, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
ProjectSAM has released version 1.1 of Orchestral Essentials, a major free update to the orchestral library featuring carefully selected the essentials from each of its products, including the highly praised Symphobia series, True Strike series and Orchestral Brass Classic.
Version 1.1 adds 2.5 GB (1.2 GB in Kontakt’s compressed NCW format) of new content for all registered Orchestral Essentials users.
Changes in Orchestral Essentials v1.1
- Celli + Basses real legato in octaves (stage mic, 2 layers).
- Full Choir Aahs (stage mic, 2 layers).
- Brass Staccato Mutes (stage mic).
- Flute and Piccolo Octave Runs (close mic, major/mior, up/down).
- New World Percussion drums kit (previously unreleased percussion samples.).
- Tubular Bells (close mic).
- 8 New Multis.
- New Full Orchestra instrument.
- Various programming fixes.
- Graphical interface tweaks.
The update is a free download to Orchestral Essentials customers. Note: the update requires version 5.3 of Kontakt or Kontakt Player.
More information: ProjectSAM / Orchestral Essentials
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time.
April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments.
So during march we are having a end sale where you get 50% discount on all PMI Libraries.
- PMI Accordian – Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of accordion samples ever sampled.
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Over 25 different anvils or other large metal objects, plus collection of small & huge church bells.
- PMI Baroque Organ – The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Carillion – The first sampled Carillon features an amazing 58 Bells! All bells have been sampled.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – The Hybrid Pianos allows you to build your own piano. Simply drag and drop the elements you want to add in your sampler and adjust each component to your personal taste.
- PMI Old Lady – This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano. Sampled with 10 recorded velocity layers with 10 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – A collection of Orchestral Instruments for GigaStudio. Orchestral perc instruments include Celesta, Glockenspiel, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibes.
- PMI Positif – A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Steinway D – A sampled Steinway model D3 piano with serial number 393210, which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The Bösendorfer 290 SE has a huge dynamic range, with very subtle pianissimo and thunderous fortissimi. 12 recorded velocity layers, with 12 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Theater Organ – All ranks were chromatically sampled, capturing the true nature and character of each pipe. Samples are 10 to 15 seconds long with perfect loops to enable playing of unlimited length of notes. The true release sound of the organ pipes was also recorded and is reproduced upon key-release.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014. The PMI libraries will be discontinued after the sale.
More information: SampleTekk
8Dio Productions has announced the release of CAGE String, the first title in a series of orchestral effects libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The CAGE String Edition contains an articulation list second and comes in high-resolution wave (.wav / 24 bit / 96khz format). We wanted to create something definitive and unrivaled. The String Edition alone contains over 1100 articulations and it is near impossible to find an effect not covered.
The incredible depth of articulations is supported by our custom CAGE Chaos Engine, which contains over 80.000 lines of code. The CAGE Chaos Engine allows you to take complete control of the samples and you can control over 1.500 sample parameters with a single click. In addition you can also randomize all the rack-fx (ex. trance-gate, filters, EQ).
So imagine having the deepest set of articulations with an incredibly intuitive and powerful Chaos Engine. An infinity of possibilities.
CAGE Strings is available to purchase for the introductory price of $419 USD until April 1st, 2014 (regular $499 USD). The library is also included in the CAGE Bundle incl. pre-order of CAGE Brass (March 5th) and CAGE Woodwinds (March 12th), priced at $897 USD.
More information: 8Dio / CAGE String Edition
Time+Space has announced the release of Urban Symphony – Orchestral Phrases, a new sample library from Zero-G.
Zero-G and Xfonic have released Urban Symphony, a multiformat sample collection of orchestral phrases and solo piano and harp loops that have been composed and recorded for Hip Hop, R´n´B and Dance music producers but would work equally well for orchestral mock-ups.
These orchestral sessions were all recorded in flawless 24bit audio, mostly between 90 and 95bpm, and mastered using state of the art production techniques to provide a very contemporary sound which enables the samples to sit well in a modern musical setting.
Urban Symphony Orchestral Phrases features
- 727 Acidized WAV files.
- 727 AIFF Apple Loops.
- 727 Rex2 Recycle files.
- 56 Kontakt Instruments.
- 56 EXS24 Instruments.
- 56 HALion Instruments.
- 56 NN-XT Instruments.
The sample library costs £59.95 GBP. Until February 14th, 2014, Time+Space is offering an introductory 20% discount, plus a free copy of the Urban Life sample pack (3GB).
More information: Time+Space / Urban Symphony
Spitfire Audio has launched Mural Symphonic Strings Vol 1, a new British Modular Range series sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
After the masterful simplicity of the Albion – epic ‘out-of-the-box’ orchestral ensembles and the finely crafted detail and beauty of the Sable chamber string range, Spitfire at last are creating the ultimate symphonic-sized detailed string collection as part of their comprehensive British Modular Range. Spitfire’s long term project to create the greatest sounding, deepest sampled and ultimately future proofed living orchestral virtual instruments collection on the planet today.
Mural offers a grand 60 piece string band (16, 14, 12, 10, 8) but is recorded and performed in such a way as to provide you with ultimate detail. It is not an epic dirgy sludge of trailer-making strings. It is pure in its detail and beauty and is designed to encourage and inspire you to write better orchestral music for your canon.
The library is available to purchase with an introductory 15% discount off the regular price of £399 GBP for the first two weeks.
More information: Spitfire Audio / Mural Symphonic Strings Vol 1
Kong Audio has announced Chinee Orchestra SE, a collection of 27 Chinese instruments, plus one set of Chinese percussion.
The Standard Edition is a streamlined version of Chinee Orchestra Full Edition, with a much smaller size and a more affordable pricetag.
“The result is satisfying,” says DongSheng Shan, CEO of Kong Audio, “even though it seems like a simple library, it actually is gorgeously expressive, thanks to the use of QIN engine’s Extenders.”
Shan says Kong Audio’s design philosophy has always been to keep the size down and make the instruments as slick as possible, while keeping it expressive. This old school approach is especially manifested in the creation of Chinee Orchestra SE.
“What is interesting is that a simplified instrument actually sounds more closer to being an ideal instrument. So we believe even the professionals may prefer to use this Standard Edition than the Full Edition sometimes,” says Shan.
Chinee Orchestra SE is scheduled to be released in February, 2014.
More information: Kong Audio
, electric piano
Posted in news
on Jan 20, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has launched a limited time sale, offering up to 65% off its Renaissance Flutes, The Big One Yamaha C7 Grand Piano, Mk seventy-three, and BOB – Orchestral Brass sample libraries.
- Renaissance Flutes – A complete set of recorders, Bass, Alto, Tenor, Soprano and Sopranino, beautifully played by one of Sweden’s top flutists. Regular Price $119 – On Sale $49
- TBO, The Big One – Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with 93 unique samples/recorded note! Regular Price $199 – On Sale $89
- Mk seventy-three – The Rhodes challenger! Recorded through a a Fender Twin – The way it was supposed to. Regular Price $140 – On Sale $49
- BOB – Orchestral Brass – BOB gives you French Horn, Trombone, Trumpet and Tuba. Regular Price $98 – On Sale $39
The sale ends January 20th, 2014.
More information: SampleTekk