ToneBytes has announced Stereo Enhancer, a spatial effect plug-in for Windows.
Stereo Enhancer – is a simple VST effect plug-in for converting mono to stereo signals as well as for stereo widening.
This is possible due to the several techniques such as multi-band frequency splitting and panning, phasing one of the channel etc.
Stereo Enhancer features
- 4 built-in frequency splitter modes.
- Easy control with pop-up menus.
- 16 factory presets.
- Built-in preset manager with ability to patch name editing.
- VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Stereo Enhancer is available to download as a free (ad-supported) VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: ToneBytes / Stereo Enhancer
Cableguys has announced updated for its Curve 2 synthesizer and VolumeShaper and PanCake effect plugins.
Curve is a software synthesizer with an irresistible waveform editor, huge sound library and slick interface. Ideal for both experimentation and detailed tweaking at an excellent sound quality.
VolumeShaper is a plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From signature pumping effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced stutter to precise sample-shaping, VolumeShaper provides a wealth of creative musical effects with a visual approach to volume.
PanCake is an innovative plugin that allows you to create flexible pan modulations.
Changes in Curve 2.13. / VolumeShaper v3.1.4 / PanCake v2.0.3
- Some small bugs are fixed.
- Slightly reduced CPU usage.
- UI behaves smoother.
The updates are now available to download.
More information: Cableguys
SKnote has announced Catena, a stereo routing, splitting, mixing, multiband console in 3 rack units.
Also includes an internal mid/side matrix for mixed stereo/mid-side processing. Five stereo channels are available. Main stereo input can be split and sent to the next channel and so on. Stereo returns are split and sent again (series mode) or main stereo input is sent to every stereo channel.
Stereo returns are mixed through stereo volume controls and sent to individual outputs. Per-channel mute/bypass controls.
In multiband mode, main stereo input is split into four frequency bands with fine crossover frequency controls (24 dB/octave). Each band is sent to individual send outputs, mixed back through volume controls, sent to individual outputs. All kinds of parallel/series/multiband/mid-side processing arrangements are available for hardware chains.
- Four stereo split sections with sends.
- Series (independent channels) and parallel (main input to all channels).
- Five stereo channels with stereo volume controls (stepped).
- Four frequency bands with stepped fine controls (16 steps).
- Internal mid-side matrix.
- Stepped controls.
- Active inputs and outputs.
- XLR inputs and outputs.
Catena is available to purchase at the AES 2013 launch price of $799 USD (ex. taxes & shipping).
More information: SKnote
Mathew Lane has updated the DrMS spatial processor plugin for Windows and mac to include AAX Native 64-bit support.
DrMS is a unique spatial processor, available as AAX/RTAS/AU/VST plugin, with a wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production – going from simple MS (Mid-Side) encoding/decoding, over stereo field width and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more.
DrMS v4.0.1 features
- Native AAX64/RTAS/AU32/AU64/VST32/VST64 plugin for OS X & Windows.
- MS encoding & decoding.
- Spatial audio processing: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width.
- Mastering grade filters.
- Resonant HPF, LPF and Delay on each of the four processing sections.
- Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects.
- Full mono compatibility.
- Built in preset management system – exchange presets between hosts and platforms.
- Real world presets designed by Dylan ’3D’ Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Usher) and Emre Ramazanoglu (Shakira, Duffy, Alexander McQueen).
- Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparison.
- Smart MCU control surface layout.
The DrMS plugin is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The AAX Native 64 upgrade is free for all DrMS v3 & v4 customers. Users of earlier version can upgrade for 49 EUR. Prices ex. VAT.
More information: Mathew Lane / DrMS
Sound Magic has announced the release of Headphone Mix 3, a speaker simulation effect plug-in for Windows.
Headphone Mix 3 is a special effect unit which suitable for those who make their music on headphone monitor system. Headphone Mix 3 combines environment simulation system, frequency compensate system and HRTF technologies to emulate the speaker feelings on your headphones.
Headphone lacks the blend of two channels (Left and Right), reverb from air and reflections from human ears, which may lead to the lack of imaging and false feelings on sound field. Headphone Mix 3 solves this issue by blending both channels, adding extra reverb to the sound and applying HRTF to emulate reflections.
Headphone Mix 3 features
- A complete environment simulation system based on Reverb and HRTF.
- In-built custom HRTF algorithm which can load HRTF data to fit for different head types.
- The same Hybrid Reverb Technology used in Neo Reverb to ensure accurate environment simulation.
- Accurate modeling on Signal to Noise Ratio, Stereo Crosstalk and Frequency Respond Curve of common used playback devices. Such as Car Audio, iPhone, iPad, Andriod smart phones and Hi-end HIFI system.
- Three bands frequency compensate system.
- A.I.R.C technology which can compensate the loss in high frequency.
- 3 sliders to control the effect depth.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Headphone Mix 3 for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) costs 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Headphone Mix 3
J1000 has announced the release of the MQ55 mixing equalizer and SX36 stereo processor, two free effect plug-in for Windows.
The MQ55 equalizer is based on the MQ57, optimized for mixing.
Parametric mixing equalizer based on MQ57. Most of the functions are the same, except that MQ55 operates only in stereo mode, has more flexible pass filters and has gain ratio that acts like dry/wet control. This is my go-to EQ for music production.
- 7 parametric minimum-phase stereo filters, 5 of them are peak, 2 are shelf.
- Functions and ranges optimized for mixing tasks.
- HP and LP filters with two selectable slopes (1st & 2nd order for HP, 2nd & 4th for LP filter).
- Ratio knob that serves as a overall gain multiplier.
- Possible monitoring for each peak filter.
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption.
- No introduced harmonic or dynamic distortion.
The SX36 is a three-band stereo processor.
Three-band stereo processor that separates audio into low, mid and high frequencies and lets you manipulate their stereo properties – width and panning or rotation. Crossover points are easily adjusted with single knob. It has simple meters for each range showing correlation or panning. High-pass filter cuts unwanted frequencies on side channel for more stable bass.
- Three spectrum ranges with identical stereo and gain controls.
- Choice between rotation and classic panning for each range.
- First order (6dB/octave) crossover to preserve spectrum fluidity as much as possible.
- Simple correlation and panning meters with two speeds of operation.
- Dedicated, auto-monitoring side channel HP filter (12dB/octave).
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption.
J1000 has also updated the MQ57 equalizer to version 1.11.
Changes in MQ57 v1.11
- Removed audible clicks on knob resets.
- LED indicators for filter monitoring.
- Small GUI redesign.
J1000 plug-ins are available to download as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: J1000
Mildon Studios has released Spike Panner, a level-triggered panning effect plug-in for Windows.
Spike Panner, the first in a new set of creative mixing plugins (a sequel to last year’s Provoc/SLVR series), automatically pans your audio when it reaches your set threshold.
It allows you to take control of the center of the stereo image and create interesting spatial movement. One of its many possible uses is to allow the placing of more instruments in the center without drowning important elements like kick, bass, and vocals.
Spike Panner features
- Threshold control and monitor.
- Panning control and monitor.
- Attack and Release controls.
- Input and Output level controls.
The Spike Panner plug-in costs $36 USD. It is currently on sale at a 50% discount.
More information: Mildon Studios / Spike Panner
Saltline has announced it is offering its Cadence effect plug-in on its Facebook page for a limited time.
This month you can download our first VST effect (Cadence) for free, available now until the end of July.
All you need to do is “like” our page to get your hands on this LFO driven filter and pan effect.
The Cadence VST effect plug-in for Windows is available as a free download for Saltline Facebook fans, throughout July.
More information: Saltline at Facebook