Patchworks has released version 1.3 of the Conductr Ableton Live controller app, which now includes CLAYDR, a smart & user friendly MIDI keyboard that makes sense on an iPad.
Until today, Conductr was best known as a live performing-oriented Ableton controller app. But the developers want to keep the app growing and expanding its possibilities as much as possible.
Now, Conductr gets into the production realm with the release of CLAYDR, a keyboard designed to improve every artist’s composition and performance with some unique features.
Claydr works as a MIDI keyboard that allows you to play with any instrument featured in Ableton Live. It will help you to transform your ideas into music, no matter how great or not so great your skills are: Claydr features an extremely versatile chord & scales generator and can even correct out of scale notes when linked to a MIDI hardware keyboard.
- 4 rows onscreen: each row can contain a different octave and can be edited independently.
- Each row’s settings include functions such as Add Note, Velocity (3 different modes), Spread, Random, Hold and Bend.
- More parameters can be controlled using the Claydr Shift Mode: Scale Selection (58 different options), Key mode and Chromatic mode.
The Conductr free basic version includes a one row and one scale only version of Claydr. Users can purchase Claydr Premium to get 4 rows onscreen and 58 scales. All previous Conductr Premium Full Pack owners will get Claydr’s complete version for free.
More information: Conductr
Patchworks has released version 1.2 of the Conductr Ableton Live controller app for iPad app, featuring a new 4-dimensional XY pad.
After its successful transition to a freemium model last June, Conductr takes a step further and launches a long awaited feature: the XY-4D pad.
Many Conductr users have been asking for an XY pad for months. But the Conductr developers didn’t want to release a XY just like any other. So they took their time to create the Conductr XY-4D pad.
A Conductr XY-4D pad can be created just like a User Module, and can contain 4 fx units. Each unit allows you to control up to 4 parameters: one horizontally (X), one vertically (Y), one by pinching (Z) and one on/off parameter when tapping (K). So you can control up to 16 parameters in a single module, and even have up to 64 parameters at your fingertips in the Playground with the 4 user modules view mode.
Last but not least: each XY-4D unit has a reset and a freeze mode. You can go as crazy as you want and never get lost.
Changes in Conductr v1.2
- New: 4-dimensional XY pad:
- Each XY-4D pad can contain up to 4 fx units.
- Control up to 4 parameters in a single fx unit: one horizontally (X), one vertically (Y), one by pinching (Z) and one on/off parameter by tapping (K).
- Each fx unit has a reset and a freeze mode.
- Control 16 parameters in a single XY-4D pad.
- Control up to 64 parameters with the Playground’s 4 User Modules view mode.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
From now on, the Conductr free basic version will include one XY-4D fx unit. Users can purchase the Premium User Modules to get unlimited User Modules featuring a complete XY-4D pad on each module.
More information: Conductr
Patchworks has announced the release of a free version of Conductr, the Ableton Live controller app for iPad.
Conductr was launched in September 2013. During the last nine months, we’ve got an amazing feedback from both professional and amateur musicians — you can check some of their opinions about Conductr in our Artists portfolio. Reviewers, certified trainers and institutions like Point Blank and the Berklee College of Music have given us extremely positive feedback for our app.
This has motivated us to take a big leap forward: we want everybody to love Conductr as much as us and our supporters do.
So from now on, CONDUCTR IS A FREE APP.
From today, you can download a basic version of Conductr for free which will allow you to control 4 tracks and 11 scenes on any Ableton Live set. You can also create 2 user modules, each one can integrate up to 8 parameters from any device on any track of your set.
You can make in-app purchases for different premium modules and packs to get unlimited features and personalize Conductr based on your needs.
This update also includes a Sends Mode in the Mixer Module, a Mute Hiding button and the possibility to save your projects’ complete set-ups — features many of our early adopters demanded.
In upcoming weeks, new modules will be launched.
More information: Conductr
Patchworks has introduced CONDUCTR, an Ableton Live controller for iPad specifically designed for live performance.
CONDUCTR is made by musicians for musicians.
