Outsim has released version 1.1.3 of SynthMaker, a complete graphical programming environment that allows anyone to create their own VST plugins without having to write any code.
This release is all about fixes and enhancements to get the software on a sounder footing. In particular we completely changed the way that Float, Int and Boolean components integrate with stream sections. This makes the initialisation of sound processes much faster and so vastly decreases the potential for clicks when you play a note.
One other issue that had us tied in knots for a while is a change to the way that hops work. We had to change this because it was the culprit for many of the clicking problems that some people were having. I will post separately on exactly what we changed and how it might affect you. For the vast majority this will have no effect – other than to fix the clicking of course :-)
There are a few small enhancements. For example, pasting will now occur at the mouse position and text and code components retain their scroll positions. However, mostly this release is about improving stability.
Detailed information about the additions and fixes in version 1.1.3 can be found here.
SynthMaker is available for Windows PC, priced at £65 GBP / €95 EUR / $133 USD for a personal license, and £125 GBP / €185 EUR / $255 USD for a standard license.
More information: SynthMaker
Outsim has released version 1.1 of SynthMaker, an audio programming tool that allows anyone to create their own sounds, virtual instruments and effects without having to write any code.
This release focuses on reliability and contains more than 60 important bug fixes and enhancements.
Changes in SynthMaker v1.1
- New De-zipper primitive that works more efficiently and solves some of the problems in the old De-zipper module when used with MIDI cc.
- New trigger based FFT and iFFT components.
- Most of the modules have been updated and there’s a new Additive Oscillator module that uses the new iFFT.
- New components for acquiring system information such as MAC addresses and Hard Disk id of the host PC (allows for building copy protection systems).
- Lots more, check the forum for details.
Visit the SynthMaker website for more information and a link to download a 30-day trial version.
Outsim has released version 1.0.9 of SynthMaker, the audio programming tool that allows anyone to create their own sounds, virtual instruments and effects without having to write any code.
This version significantly improves loading times for schematics and exported plugins. Load times are now up to 4 times faster – even quicker in some cases.
Changes in v1.0.9
- Improved loading times for schematics and generated plugins and dlls.
- Table Read and Wave Table components now allow you to use waveforms with more than 256 pts.
- The Sysex to String component no longer fires a trigger when non-sysex MIDI events are received.
- Corrected a problem when switching schematics within SM that was causing the sound to drop.
- Image files are no longer locked when loading into SM.
- When using a second display popup tooltip help windows were being displayed on the primary display.
- Fixed several issues with module properties not displaying new properties when pinned open.
- Corrected a redraw problem with exported plugins that prevented a refresh when a window is moved over the top.
- Fixed a problem that was causing crashes with some MIDI devices.
- Deleting the Sample Pos component wasn’t removing it from the schematic correctly.
- Updated routing matrix with correct defaults when using presets.
- Updated ADSR, AHDSR and R envelopes to correct problems with stuck notes when using two envs and improved operation when using a gate.
- Updated Modules: Wave Draw Osc, ADSR, AHDSR, R, Routing Matrix.
SynthMaker is available for Windows PC and costs £125 GBP/185 EUR/$255 USD (standard edition, a personal edition is available for £65 GBP/95 EUR/$133 USD).
Just noticed this in my feed reader:
What Dashboard do you want?
As you may know the next release of FL Studio will have (the FL version) of SynthMaker included. This will not only allow you to create incredible synths & FX but also do fully functional dashboards for your hardware & software synths.
Well I for one didn’t know! This is pretty cool.
I wonder if that means these special SM synths and effects will only work with FL Studio. Would make sense right? If people start making cool synths and effects with this (and they only works with FL Studio), that would be a great selling point for FL Studio…
Looking forward to see what this will bring!
Christoph Bielen has released Uniretro, a freeware virtual analog synth made with SynthMaker.
Uniretro’s innovative sequencing and retrigger capabilities make it suitable for trance sounds.
- 3 x Multi-mode oscillators with PM and FM capabilities
- 2 x User Envelopes
- 2 x LFO
- 1 x Multimode filter
- Pitch, Trigger, Hold and Modulation sequencers
- Distortion, Decimator, Chorus and Delay effects
- 50 Presets
- Up to 4 Voices
Uniretro can be downloaded directly from SynthMaker.
Outsim has released a Personal Edition of SynthMaker.
This is a low cost option for Home users and Students who want to use the software for learning purposes or to create sounds, instruments or effects for use in their own music.
The features of the Personal Edition are exactly the same as the Standard Edition. Distribution of plugins created using the Personal Edition is permitted but the plugins must be free and carry the Made With SynthMaker badge.
The Personal Edition costs EUR 95/£ 65 (as opposed to EUR 185 /£ 125 for the Standard Edition).
Visit Outsim for more information and a link to download a trial version of SynthMaker.