, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 02, 2012
FXpansion has announced the BFD2 BFDeal, a limited time promotion for the award-winning premium acoustic drum workstation for Windows and Mac.
BFD2 is FXpansion’s flagship production workstation for acoustic drums: extreme realism and stunning sound quality, fast and easy setup and total plug-in integration in your DAW.
Assemble and tweak up to 32-piece kits, create and edit professional drum arrangements, work with mics like you’re truly mixing drums in a studio with free routing and sidechaining, custom sub-mixes and high quality built-in processing. If you’re more of a musician than an engineer, you can use the supplied drum mix presets and concentrate on your arrangements instead!
- 55GB of rare, vintage boutique and classic drums, 10 full kits, extra snares and cymbals.
- Multiple expressive articulations, each with up to 96 velocity layers.
- Built-in effects suite includes EQ, flanger, chorus, delay, bit crusher, gate, DCAM circuit-modelled filter, compressors, distortion; Overloud Breverb and much more.
- Multi-channel audio export directly within BFD2.
- Full-featured Groove creation, editing and arrangement.
BFD2 is available now from participating dealers or the FXpansion web shop for $149 USD/119 EUR/£99 GBP until 31 March, 2012 (regular $299 USD/199 EUR/£175 inc VAT).
More information: FXpansion / BFD2
Related: channel strip
, WaveMachine Labs
Posted in news
on Jan 18, 2012
WaveMachine Labs has introduced Auria, a new multi-track recording software for iPad 2.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/44.1 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks simultaneously (through any supported USB multichannel audio interface), and edit and mix with familiar tools and full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitracking.
What’s more, Auria’s 64-bit Double Precision architecture ensures ample headroom for plug-in processing and mix summing, transforming your iPad into a recording and mixing system with sound quality that rivals most DAWs.
The depth is in the details. Like customizable pan laws. Like meters that are selectable between VU and RMS. Like full delay compensation for all tracks, including aux sends and subgroups. Complete with a vintage-inspired channel strip on every channel, a dedicated master channel strip, VST plug-ins engineered by renowned makers such as PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, and support for Dropbox, Soundcloud, AAF, and MP3, Auria truly raises the bar for recording and mixing on the iPad.
- Up to 48 tracks of simultaneous playback.
- Record up to 24 tracks at once.
- VST plugin support (iOS format only).
- AAF Import and Export.
- Fully featured multitrack editor.
- Includes optional plugins from PSPaudioware, Fabfilter, and more.
WaveMachine Labs is demonstrating Auria at the Winter NAMM, Booth 6905. The app will be available in the 1st quarter of 2012.
More information: WaveMachine Labs
, effect plugins
, electric piano
Posted in news
on Dec 19, 2011
Gospel Musicians has announced a partnership with Overloud Audio Tools.
The best love to partner with the best and the Vintage Keyboard FX plugin by Overloud is one of the best vintage effects plugins for electric pianos. Teaming Neo-Soul Keys with the VKFX will solidify our place as one of the best electric piano plugins on the market. If you are one of those guys that absolutely have to have the most realistic electric piano Suitcase for your studio or live gig, then pairing these two giants together will absolutely give you the most advanced electric piano experience on the market.
All you have to do is add the Neo-Soul Keys and the VKFX plugin to your shopping cart and the cart is programmed automatically to give you the discount. You can even purchase the VKFX by itself at an amazing price as well.
Vintage Keyboard FX Suite and Neo-Soul Keys
VKFX – Vintage Keyboard FX Suite features
- VKFX includes 8 premium quality effect processors:
- Essential electric piano preamp with stereo pan/tremolo
- Envelope and Dynamic Filter (Wah)
- Phase shifter
- Analog Chorus
- Tape multitap delay
- Tube amplifier
- Highly CPU efficient coding and module layout means that users can load many instances of VKFX without the fear of watching a system’s processor overload appear, in the certain knowledge that processing quality is first class.
- Simultaneous editing of all processors is available via a friendly and intuitive interface presented in the form of a rack of independent modules.
