Patchpool has announced the release of Aqualignum, a sound library for Camel Audio’s Alchemy instrument, combining waterphone samples from the Scattered Entity Vol. 1 library with original oud samples, an arab string instrument especially multisampled for this library.
The mysterious and haunting tones of the waterphone meet the warm embracing string sounds of the orient. Tradition melds with futurism, water, wood and metal compose Aqualignum. This library contains 56 patches (including 1 variation) making use of 1.76 GB of samples, resynthesized sounds and electronic derivatives. Multisampled string instruments derived from the oud with up to 5 velocity layers and 3x round robin (variations per sample), calm and dark drones, beautiful and fragile waterphone pads, ominous and evocative soundscapes, futuristic textures and metallic percussion instruments are contained in this set.
The oud articulations include plectrum-picked strings (played with a special oud plectrum), finger-plucked vibrato tones, up and down slides, tremoli, bowed oud (violin bow) and some phrases. The waterphone was played with two differently sized bows creating all kinds of arpeggio textures with water-modulated decay-phases, scraping and moaning metal sounds, long sustained notes played with a violin bow for creating multisampled tonal pad sounds and the instrument was beaten with various beaters for metallic percussion sounds and bass tones.
- 1.76 Gigabytes of samples (wav) and resynthesized files (.aaz).
- 56 patches (including 1 variation) with 8 variations each in Alchemy’s Remix Pad, all Performance Controllers and both x/y-pads are assigned for each patch.
- Delivery: download – RAR-archive in two parts for better download handling.
The library is available for purchase for 38 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Aqualignum
Patchpool has announced Aqualignum for Alchemy, a soundset that combines waterphone samples from the MachFive library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 with original Oud samples, an Arab string instrument especially multisampled for this library.
The mysterious and haunting tones of the waterphone meet the warm embracing string sounds of the orient. There will be approximately 50 – 60 patches making use roundabout 1.8 GB of samples, resynthesized sounds and electronic derivatives.
Multisampled string instruments, calm and dark drones, beautiful and fragile waterphone pads, ominous and evocative soundscapes, sequenced loops and some metallic mayhem will be patchified for this library.
- Approximately 1.8 Gigabytes of samples (wav) and resynthesized files (.aaz)
- Roundabout 50 – 60 patches with 8 variations each in Alchemy’s Remix Pad, all Performance Controllers and both x/y-pads are assigned for each patch.
- Delivery: download – RAR-archive in multiple parts for better download handling.
The library is scheduled for release in the second half of June, 2014. It is available to pre-order now for 30 EUR (regular price will be 38 EUR). Requires the full version of Alchemy v1.55 and higher.
Customers who own a license for Scattered Entity Vol. 1 or the SoundPack Waterphonia can pre-order this library at a 40% discount, at 18 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Aqualignum for Alchemy
Samplephonics has announced its Ethnic Folklore sample library containing a selection of beautifully played ethnic string loops and samples from instruments including a Dulcimer, Oud, Balalaika, Bouzouki and Guitar.
The sounds have been captured using a custom vintage Neumann U87 for utmost clarity and played by renowned musician Steven Byrd. A range of styles have been incorporated, ranging from traditional folk melodies to more gritty rock infused loops.
Perfect for film composers and sampling enthusiasts alike, the sounds can be used as full construction kits to build a track around, or individually chopped up and processed for more experimental sounds.
The sounds are available to download in 24 Bit wav format, 100% royalty free and ready to use in music, library or production tracks. Inject real class and flavour into your music with this exquisite collection of instrument loops and samples.
The sample library costs £29.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Ethnic Folklore
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Aug 12, 2011 - 0 comments
Loopmasters has launched the EarthMoments Summer Sale, a limited time sale on sample libraries from the EarthMoments labal.
EarthMoments On Sale Until The End Of August – All Products 20% Off. World Music At Its Best!
EarthMoments sample libraries
- Business Class Refugees – Producer Collection – The unique bundle unlike other samples libraries contains irresistible sound signatures and loops of 10 tracks from their successful album Kartick & Gotam – Business Class Refugees (EarthSync), offering a special experience to DJs, Composers, Musicians and Music Producers to explore and create new perspectives of the tracks.
