IOSONO has introduced Anymix, an innovative surround mixing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Anymix is the perfect solution for an easy, yet precise creation of surround mixes. It offers a wealth of features for individual panning and high-quality upmixing. The plug-in comes with a broad selection of up- and downmix preferences tailored to be used in post-production, broadcast, music and game sound design. Anymix doesn’t only redistribute audio material to a certain output configuration, but gives you full control over important parameters, turning the mono or stereo mix into an ultra-realistic surround scenario.
- Ultra-realistic surround sound from mono up to 8.1 and backwards – With Anymix you can create up to 8.1 surround mixes from any format – and backwards! This can be done using the upmix feature or the built-in panning mode.
- Extensive channel movements and setup of single sources – Each input channel can easily be edited. You can adopt the position, delay, volume, LFE-gain and the spreading/size of the channel to your personal preferences. This enables you to create a setup tailored to your individual production.
- Distant-dependant adjustment of loudness and timbre* – To create immersive mixes even faster, Anymix Pro allows you to automatically change gain, delay and a shelf EQ according to the distance of the audio channel to the listener. This can be used to create a sense of distance automatically without automating these parameters in your DAW.
- Flexible and easy upmix – The built-in upmix feature can be used to convert between different input and output formats. Using Anymix Essential, you can choose one of the industry-standard formats from the dropdown menu. Activate the upmix mode and choose one of the presets to achieve the desired spatial impression. And, you’re done!
- Full control over ambience and direct signal share* – The Pro version allows you to separately control the share of direct and ambient sounds. All aspects of the upmix, including stage width, rotation, divergence, gain and more can be adjusted to your preferences and the final upmix can be moved freely within the listening area.
* only available in Anymix Pro
Anymix for Windows and Mac (VST/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 150 EUR (Pro) / 80 EUR (Essential) until March 31, 2012. Prices include 19% VAT.
More information: IOSONO / Anymix
Games From Mars has released GFM Psypan and GFM Distort, two free effect plug-in for Windows.
GFM Psypan and Distort plugins
GFM Psypan features
- Usable “out-of-head” panning plugin.
- No filtering or reverb added.
- 64-taps sinc interpolation.
- Preserve transients.
- 2% CPU.
GFM Distort features
- Gritty, digital distortion with low aliasing.
- Best used with drums and acid leads.
- Probably not for guitars.
- 1% CPU.
Both VST plug-ins for Windows are available to download as freeware.
More information: Games From Mars
ToneBoosters has updated its audio processing effect plugins for Windows and Mac to version 2.5, including the release of TB OmniSone.
TB OmniSone is a zero-latency VST plugin to (re-)pan sound sources, even outside the loudspeaker base.
It also allows for increasing the perceived ‘width’ or spatial extent, and depending on the spectral content, may allow to subtly modify the perceived height of a source. Simply position the handles to change the desired position of each input signal, and use the mouse wheel to modify the spatial width.
Changes in ToneBoosters plug-ins v2.5
- All plugins
- VU meter peak hold values have been extended beyond the visible range for more accurate peak tracking.
- Various CPU load optimizations.
- All GUIs have been enhanced.
- Plugins are now compatible with OSX Lion.
- No more PPC support on Mac.
- Fixed mousewheel control of knobs with non-linear behavior.
- Added new auto-saturation module for better transparency and warmer character.
- Added quantizer/dithering/perceptual noise shaping modules for high-quality bit-depth reduction.
- CPU load reduction for true-peak / ISP detection.
- Output gain parameter changed to maximum output peak variable for more consistent gain handling.
- First release of OmniSone spatial image processor
- Complete re-design of de-essing algorithm – please check settings for DAW projects created with older DeEsser releases.
- DeEsser now functions indepedent of signal levels (as opposed to a multi-band compressor approach).
- Added GUI elements to visualize the detected amount of sibilance.
- Added control to change amount of de-essing independent from threshold/sensitivity.
- Listen mode now only passes the removed sibilance as output.
- EBULoudness and EBUCompact
- Resolved plugin reset issue in some hosts when stopping playback.
