, bit crusher
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Aug 07, 2012
2CAudio has released B2, a spatial processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
B2 is a modular dual-engine, non-linear spatial processor featuring built-in harmonic distortion and flexible dynamics.
It is our most advanced plug-in to date and is capable of both mind-bending creative effects that defy classification as well as stunningly lush reverbs. Its modular design enables an almost infinite variety of sonic possibilities.
B2′s dual engine design augments its modularity by allowing both engines to have completely independent settings and be configured in a vast number of possible structures.
- Two identical and independent engines.
- Pervasive non-linearity and controlled randomness providing unique character and excitement.
- Non-linear distortion ranging from subtle saturation to extreme bit-crushing.
- Parallel as well as serial and hybrid configurations via Cascade.
- Modular design that gives limitless configurations and minimizes CPU usage.
- Extreme range in density ranging from a single delay to full white noise as well as complex & clustered IRs.
- Two dynamics modules providing Gating, Ducking, Auto Gain, and more.
- Well-designed and ergonomic GUI which organizes deep complexity into a simple and enjoyable workflow.
- Huge number of novel and unique Damping and EQ filter types.
- Complex and Extreme Stereo Modes.
- Advanced Conservation of Energy scheme that maintains RMS levels when editing presets.
- Comprehensive Factory Presets and Preset Browser.
- Engine Templates to facilitate preset design.
- Ability to load Breeze presets as Engine Presets.
- Dynamics sub-preset system that is distinct from engine presets to allow mix-and-match preset creation.
- 2x & 4x Oversampling.
- Double Precision 64bit DSP.
- Band-limited Interpolation.
- Proprietary Spectral Modulation.
- Variable Quality Modes.
- Extreme Off-line Render Modes.
- 64bit Host/OS Support on Windows (forthcoming on OSX).
- Optional global saturation and soft-limiting for added character and color.
The B2 plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until September 1st, 2012 (regular $249 USD).
More information: 2CAudio / B2 Spacial Processor
Mathew Lane has released version 4 of the DrMS spatial processor effect.
DrMS spatial processor presents a creative new approach to the manipulation of stereo audio. It is based on MS (Mid-Side) processing, but DrMS splits the stereo signal into four parts rather than the normal two, giving you an unprecedented level of control: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width or any combination and more. DrMS takes you wherever you want to go in the stereo field.
Matthew Lane’s DrMS spatial processor for mixing, mastering and post production.
DrMS v4 features
- NEW: Native 32-bit & 64-bit VST/AU/RTAS plugin for OSX & Windows. Avid AAX support is planned.
- NEW: Much lower CPU use – same high quality sound.
- NEW: Built in preset management system – exchange presets between hosts and platforms.
- NEW: Improved GUI.
- MS encoding & decoding.
- Spatial audio processing: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width.
- Mastering grade filters.
- Resonant HPF, LPF and Delay on each of the four processing sections.
- Feedback circuit for reverb creation and special effects.
- Full mono compatibility.
- Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparision.
- Smart MCU control surface layout.
- Wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production, going from simple MS encoding/decoding, over stereo field and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more.
- Presets developed by Dylan ’3D’ Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Usher) and Emre Ramazanoglu (Shakira, Duffy, Alexander McQueen).
- Authorisation with iLok (v4.0) or with choice of using iLok or Challenge/Response (v3.3).
DrMS for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 99 EUR (excl. VAT).
More information: Mathew Lane
Tone2 has announced the release of AkustiX Enhancer version 1.1, including major enhancements in sound quality, performance, lower latency, per channel insert support and 64 bit
AkustiX Enhancer is a collection of enhancement effects designed to complement the mix and mastering process. Combined into an intuitive user interface AkustiX offers six powerful mixing effects: Psycho EQ, Stereo Width, Ultra Stereo, Phase Enhance, Multi-Exciter and Smart Filter.
Each effect is based on the latest developments in psycho-acoustic research and offers multiple ways to customize your recordings by using psycho-acoustic processing to further shape and enhance your sound.
Tone2 AkustiX Enhancer – 6 effects to complement your track and mastering process.
Changes in AkustiX v1.1
- Enhanced performance.
- Reduced latency.
- Enhanced sound for Virtual Surround, Silky Surround, Tone, Diffuse Cream, Noise Reduction and Clarity Enhance.
- New Exciter algorithm.
- Faster loading.
- Enhanced re-sampling in 48, 88 & 96 kHz.
- New features:
- Smart installers for PC and Mac which automatically detect the plugin directory.
- 64 bit Mac versions (VST and AU plugin; universal binary; requires OSX 10.5 or higher).
- 0 ms latency (if the host software supports it).
- Additional HF filter for 88 & 96 kHz for smoother sound.
- Fixed an exotic bug where programs were not loaded properly.
AkustiX for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 59 EUR. The update is free for all AkustiX customers.
More information: Tone2 / AkustiX Enhancer
G-Sonique has announced the Monitor MSX5 headphone monitoring system, a spatial effect plug-in for Windows.
G-Sonique Monitor MSX5 VST plug-in moves these basic spatial processing principles/algorithms forward and offers a comfortable and precise way of mixing on your headphones. (all used algorithms were fine-tuned for professional mixing purposes).
G-Sonique Monitor MSX5 allows for comfortable and precise mixing on your headphones.
Monitor MSX5 features
- Simulation of monitor rotation angle and distance.
- Center balance attenuates level of phantom center to hear wider stereo signal.
- Main volume controls output volume of the complete system.
- Monitor/Speaker simulations for (Bass) Woofer size and (Treble) Tweeter sharpness/sound aggression.
- Control dry (pure headphone sound) and wet (monitor sound simulation) signal.
Monitor MSX5 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 39 EUR for the first 50 customers (regular 45.90 EUR).
More information: G-Sonique / Monitor MSX5
Maggot Software has announced Spanner, a powerful surround channel manager, panner, remapper and downmix plugin for AVID Pro Tools.
It is the result of years of personal frustration with the Pro Tools panner and bussing setup and solves many of the common complaints about the surround workflow in Pro Tools.
If you ever work in surround you’ll appreciate this plugin I’m sure, but if mixing-in-the-box is your thing you’re going to see this as a major step forward.
- True surround panner.
- Up and down-sizes multiple track formats.
- Infinitely flexible folddown with Audiosuite support.
- Pre-fade lfe send.
- Panner window follows track selection.
- Post-pan meters in mix and edit windows.
- Double-precision, low CPU overhead.
Spanner for Mac (AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through April, 2012 (regular $249 USD).
More information: Maggot Software / Spanner
Tonebytes has updated the Pedals free effect plug-in for Windows to version 0.91.
Pedals — is a VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed for processing electric guitar and bass. It is also possible to process other audio sources for a variety of artistic techniques.
For more convenience, Pedals’ GUI simulates real devices for sound processing: guitar pedals, amplifiers, speakers, etc. There are a total of 20 models of pedals, 2 amps, 7 speakers models and 3 rack units. These devices are not a copy of the real-life models, each with their own sound, but their working principles are identical.
Changes in Pedals v0.91
- New: preset manager now has ability to patch name editing.
- New: new effect pedal – Autopanner.
- Some minor bugfixes.
Pedals for Windows (VST) is available as freeware.
More information: Tonebytes / Pedals