Osiris Synths has released Luno, a free virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Luno is (possibly) an almost exact emulation of a Juno 106. It can create great leads, basses & pads. The pads use quite a bit cpu because of the configuration, but can probably be tamed with delay fx insert, & by turning the envelope down.
The main difference between this and the other are:
- LFO can be tempo synced.
- Each oscillator can be volume controlled.
- There is a ‘Boost’ fx that can be applied separately, or with the chorus module.
Luno is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Osiris Synths
Osiris Synths has released Polly8, a free virtual synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Osiris Synths Polly8 – A recreation of a famous synth of yesteryear
- 24 Voice Polyphony. 2 Oscillators per voice, except Supersaw which has 6.
- Multi-mode filter: 12db or 24db LP, BP, HP.
- 2 oscillators with Sine, Saw, Triangle, Pulse and Supersaw (osc2 only) waveforms.
- Amp and filter envelopes.
- 2 LFOs and modulation matrix.
- Effects: Delay, chorus, phaser, equalizer.
Polly8 is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Osiris Synths / Polly8
Osiris Synths has released ODelay, a free effect plug-in with a modulating autofilter.
- Filtered delay with a bpm sync’d LFO.
- Capable of standard delays or 8 bar modulations.
- 1/16th sync can produce robotic fx.
- Try on vocals, drums, guitars, synths.
ODelay is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit Osiris Synths for a link to download ODelay.
Osiris Synths has released RoChor, a freeware Roland Chorus emulation VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
- 4 Voice Chorus/Flanger/Widener module modeled after the Roland JP-8000 Chorus.
- 4 frequency divided LFO’s modulate 4 delay lines.
- Made with Synthedit, skin done in Skinman by g200kg.
RoChor is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows (donations appreciated).
Download RoChor here.
Osiris Synths has released version 2.0 of Cymbiant, an 8 voice polyphonic synthesizer VST instrument for Windows PC.
Changes in Cymbiant v2.0
- 25 new presets by Osiris + 7 in seperate folder. Presets by Murky, S-N-S, Totolitoto & Vim Cortez, 140 presets in all.
- Cleaned up sound engine for lower CPU & better sound.
- Made the Supasaw a Supawave, modeled after Nord Supersaw. FM modulates Supawave now. Sync on Supawave will still produce clicks.
- LFO now has 2 routing choices. More choices added.
- Added EQ for better sound.
- Added Flanger (To access hidden fx: Click on name of fx in the Chorus FX box. Dropdown list lets you choose, Chorus, EQ, or Flanger.
- New skin by Totolitoto.
Delay and other things are planning for Cymbiant 3.
Note: read the included instructions for use of Cymbiant 2.0 on multi-core machines.
Download Cymbiant v2.0 below (5.1 MB)
Osiris Cymbiant v2.0
Downloads: 8887 times
Visit Osiris Synths for more information.
Osiris has released version 1.0a of Cymbiant, the 8 voice polyphonic analog synth for Windows PC.
Changes in v1.0a
- fixed: GUI lettering.
- fixed: problems with some old presets that weren’t saved properly.
- added: more presets (including a bank by Murky).
Download Cymbiant v1.0a below.
Osiris Cymbiant v1.0a
Downloads: 2134 times
Osiris has released Cymbiant, a freeware 8 voice polyphonic analog emulation VST instrument for Windows PC.
Cymbiant v1.0 features
- Morphable Oscillator 1: Morph between Ramp to Noise, Sine to Saw, Triange to Square, Combo, or Supersaw (Note: Pulsewidth & Sync do not work with Supersaw. Also Supersaw is VERY LOUD in volume and will overwhelm, so turn it down!!)
- Morphable Oscillator 2: Morph between Ramp to Noise, Sine to Saw, Triangle to Square, or Combination. PW modulation on both oscillators really affect the square’s sound.
- Phase knobs both oscillators will smoothe the sound. Turned all the way up – no sound at all.
- Filter: Moog. Bandpass, and combo Moog/Bandpass. Moog Cutoff 35hz to 9000khz, BP Cutoff knob seperate. Q knob the same for both. Keyboard amount : -100% to 100%. Envelope Amount: -100% to 100%, Filter Clip On/Off (interesting clipper can really add some dirt to your sounds).
- Envelope Generator for Filter & Volume.
- LFO: Tempo Synced or free from 0.20 hz to 50 hz. Level from -10 to 10. Usual suspect waves & Sample & Hold.
Modulation Source choose between LFO or Pitch Envelope. Destinations: None, Filter 1 & 2. Pitch, PW, Osc 2 Pitch, Filter Q, Moog Filter only, BP filter only.
- Chorus and tempo synced arp with Velocity & Transpose choice. If the Wet knob on the Chorus is turned too high it will generate strange artifacts in the sound.
You can download Cymbiant below.
2008-02-08: updated version 1.0a is now available, more info here.
Osiris Cymbiant v1.0
Downloads: 1903 times