Sampleism has announced the release of Vibraphone, a virtual instrument by Paper Stone Instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The PSI Vibraphone is a 1.9GB 37 note virtual instrument using Native Instruments lossless .ncw compressed format samples. Each note of our 1960s 3 octave Premier 751 vibraphone has been meticulously sampled in our cinematic live room.
There are 4 main instruments: Sustain (pedalled) with soft and medium felt beaters, Staccato (unpedalled) with medium felt and hard (rubber) beaters. All 4 have 3 velocity levels. There are also 3 bonus instrument: Muted (hand muted unpedalled), Soft beater Vibrato and medium beater Vibrato (both using the original 1960s tremolo effect). All 7 instruments were sampled using 3 pairs of stereo mics: centre (close) Stereo (wide) Room (distant).
The resulting instrument is lush and warm and playable in the full retail version of Kontakt V4.2.3 or above. (not the free Kontakt Player)
The Vibraphone library is available from Sampleism for RRP £29.99 GBP.
More information: Sampleism / PSI Vibraphone
VST Buzz has announced a sale on the Paper Stone Instruments Bundle, offering a 40% discount for a limited time.
Paper Stone Instruments Bundle
- The Clap – Produce natural sounding clapping rhythms with hugely editable parameters that can be adjusted to fit into any mix. Choose from 1 to 13 clappers and then the mic mix.
- The Palm Mute Piano – A unique Kontakt instrument created by meticulously sampling a Grand Piano using finger dampening to create what is essentially a brand new instrument.
- The German Log Drum – An 8 note Oak Log Drum in Bb major pentatonic.
The bundle is available to purchase for $61 USD until July 30th, 2013.
More information: VST Buzz
Paper Stone Instruments has introduced Palm Mute Piano, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Palm Mute Piano is a 2.6GB 64 note Kontakt instrument. Each note of our PaperStone Grand Piano has been meticulously sampled using finger dampening, resulting in a unique cinematic tone. The PaperStone house piano is a Danemann Grand Piano 6’8″; Mahogany c1960, chosen for it’s rich character and mellow tone. Perfect for cinematic and jazz music.
It has been sampled in short (staccato) long (sustain) and pedalled articulations at 3 velocity levels, with 5 microphones: Close (mono) Stereo and Room.
The Palm Mute Piano was recorded in Studio 2 of Paper Stone Studios in Nottingham, UK (a converted cinema auditorium dating back to 1914).
Palm Mute Piano features
- 4 Patches in NKI format
- PMP Full (Complete with all articulations and dynamic keyswitching)
- PMP Staccato (Lighter version with just the Staccato articulation loaded)
- PMP Pedalled (Lighter version with just the Pedalled articulation loaded)
- PMP Sustain (Lighter version with just the Sustain articulation loaded)
- 1737 stereo samples recorded at 24bit 44.1 KHz.
- Original user interface and advanced custom scripting engine.
The Palm Mute Piano is available exclusively at Sampleism, priced at £22.99 GBP until the end of May (RRP £34.99 GBP).
More information: Paper Stone Instruments / Palm Mute Piano