CONDUCTR is also a whole new approach to software control devices for touch surfaces, based on functionality, adaptability and intuitivity.
CONDUCTR is about playing music. Forget about dozens of microscopic buttons, tiny knobs and short faders on screen. Let’s keep things simple: when you play live you don’t really need to see everything all the time.
It’s all about the bit you want to focus on. So the CONDUCTR interface is ergonomic and adapts to every artist specific and momentary needs, giving you the chance to work only with the parameters you need at any given time.
Oh, and you can even play it without watching the iPad: with CONDUCTR’s intelligent motion capture feature, you can assign a certain gesture to a any parameter, like one, two, three, four or five fingers, and be sure of what you are doing without looking at the controller’s interface.
CONDUCTR will evolve within time, growing with new preset modules that users will be able to add to their own configuration in order to customize it to the max.
- ERGONOMIC INTERFACE
- 4 different view modes: 4, 3, 2 or 1 views on screen.
- View modes can be changed on the fly according to any momentary need.
- Each view can contain 1 module.
- Modules can be changed on any view while playing.
- CLIPS MODULE
- Clear and simple clips grid with scene side launchers and both individual tracks and master stop buttons.
- No scroll bar needed and no extra clicking: simply drag the grid with two fingers to find the clips you are looking for!
- Clip and loop evolution bars.
- SHIFT mode to give you fast access to tracks and Master Volume and Mute.
- Up to 10 column view on 1/2 and full screen modes (5 column view on 4/4 screen mode).
- LINK function to hook up the Clips module and the Mixer module’s horizontal touch scroll.
- MIXER MODULE
- Clear and simple control of each track’s Volume and Mute.
- Smart faders.
- High-resolution clip peak meters with ultra-low latency.
- SHIFT mode for fast access to each track’s Pan smart crossfader and Solo and Record buttons.
- LOCK/UNLOCK Master Volume function.
- Track’s volume LIMITER function.
- View up to 10 tracks on 1/2 and full screen modes (5 tracks on 4/4 screen mode).
- LINK function to hook up the Mixer Module and the Clips Module’s views.
- MASTER MODULE
- Clear and simple transport unit including: MASTER VOLUME, CUE VOLUME, A/B CROSSFADER and TRANSPORT CONTROLS.
- USER MODULES
- Create as many User Modules as you want.
- Each User Module can contain up to 5 parameter controllers from any device on any track featured in your Ableton Live set.
- 4 different control interfaces: faders, crossfaders, buttons and quantized scales.
- User Modules can be created on the fly by surfing and selecting any of your set’s parameters on the iPad or through the LEARN feature.
- User Modules can be quickly edited at any time, even while playing.
- RESET feature: create parameter’s values memories and recover them whenever you want.
- LEARN FUNCTION
- Add any parameter to any User Module by simply moving it on your desktop software set while the Learn function is enabled.
- GESTURAL MODE
- Play your User Modules without watching the iPad!
- Intelligent motion capture system.
- Control different User Module parameters depending on how many fingers you use (1 to 5, from left to right) anywhere on the screen.
- SMART FADERS
- Impulse and acceleration detection system.
- Automatic snap to 0 dB and silence.
- Advanced physics.
- Upcoming new preset modules.
- Customize your CONDUCTR set-up to the max.
- PARAMETERS’ PERSISTENCE
- Each Conductr’s User Module can contain up to 5 parameters. Each parameter can belong to any device featured on any track on your Ableton Live set. This is one of the main innovations brought by Conductr and it’s been a huge technological challenge.
- What if a device previously set up on Conductr is changed on the Ableton Live set (i.e. changing its location, moving it to a different track or even deleting it)? Conductr can keep the parameters’ persistence in any of the aforementioned cases on real time.
- Conductr can even keep the persistence when a device or a track are modified on the Ableton Live set while Conductr is not enabled. When the user opens up the Conductr project related to that specific Ableton Live set, it will automatically scan the whole project and modify all the required parameters, so the user can keep on playing it without having to worry about the changes done on the Ableton Live set. No need to map it again!
Conductr for iPad is available to purchase for $21.99 USD.
More information: Conductr