Precisionsound has announced the Multimonica II, a sample library featuring a vintage analog synthesizer that combines vacuum tube synthesis with a fan-powered reed organ, and is equally at home in electronic and acoustic music.
The Hohner Multimonica II was designed by the German engineer Harald Bode in the mid-1950s. A predecessor to the Clavioline tube synthesizer, the Multimonica II combined vacuum tube synthesis with a fan-driven reed organ.
We sampled both the synthesizer and organ sections of the Multimonica II, capturing every setting and register for each note on the original instrument. After fine-tuning and seamlessly looping the samples, we rebuilt the Multimonica II within virtual samplers for use in your music.
For the synth section, you get the true sound of the analog instrument with huge improvements in control and stability, way beyond what’s possible with the real thing.
Multimonica II features
- 205 stereo and 350 mono 24-bit WAV samples.
- 8 multisampled synthesizer settings.
- 5 multisampled accordion-style registers.
- 2 programs for NI Kontakt 3-5 with scripted performance controls and GUI.
- 14 programs for NI Kontakt 2.
- 20 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 13 programs for SoundFont.
- The total size of the library compressed is 345 MB.
Multimonica II is available to purchase for $59 USD (CD/DVD backup for additional $9.95 USD or/and digital backup for $3.95 USD). All formats are included when you buy Multimonica II.
More information: Precisionsound / Multimonica II
SampleTekk has launched ST Reed Organ, a virtual organ instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
It huffs and it puffs, I don’t know, it could blow your house down. However, it will produce a charming noise that will work equally well for both hymns and whisky drenshed smoke-filled Waits type of songs. It’s has an intimate voice with loads of charachter that will bring flavour to just about any kind of music, (ok, maybe not thrash metal…).
ST Reed Organ features
- 8 individual stops.
- Separate volume controls for each stop.
- More the 400Mb of pristine 24 bit stereo samples.
- Doubler for the bass and treble ranks.
- Key and bellow noice for ultra realistic playing.
- EQ, Reverb and Tremulant controls.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $24.50 USD until January 10th, 2014 (regular $50 USD). Requires Kontakt 4 or higher, full version.
More information: SampleTekk / ST Reed Organ
Boscomac has announced Tranzistorg MK2, an updated version of the transistor-based combo organ instrument for Reaktor.
This version is really more complete and subtle. Leslie cab was added, it works with all cabinets available. It offers a lot of warmness on the organ. The Drive section offers two modes, Hard & Soft. There is also a vibrato and reverb that offers two modes, Sping & Slap, available in mono or stereo. Finally, the drawbars section offers a close setting Vox organ.
Also released is Baroussel, a Reaktor ensemble based on a barrel organ and a carrousel.
BARROUSEL is based on a barrel organ and a Carrousel. You can adjust the color Tone of the instrument, change the wind noise in the pipes, choose the instrument condition and act on its accuracy and its responsiveness. And finally, you can place the instrument in a kind of magical reverb …
Both instruments are available to download as freeware. Donations are much appreciated.
More information: Boscomac
Forgotten Keys has launched Hammond AV-64, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The FK14 Kontakt Instrument is based on the Hammond auto-vari 64, model 101300. This is the later version released in the early 1980s, and featured 64 rhythms, 6 breaks and 10 analogue sounds.
Originally designed to sit on top of a home organ, indeed some top-of-the-range Hammond organs had the unit built in.
The FK14 is a faithful re-creation of most of the units features, with all sounds individually multi-sampled in high quality.
FK14: Hammond AV-64 features
- Virtual instrument based on the AV-64 101300 model.
- 10 multi-sampled sounds.
- 16 combinable re-created rhythms with 4 variations each.
- 6 rhythm breaks assigned to 12 rhythms.
- Volume, pan, tune and mute for each sound.
- Note input and audio output routing.
The library is available to purchase for £4 GBP.
More information: Forgotten Keys / Hammond AV-64
Martinic has released version 1.2.2 of the Combo Model F and version 1.3.2 of Combo Model V, two freeware combo organ instrument plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Combo Model F is a freeware virtual combo organ, modelled after a well-known Italian combo organ from the 1960s.
Combo Model V is a freeware virtual combo organ, modelled after a well-known combo organ from the 1960s.
Changes in Combo Model F v1.2.2 / Combo Model V v1.3.2
- [Combo Model V] Added extend bass range and 8′-16′ bass switches.
- [Combo Model V] Improved bass voice attack/release transients.
- [Combo Model F] Increased precision of bass volume knob.
- Improved reverb sound.
- Improved guitar cabinet simulation resampling quality.
- Improved plug-in parameter labelling.
- Added tooltips in GUI.
- Increased precision of bass volume and reverb knobs.
- Highlight MIDI learnable controls.
- Automatically (dis)arm clear MIDI map button.
- Cancel MIDI learn on panic attack.
- Improved GUI automation behaviour.
- Improved Scala scale file import when base frequency is out of range.
- [Mac OS X] Slightly improved overall CPU use.
- [Windows] Fixed enter key clearing selected text on keyboard input.
The plug-ins are available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Martinic
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 03, 2013 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a sale on its Organ libraries, offering a 60% discount for 2 days only.
Organ Special Sale
- ST Tonewheel —Welcome to the Tonewheel experience – The Draw-Bar is open! If this organ was a date, it wouldn’t be the one you presented to your mother – this is the one you would PARTY with! It’s only rock’n’roll but I’ll think you’ll like it.
- Pump Organ — The Pump Organ. A small organ where air is pumped using your feet. Common in small chapels and schools 40-50 years ago. A small, simple organ with tons of charm! Nothing you would play the Toccata on, but try some Tom Waits songs!
- PMI Positif — A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Baroque Organ — A complete church organ for your computer! The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations. All individual stops and all useful combinations of stops have been sampled which makes it possible to play every possible combination of stops with one single library, all from one computer. PMI Giga Organ brings you a stunning replica of a beautiful church organ.
- PMI Accordions — Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of Accordion samples ever sampled.
The sale ends September 4th, 2013.
More information: SampleTekk
MaxSynths has announced the release of Orgelwerke, a virtual church organ instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Orgelwerke is a church organ library for Kontakt. Based on the same concept of aPiano, all samples of the library has been modeled in a dedicated software following mathematical calculations with the challenge to create a good church organ sound for everyday usage.
All sounds has been sampled at 96Khz 24bit to ensure the best possible audio quality.
- 3 patches, 61 wavs (96kHz/ 24bit)
- Orgelwerke I – “Tutti” configuration, suitable for most of the classic church organ works.
- Orgelwerke II – “Tutti” configuration with a higher register added. More incisive and clean sound.
- Orgelwerke Soft – High register only.
- 160MB content (144MB download).
The Orgelwerke library is available to purchase for 19.90 EUR.
More information: MaxSynths / Orgelwerke