- Removed gating mechanism from ATSC A/85 mode for ATSC standard compliance.
- CPU load reduction.
- Compressor and EZCompressor
- Added a new vintage/classic compressor mode for colored compression, especially suitable for buss processing and to glue tracks together.
TB OmniSone for Windows and Mac (VST) is available to download at no cost.
More information: ToneBoosters / OmniSone
ThePriest has released a beta version of ChannelTools, a free VST effect plug-in for Windows.
ChannelTools is a freeware VST plug-in to perform various tasks, primarily to control and analyze the levels of signals and to check and modify the stereo image.
- Written in C++, unique buggy :) DSP algorithms developed by myself.
- Awful GUI designed by myself.
- Purely digital, not analog modeled.
- Two gain faders with leds for activity (green leds) and clip (red leds).
- Configurable gain smoothing.
- Stereo width fader (0 to 200 %) with correlation meter.
- Pan fader with “stereo position meter”.
- Swap left and right channels.
- Invert phase.
- Limiter (hard limiter, not analog modeled, digital).
- Metering (peak and RMS).
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point internal processing engine.
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point audio output on VST 2.4 compatible hosts.
- Full automation support.
- Any sample rate supported.
- Zero latency.
More information: ChannelTools
G-Sonique has announced the release of Mid-Side Stereophonic Harmonic Generator/Vitalizer+, an effect plug-in for Windows.
Mid-Side: stereophonic harmonic generator/vitalizer+ is a stereo enhancer and processor with brand new technology for vitalizing, coloring, controlling, adjusting and widening stereo material (the side part of a signal) as well as adding 3D space, width and depth to the mixes. Mid-Side: SHG/V+ is a useful tool for mixing and mastering.
Mid-Side: SHG/V+ features
- Mid (mono) level slider for attenuating or boosting the Mid (mono) part of the sound by up to twice the amount.
- Side (stereo) level slider for attenuating or boosting the Side (stereo) part of the sound by up to 3 times more.
- Side harmonic generator 2. – module that filters a defined frequency range of the side (stereo) signal within a certain bandwidth, by a frequency and bandwidth (Q) knob. Additionally you can generate higher harmonics of this band or add analogue color (by harmonics knob) and boost this frequency band of the side part of the signal.
- Side harmonic generator 1. – similar module with an added additional time delay knob, by which you can delay selected and effected frequency bands of the side part of the signal by a few milliseconds (0-350ms) to add more ambiance, space and reverb effects.
- Side signal module to set additional parameters of the side (stereo) extracted part of the signal such as : .
- Original side signal mix level knob to set how much of the full frequency (20hz-20khz) signal of the extracted side (stereo) part of the sound will be mixed with the filtered side signals from the Side harmonic generators 1 and 2.
- Side signal total delay knob for very transparent (almost inaudible) signal delay of SIDE (stereo) part of signal towards the MID (mono) part of signal to create a better ambiance, depth and stereoscopic atmosphere of the effected sound/channel.
- Bypass for comparing your track with and without the effect.
- Dry/Wet knob for precise setting how much of effect will be applied.
- Preset manager with 15 precisely selected example presets for mix and mastering.
Mid-Side: SHG/V+ for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 12.90 EUR for first 100 customers (regular price 24.90 EUR)
More information: G-Sonique / Mid-Side: SHG/V+
The Lower Rhythm has released Spread Eagle, a spatial effect plug-in for Windows.
A different breed of imaging processor, Spread Eagle clones your stereo input and gives you full pan, level, and filter (low or high pass) control over three copies of the signal before merging it back together into a stereo output.
With an additional toggle for phase inversion you can mix, match and blend different sounding copies of your source to get that perfect stereo field placement.
Spread Eagle features
- Three distinct stereo channels.
- Channel-dedicated panning.
- Channel-dedicated LP / HP filtering (12dB/oct).
- Channel-dedicated phase inverters.
Spread Eagle for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $7.99 USD.
More information: The Lower Rhtyhm