, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
, Tokyo Dawn Labs
Posted in news
on Nov 07, 2012 - 0 comments
Tokyo Dawn Labs and vladg/sound have collaborated to release the Proximity effect plug-in for Windows and Mac, as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
This plug-in is an easy to use distance “pan-pot” based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the “depth” of several sound sources in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound.
- Distance gain loss.
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air.
- Stereo width manipulation.
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone.
- Distance based early reflections.
All of them can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
Proximity is available in 32 and 64-bits versions for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
Tokyo Dawn Records has also announced it is working on also working on a major “TDR Feedback Compressor II” update and a new “TDR Sibilance Controller” plug-in.
TDR Sililance Controller vocal de-esser effect plugin.
This is a dedicated vocal de-esser designed for precise and unobtrusive reduction of offending sibilance.
The concept is based on accurate band extraction via linear phase filters (either bell or shelf shaped) and a highly specialized, level-independent sibilance detection algorithm.
Two modes are available, full-band and split-band.
More information: Tokyo Dawn Labs / Proximity
Sounds To Sample has released Riemann Kollektion 7 – TechHouse Beats, a new sample pack in the Riemann Kollektion series.
The Riemann imprint returns for its seventh sterling outing featuring 380+MB of deep, tech-tinged loops and hits from label founder Florian Meindl and guest producers, the Berlin-based pared-down techno purveyors Pan-Pot.
The Riemann Kollektion has become a turn-to brand for the freshest tech-house samples around, and in the Pan-Pot edition the mix of quality and usability reaches a zenith.
Riemann Kollektion 7 – TechHouse Beats features
- 285 24-bit Wav loops and one-shots.
- Includes beats (as many as five variants for each), Clap/Snare loops, Hi-Hat loops, Kick loops, No-kick loops, Percussion loops, Bass loops plus detailed Background loops – a vinyl and found-sound miscellany to bulk the mix. One-shots, stacked with kicks, hats and layered clap / snare combos.
- Bonus folder ‘Eruptions': longer DJ-friendly Wav tools designed for breakdowns or lead lines, with the emphasis on over-time change: with opening filters, building reverbs and spiraling delays to build tension as the loops develop.
- Loops are all tempo and key-labeled for your ease.
Riemann Kollektion 7 – TechHouse Beats is available to purchase for 24.99 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Riemann Kollektion 7 – TechHouse Beats