- Module order can be rearranged by simply dragging and dropping modules to where they’re needed, giving users fast and total control over the effects.
- All rates and times can be sync’d to the DAW or internally timed, or left independent for a more ‘analog’ approach.
- All parameters are automatable. All parameters are assigned to MIDI controllers.
- A flexible file management system allows one, several or all modules to be loaded and saved – enabling easy mixing and matching of module presets saved from different sessions.
The Neo-Soul Keys and VKFX Package is available to purchase for $199.99 USD.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Vintage Keyboard FX Suite
Overloud has announced the release of BREVERB 2, the new version of its highly acclaimed reverberation plugin for Windows and Mac.
BREVERB 2 is composed by 7 different reverberation units into a single plugin, designed to meet the extremely high demands of audio professionals. They are modeled on the hardware units who wrote the history of reverberation, from the ’80s to nowadays, and range in any kind of application from mixing to post-production or from classic tones to modern and creative tones.
BREVERB 2 offers 50 new ambient spaces and more than 270 presets crafted by some of the most respected people in the music and film industry to speed up the workflow.
New in Breverb 2
- 7 main Algorithms: Hall, Room, Plate, Inverse, Spaces small, Spaces large and Sources.
- Algorithms for any application: from mixing to post-production or from classic tones to modern and creative tones.
- More than 50 ambient spaces recreated.
- More than 270 factory presets, covering any kind of ambience or application, designed by top-notch sound engineers.
- Full EQ section to tailor the frequency response of the reverb.
- Extended Nonlinear section to creatively shape your reverberation.
- Two different user interface modes: a compact interface or a hardware-like interface.
- Extremely low CPU usage: 120 stereo instances can be opened on a Core2Duo 2.4 GHz MacBookPro without any glitches or dropouts!
BREVERB 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS, AAX coming soon) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 149 EUR / $169 USD until November 11th, 2011 (regular price 199 EUR / $269 USD). Breverb users can upgrade for 79 EUR / $99 USD (99 EUR / $139 USD regular).
More information: Overloud / Breverb
Overloud has announced Musikmesse 2011 Specials, a limited time special offer on its effects and bundles.
Overloud announces MUSIKMESSE 2011 SPECIALS: during the Musikmesse days Overloud is offering 40% off all its plugins and bundles.
MUSIKMESSE SPECIALS will be available from April 6th to April 10th, 2011.
More information: Overloud
Overloud has announced the release of Mark Studio 1, a effect plugin for Windows and Mac which gives you the Markbass amplification tone.
The Mark Studio 1 plugin has been designed to faithfully simulate the sound of Markbass amplification in any DAW application or live situation.
No matter what kind of bass you use, the Mark Studio 1 plugin will always give you a very musical array of bass sound choices. It’s an indispensable tool to anyone who records on a computer and wants to improve the sound of the bass either during or after recording.
Mark Studio 1 features
- Three top-class Markbass amp models: TA501, R500 and Classic 300.
- Six Markbass cabinets: STD 151HR (rear-ported 1×15″), STD 152HR (rear-ported 2×15″), STD 104HR (rear-ported 1×15″), STD 104HF (front-ported 4×10″), STD 106HF (front-ported 6×10″), and Classic 108(sealed 8×10″).
- Choice of 6 microphones, plus a preset combination of 2 front microphones.
- Faithful reproduction of every characteristic and nuance of Markbass amps and cabinets.
- Ultra-flexible signal path makes it easy to balance the Direct (plugin) input, Line Out (amp direct Out) and Mic Output levels.
- More than one microphone can be used simultaneously: main (woofer), tweeter and, where applicable, rear bass reflex (port).
- Each mic/cabinet combination has been recorded in a high-end studio by the best Italian sound engineers.
- Ultra Bass frequency control for extra-deep sound with one mouse click.
- 64 factory presets designed by top engineers and Markbass artists and 64 storable user presets.
Mark Studio 1 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/standalone) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 129 EUR until March 31st, 2011 (regular 149 EUR). A crossgrade from TH2 is 79 EUR instead of 99 EUR during this introductory period.
More information: Overloud / Mark Studio 1