- Distant Rhythms – The Distant Rhythms – India collection contains 443 samples of a range of Indian percussion instruments: Bass Dholak, Ghatam, Kanjira, Tabla, Khol, Moresing, Mridangam and Naqqara.
- Electro Folk India Vol 1 – Electro Folk India Vol I Bundle is a boutique collection of samples created by a fusion of the analog and the digital. Live recordings of India’s folk instruments performed by top Indian musicians have been given unique digital treatments, creating a path-breaking samples bundle. The collection pushes all soundscape boundaries and is the future sound of music.
- Electro Folk India Vol 2 – Optimised with the closest attention to detail and recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz, Volume I of this essential sound library of over 176 samples from the special series Konnakol Shiva, Galactic Khol, Bass Dholak on Pluto, Divine Mantra, Angel Sarangi, and more.
- Indian Emotions – The Indian Emotions collection contains 567 samples of a range of known and unknown Indian instruments: Bhapang, Ektara, Dotara, Dilruba, Esraj, Santoor, Sarangi, Sarod, Sitar, Slide Guitar, Veena, Vichitra Veena, Violin, Bansuri flute, Flute and Harmonium.
- Voice Of India – The Voice of India collection contains 400 samples of a range of Indian vocals styles: Bollywood, Mantras, Qawalli, Rajasthani, Konnakol, Baul, Carnatic, and Hindustani classical
- World String Series: Desert Oud – The Desert Oud Bundle delivers 384 warm and organic acoustic Oud loops played expertly on an ancient Iraqi Oud, bringing to life the rich, exotic sound of Arabia and the magic of the deserts.
- World String Series: Ethnic Violin – A must-have library, the Ethnic Violin Bundle is a warm collection of 335 ethnic violin loops played by exceptional musicians.
- World Woodwind Series – Clarinet – The Clarinet Bundle evokes a warm range of cultural emotions from the classical to the ethnic – Eastern European Jewish Klezmer and Balkan to Middle Eastern, from down tempo to upbeat.
- World Woodwind Series – Oriental Ney – The Oriental Ney Bundle is a hard-to-resist library of 246 organic and husky ethnic Ney flute loops played by exceptional musicians with unmistakable Turkish emotions, and definitive Middle Eastern colours, with signatures ranging from the down tempo to the upbeat.
- World Drum Sessions Vol 1 Middle East – Performed by top world music drummer Yoav Bunzel, who has recorded over 15 pop and rock albums, this exclusive World Drums Sessions Vol I Middle East bundle contains live drum loops and patterns of Middle Eastern grooves.
- World Drum Sessions Vol 2 Balkan Drums – Performed by top world music drummer Yoav Bunzel, who has recorded over 15 pop and rock albums, this exclusive World Drums Sessions Vol II Balkan bundle contains live drum loops and patterns of the irresistible Balkan grooves.
- World Drum Sessions Vol 3 African Drums – Performed by top world music drummer Yoav Bunzel, who has recorded over 15 pop and rock albums, this exclusive World Drums Sessions Vol III Africa bundle contains live drum loops and patterns of the irresistible African grooves.
- Yidaki Groove – This exclusive Didgeridoo Package has been optimised with the closest attention to detail, staying true to the sound with over 60 authentic samples that have been recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz, and performed by top Australian didgeridoo artist Stuart Fergie, who uses a specially customized and unique Yidaki (didgeridoo)
The EarthMoments Summer Sale is available until August 31, 2011.
More information: Loopmasters / EarthMoments
EarthMoments has released Desert Oud, the first bundle of the ultra special world strings series that explores the numerous string instruments of the world.
The Desert Oud Bundle delivers 384 warm and organic acoustic Oud loops played expertly on an ancient Iraqi Oud, bringing to life the rich, exotic sound of Arabia and the magic of the deserts.
The Iraqi Oud traditionally focuses on mid-range frequencies, played using a thin piece of wood as a plectrum.
Offering a range of different rhythms and styles from North Africa to the Middle East, this classic collection of inspiring sounds covers everything from original down tempo acoustic sessions, right through to upbeat studio hooks.
Optimised with the closest attention to detail, the Arabic Oud Bundle have been recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz.
World String Sessions: Desert Oud is available to purchase from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / World String Sessions: Desert Oud