool for transitions composing.
- Including Timestretching and tempo syncing using Native Instruments Time machine Pro 2 & Sonokinetic’s Intelligent Tempo Mapping.
- 44.1kHZ – 24bit and 16bit NCW format (36.000+ samples each).
- Royalty and copyright free.
The library is available for purchase for a three week introductory price of 249.90 EUR (regular 299.90 EUR). Prices excl. VAT.
More information: Sonokinetic / Grosso
FXpansion has announced the release of BFD Orchestral, an expansion pack that delivers a unique set of concert percussion to your BFD3, BFD Eco or BFD2 sessions.
The included sounds are perfect for film and commercial composition as well as for progressive music production and creative sound design.
BFD Orchestral features a variety of orchestral bass drums, snares and hand cymbals alongside chromatically tuned timpani and concert chimes which are sampled over 1.5 octaves and perfect for unusual melodic lines. Other highlights include suspended cymbals with huge decays due to the lack of a stand to dampen vibrations.
All the sounds in BFD Orchestral are recorded using carefully selected high-end equipment to capture the dynamics and sonic beauty of these instruments which have the versatility to fit into all kinds of genres and mixes.
BFD Orchestral is available for purchase for $70 USD/55 EUR/£49 GBP inc VAT where applicable.
More information: FXpansion / BFD Orchestral
Spitfire Audio has announced Mural Strings Vol 2, the second volume in a instrument series of Kontakt libraries that feature a large symphonic string band with in-situ recorded violins, violas, cellos and basses, which each can be controlled totally independently within the collection.
This volume features a carefully curated selection of articulations to compliment volume one, giving the discerning professional greater detail, colour and depth of expression with some must-haves thrown in for good measure!
Articulations include fully functional* legato portamento & detache, carefully measured 1’0 shorts 0’5 shorts and the gentle tapping of bows against strings with col legno. Greater emotion and expression with longs molto vib (molto espressivo), haunting longs sul pont, longs sul pont con sordino, and the searing longs sul pont distorted. Heart breaking longs sul tasto with must-have measured trems and trills. Finally we have a selection fx curated, produced and orchestrated by award winning composers with “tense” longs worth the price of admission alone! We’ve also filled in some of the gaps in Volume 1 with bartok pizz, harmonics and unmeasured trems for the second violins and violas.
The library is available for purchase for the introductory price of £339 GBP until June 1st, 2014 (regular £399 GBP). In celebration of the release, volume 1 is also discounted 10% for a limited time.
More information: Spitfire / Mural Strings Vol 2
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
ProjectSAM has released version 1.1 of Orchestral Essentials, a major free update to the orchestral library featuring carefully selected the essentials from each of its products, including the highly praised Symphobia series, True Strike series and Orchestral Brass Classic.
Version 1.1 adds 2.5 GB (1.2 GB in Kontakt’s compressed NCW format) of new content for all registered Orchestral Essentials users.
Changes in Orchestral Essentials v1.1
- Celli + Basses real legato in octaves (stage mic, 2 layers).
- Full Choir Aahs (stage mic, 2 layers).
- Brass Staccato Mutes (stage mic).
- Flute and Piccolo Octave Runs (close mic, major/mior, up/down).
- New World Percussion drums kit (previously unreleased percussion samples.).
- Tubular Bells (close mic).
- 8 New Multis.
- New Full Orchestra instrument.
- Various programming fixes.
- Graphical interface tweaks.
The update is a free download to Orchestral Essentials customers. Note: the update requires version 5.3 of Kontakt or Kontakt Player.
More information: ProjectSAM / Orchestral Essentials
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time.
April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments.
So during march we are having a end sale where you get 50% discount on all PMI Libraries.
- PMI Accordian – Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of accordion samples ever sampled.
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Over 25 different anvils or other large metal objects, plus collection of small & huge church bells.
- PMI Baroque Organ – The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Carillion – The first sampled Carillon features an amazing 58 Bells! All bells have been sampled.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – The Hybrid Pianos allows you to build your own piano. Simply drag and drop the elements you want to add in your sampler and adjust each component to your personal taste.
- PMI Old Lady – This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano. Sampled with 10 recorded velocity layers with 10 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – A collection of Orchestral Instruments for GigaStudio. Orchestral perc instruments include Celesta, Glockenspiel, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibes.
- PMI Positif – A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Steinway D – A sampled Steinway model D3 piano with serial number 393210, which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The Bösendorfer 290 SE has a huge dynamic range, with very subtle pianissimo and thunderous fortissimi. 12 recorded velocity layers, with 12 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Theater Organ – All ranks were chromatically sampled, capturing the true nature and character of each pipe. Samples are 10 to 15 seconds long with perfect loops to enable playing of unlimited length of notes. The true release sound of the organ pipes was also recorded and is reproduced upon key-release.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014. The PMI libraries will be discontinued after the sale.
More information: SampleTekk
8Dio Productions has announced the release of CAGE String, the first title in a series of orchestral effects libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The CAGE String Edition contains an articulation list second and comes in high-resolution wave (.wav / 24 bit / 96khz format). We wanted to create something definitive and unrivaled. The String Edition alone contains over 1100 articulations and it is near impossible to find an effect not covered.
The incredible depth of articulations is supported by our custom CAGE Chaos Engine, which contains over 80.000 lines of code. The CAGE Chaos Engine allows you to take complete control of the samples and you can control over 1.500 sample parameters with a single click. In addition you can also randomize all the rack-fx (ex. trance-gate, filters, EQ).
So imagine having the deepest set of articulations with an incredibly intuitive and powerful Chaos Engine. An infinity of possibilities.
CAGE Strings is available to purchase for the introductory price of $419 USD until April 1st, 2014 (regular $499 USD). The library is also included in the CAGE Bundle incl. pre-order of CAGE Brass (March 5th) and CAGE Woodwinds (March 12th), priced at $897 USD.
More information: 8Dio / CAGE String Edition