Forgotten Keys has launched Hammond AV-64, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The FK14 Kontakt Instrument is based on the Hammond auto-vari 64, model 101300. This is the later version released in the early 1980s, and featured 64 rhythms, 6 breaks and 10 analogue sounds.
Originally designed to sit on top of a home organ, indeed some top-of-the-range Hammond organs had the unit built in.
The FK14 is a faithful re-creation of most of the units features, with all sounds individually multi-sampled in high quality.
FK14: Hammond AV-64 features
- Virtual instrument based on the AV-64 101300 model.
- 10 multi-sampled sounds.
- 16 combinable re-created rhythms with 4 variations each.
- 6 rhythm breaks assigned to 12 rhythms.
- Volume, pan, tune and mute for each sound.
- Note input and audio output routing.
The library is available to purchase for £4 GBP.
More information: Forgotten Keys / Hammond AV-64
Martinic has released version 1.2.2 of the Combo Model F and version 1.3.2 of Combo Model V, two freeware combo organ instrument plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Combo Model F is a freeware virtual combo organ, modelled after a well-known Italian combo organ from the 1960s.
Combo Model V is a freeware virtual combo organ, modelled after a well-known combo organ from the 1960s.
Changes in Combo Model F v1.2.2 / Combo Model V v1.3.2
- [Combo Model V] Added extend bass range and 8′-16′ bass switches.
- [Combo Model V] Improved bass voice attack/release transients.
- [Combo Model F] Increased precision of bass volume knob.
- Improved reverb sound.
- Improved guitar cabinet simulation resampling quality.
- Improved plug-in parameter labelling.
- Added tooltips in GUI.
- Increased precision of bass volume and reverb knobs.
- Highlight MIDI learnable controls.
- Automatically (dis)arm clear MIDI map button.
- Cancel MIDI learn on panic attack.
- Improved GUI automation behaviour.
- Improved Scala scale file import when base frequency is out of range.
- [Mac OS X] Slightly improved overall CPU use.
- [Windows] Fixed enter key clearing selected text on keyboard input.
The plug-ins are available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Martinic
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 03, 2013
SampleTekk has announced a sale on its Organ libraries, offering a 60% discount for 2 days only.
Organ Special Sale
- ST Tonewheel —Welcome to the Tonewheel experience – The Draw-Bar is open! If this organ was a date, it wouldn’t be the one you presented to your mother – this is the one you would PARTY with! It’s only rock’n’roll but I’ll think you’ll like it.
- Pump Organ — The Pump Organ. A small organ where air is pumped using your feet. Common in small chapels and schools 40-50 years ago. A small, simple organ with tons of charm! Nothing you would play the Toccata on, but try some Tom Waits songs!
- PMI Positif — A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Baroque Organ — A complete church organ for your computer! The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations. All individual stops and all useful combinations of stops have been sampled which makes it possible to play every possible combination of stops with one single library, all from one computer. PMI Giga Organ brings you a stunning replica of a beautiful church organ.
- PMI Accordions — Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of Accordion samples ever sampled.
The sale ends September 4th, 2013.
More information: SampleTekk
MaxSynths has announced the release of Orgelwerke, a virtual church organ instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Orgelwerke is a church organ library for Kontakt. Based on the same concept of aPiano, all samples of the library has been modeled in a dedicated software following mathematical calculations with the challenge to create a good church organ sound for everyday usage.
All sounds has been sampled at 96Khz 24bit to ensure the best possible audio quality.
- 3 patches, 61 wavs (96kHz/ 24bit)
- Orgelwerke I – “Tutti” configuration, suitable for most of the classic church organ works.
- Orgelwerke II – “Tutti” configuration with a higher register added. More incisive and clean sound.
- Orgelwerke Soft – High register only.
- 160MB content (144MB download).
The Orgelwerke library is available to purchase for 19.90 EUR.
More information: MaxSynths / Orgelwerke
Sononics has announced the release of Revival, a Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Revival is the RE-imagined, “neo-classic” instrument that combines the power of modern synthesis with the classic organ sounds of generations past.
Drawbar additive-synthesis, harmonic modifiers and vintage effects combine to create an instrument that spans multiple genres with an incredible sonic palette and outstanding playability.
Revival costs $99 USD / 79 EUR. It is 25% off until August 31st, 2013.
More information: Sononics