Results for panning and spatial
Below are the posts that should have something to do with 'panning and spatial'.
Note: Use the search form in the top right if you're looking for something specific.
McDSP has announced the release of Channel G Surround for Pro Tools 10 and 11 with support for both Mac and Windows, in AAX DSP and AAX Native plug-in formats.
Channel G Surround, like all McDSP AAX plug-ins, includes a 64-bit audio path, real-time control smoothing, and operation above 0 dB. The AAX DSP version can also share dsp chips with other AAX DSP plug-ins on Avid HDX hardware.
McDSP customers already owning the v5 version of Channel G Surround can download this update free of charge. Customers not owning Channel G Surround v5 can upgrade their plug-in at McDSP’s web store, or through their local Pro Tools dealer.
More information: McDSP
A.O.M. has released version 1.7.2 of its Invisible Limiter, Stereo Imager D, Wave Shredder, tranQulizr, and Cyclic Panner effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
All plugins has been updated to 1.7.2. This is a maintenance release but several enhancements are shipped with. Invisible Limiter has a new UI design by Ryo Asakura.
The new GUI of Invisible Limiter, a transparent look-ahead brickwall limiter with automatic attack/release-time optimization.
Changes in version 1.7.2
- [Invisible Limiter] Shipped with a new skin, designed by Ryo Asakura from Seventhgraphics.
- [Invisible Limiter] Adds “Suppress” mode in OVERSHOOT parameter. In this mode, Invisible Limiter adds small amount of reduction to signal instead of clipping in “Clip” mode. Suppress mode brings analog-like sound, such as more gentle mid-high and fatter mid-low compared with same setup in Clip mode.
- [Invisible Limiter] Sets knob’s default value to correct one. Users now can revert knob values to default by Ctrl-clicking.
- [tranQuilizr] Adds over-0dB indicator.
- [tranQuilizr] Performance improvement for 10-20%. This version is now 2.6 times faster compared with its initial release.
- [All Plugins] Add prior notice of license expiration. Notification will be displayed if days to expire is 30 or less.
- [All plugins for AAX-Native and AU] Employs new crash guards. Plugins handle internal errors more gently and record it to log file for problem resolution.
- [tranQuilizr for AAX-Native] Enables Alt+Drag operations in ProTools.
- [tranQuilizr for VST, Windows] Fixes equalizing curve was incorrectly displayed when a project is reopened in SONAR.
- [tranQuilizr] Fixes crashing bug when any band-solo is enabled.
The A.O.M. Audio Plug-ins v1.7.2 is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX).
More information: A.O.M.
QuikQuak has released UpStereo Pro, a stereo enhancer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This plug-in uses unique technology for stereo enhancement. Unlike traditional techniques that can introduce phasing and inversion effects.
UpStereo Pro uses spectral processing and is engineered to shift actual pan locations of sound around the stereo field.
UpStereo Pro features
- Stretches stereo width without using traditional phase techniques.
- Unique technology that stretches sound locations toward the stereo extremes, keeping central sounds intact.
- Punch control for enhancing or dampening initial bass or kick sounds.
- Sizzle parameter for giving high end transients a fizz and sparkle.
- Linear equaliser with 16 point spline editing.
- Waveshaper with extreme settings.
- Full linear processing.
- On screen information panels for each of the controls.
- 64 & 32-bit versions in VST and AU formats.
The plug-in is available to purchase for £25 GBP.
Holderness Media has launched Stereo Designer, an easy to use multi-purpose stereo shaper and Mid/Side processing effect for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Stereo Designer lets you easily sculpt the stereo image of input sources such as vocals, guitar and synths. Create unique wide stereo images, stereoize a mono input, apply mid/side processing and more.
Stereo Designer also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband.
Stereo Designer features
- Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.
- Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.
- Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.
- Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.
- Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.
- Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.
- Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.
- “Stereoize” mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.
- Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
Stereo Designer is now available on the App Store for $2.99 USD.
Boz Digital Labs has introduced Mono Bass, an effect plug-in that collapses low frequencies to mono.
Having a nice wide stereo spread is great, expect for when we are talking about low frequencies. Mono Bass fixes the wide bass problem by collapsing your low frequencies to mono to prevent that odd, head-turning wide bass issue. Just set your frequency, and everything below that is brought to the center.
Most of the time the effect is quite subtle (or at least it should be if your mix isn’t completely out of wack) but it definitely solidifies the low end and fixes a lot of the awkwardness of extreme panning on headphones.
Just for added measure, BDL added a width knob to the higher frequencies, making a great stereo widener without “weirdifying” the low end.
Mono Bass for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to download at no cost until January 1st, 2014 (regular $25 USD).
Cableguys has announced a public beta of FilterShaper 3, a filter, volume and pan modulation effect with an improved irresistible waveform editor, growing sound library and slick interface.
For advanced, multi-band sidechain compression. For in-depth editing. For subtle variations of sound. For filter sweeps and filter drops. For chopping beats or trance-gating synths. For any, most advanced filter, volume or pan modulations.
2 filters. 60 LFOs, 50 envelope followers: You’ll have enormous modulation power at your fingertips. Even LFO amount and LFO speed can be modulated. LFOs can be MIDI-triggered, beat-synced or free-running, from very slow up to the audible range.
New Sallen-Key type filters (with filter drive) provide a sonically rich, fat resonant sound.
FilterShaper’s knobs display all modulations in real-time; oscilloscopes show you the incoming and processed audio signal; a big, enlargeable waveform editor allows in-depth editing with a huge, precise oscilloscope.
FilterShaper 3 allows precise editing when needed, and sonic mayhem when wanted.
A shared online preset library gets you started, pre-filled with patches from our preset designers for (multi-band) sidechain compression, giant wobbles, evolving subtle variations and chopped beats.
The FilterShaper 3 public beta is available to download for Windows and Mac (32/64-bit, VST/AU).
FilterShaper 3 will cost 69 EUR/$89 USD. The plugin can be pre-order by purchasing FilterShaper 2 at 49 EUR/$69 USD or the Cableguys Bundle (currently 20% off), both of which will include a free upgrade to FilterShaper 3 upon its release.
Pandemic is a wholly unorthodox multiband autopan.
It features 3 bands, each one complete with a panner, stereo spreader, phase and spin controls, and an innovative modulation section which can generate anything from subtle, organic variations to creative, controlled chaos. This unique combination of features makes Pandemic a veritable panacea for lifeless tracks.
With Pandemic, get ready to unleash pandemonium.
Mutagen is a unique take on the multiband distortion concept.
It features 3 bands, 15 powerful distortion algorithms—from classic low-fi effects to custom-designed audio manglers—and an innovative Stereo Mix section, which allows you to isolate not only specific frequencies, but also specific ranges within the stereo field.
This gives you a microscopic level of precision with which to mutate your sound.
The Rack Extensions are available to purchase for $39 USD / 32 EUR each.
More information: AirRaid Audio