Patchpool has announced Spectral Excursions, a new soundset for the Spectral synthesizer by LinPlug.
This soundset comprises 100 patches for LinPlug’s Spectral, reaching from complex experimental textures to evolving pads and dark drones to playful sequences, bells and chimes to rich harmonic textures and exceptional noises.
All waveforms and filter shapes in this soundset are programmed from scratch, exploring new and exciting sonic territories.
Spectral Excursion features
- 100 presets for LinPlug Spectral.
- Modwheel assigned for most of the patches, many also use Aftertouch.
The soundset is scheduled for release in early January 2014, priced at 25 EUR. A pre-order is available now for 20 EUR (save 20%).
More information: Patchpool / Spectral Excursions
Patchpool has announced Sonic Cinema, a sound library for the HALion 5 instrument from Steinberg.
This sound library comprises dozens of cinematic soundscapes, evocative pads and musical textures designed for producing epic soundtracks, ambient music and anything that needs inspiring sonic ingredients beyond the ordinary.
Sonic Cinema also contains dark cinematic brass instruments made with/derived from sampled instruments like the sousaphone, trombone, euphonium and french horn which were exclusively recorded for this library, mainly in a dry studio environment. Some of the french horn recordings were conducted in a church.
The patches will combine HALions outstanding granular engine, the normal sampling mode and the very versatile synth module. Eight Macros and the Modwheel are programmed for each preset to enable the user to deeply interact with the sounds, some patches also use Aftertouch, Sphere-modulation, FlexPhrasers and keyswitches.
The library will be distributed as a protected HALion sound-archive for the sample content and tagged vst3-presets.
The soundset will comprise ~100 presets (2.5 to 3GB of samples) and is scheduled for release in January 2014. A pre-order of the library is now available for 44 EUR, a 20% discount on the regular price of 55 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Sonic Cinema
Patchpool has launched Scattered Entity, a sound library for the MachFive instrument from MOTU.
Scattered Entity Vol. 1 is the first library in a series of releases for MachFive 3.
Over time an entire universe of sounds for this extremely versatile electronic instrument will be created, combining the beauty and natural expression of acoustic instruments with the unlimited possibilities of state-of-the-art sound design.
Scattered Entity features
- 4.38 GB of samples (wav/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit)
- 121 patches/instruments + 8 variations, combining all synthesis methods available in MachFive.
- Multisampled instruments, pure and and combined with electronics: Evolving pads, Vocal textures, Experimental and abstract textures, Cinematic and ominous soundscapes and drones, Complex sequencers, Processed field recordings, Orchestral sounds derived from orchestral recordings of my own music.
- Sampled Instruments: Celtic harp with 27 strings – multisampled with several velocity layers and round robin, harp glissandi, bisbigliando and more, Timpani, Waterphone, other string instruments (violin, piano, cello), Woodwinds (sax/duduk), Chromatic and achromatic percussion (Thai gongs, Tamtam, bowed and beaten vibraphone, tibetan singing bowls, Glockenspiel).
- 20 patches have custom scripting for extended sound manipulation features and a user interface, all non-scripted patches have the Modwheel and the 8 Macros assigned in the info tab, many also use Aftertouch.
The soundset is available to purchase for 79 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Scattered Entity
Patchpool has announced the release of MetaVox, a sound library for the Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer by Camel Audio.
MetaVox for Alchemy is build around the exceptional overtone and throat singing of Gareth Lubbe, a true master of his craft. As Gareth is actually a professional orchestral viola player this library also contains several patches with viola sounds, the viola being a string instrument with a great resemblance to the human voice. During the recording session we also recorded duets of Gareth singing and playing the viola at the same time, these sample make for some more beautiful and wondrous sounds in Alchemy.
There are also patches with female vocals, using samples which were recorded during a recent session with Frauke Albert, a renown German vocalist (soprano), working mainly in the field of contemporary music.
As an additional string instrument some sounds also use violin samples, another instrument which has a very voice-like character and blends beautifully with the vocals sounds in this library.
- 1.8 Gigabyte of original samples (wav) and resynthed files (.aaz).
- 56 patches with 8 variations each in Alchemy’s Remix Pad, all Performance Controllers and both x/y-pads are assigned for each patch.
- All samples in this library were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- Requires full version of Alchemy (version 1.55 and higher). It does not work with the Alchemy player version.
MetaVox is available to purchase for 36 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / MetaVox
Patchpool has announced MetaVox, a sample library for the Alchemy sample manipulation instrument by Camel Audio.
MetaVox for Alchemy focusses on the exceptional overtone singing of Gareth Lubbe, a true master of his craft who recently became the first professor for overtone singing in Germany. As Gareth is actually a professional orchestral viola player this library also contains several patches with viola sounds, the viola being a string instrument with a great resemblance to the human voice. During the recording session we also recorded duets of Gareth singing and playing the viola at the same time, these sample will make for some more beautiful and wondrous Alchemy sounds.
There will also be several patches with female vocals using samples which were recorded during a recent session with Frauke Albert, a renown german vocalist (soprano), working mainly in the field of contemprary music.
As an additional string instrument I will also use some recently recorded violin samples, another instrument which has a very voice-like character and blends beautifully with the vocals sounds in this library.
Besides using the original vocal and string samples (and resynthed derivatives thereof) for making the Alchemy patches, I am fascinated in the microcosmic interior of harmonics, so I am producing quite a few electronic derivatives of the samples, created by e.g. detaching the harmonics from the root note, then deleting the root note only leaving the harmonics which are then furtherly processed, timestretched, spectralized, tuned to a tempered scale and more.
The MetaVox library is scheduled for release on September 9th, 2013. It is available to pre-order for 28 EUR (20% off regular 35 EUR).
More information: Patchpool / MetaVox