Pethu has released Hahaha CS33 Evolution Edition, a special version of the CS33, skinned for use with the UC33 hardware controller. A matching template for use with the UC33 is included in the packlage.
One of the aims with the CS33 design was to provide a maximum “Synth-in-a-box” feel when used with the UC33. You can program patches from scratch never looking at the screen until it’s time to apply the final touches – expression controller tweaks, FX settings etc. The identical look of template and GUI also means you don’t have to do a “mental re-map” every time you switch from looking at the screen to looking at the controller.
The Evolution Edition is the same as the Standard Edition (apart from the way it looks), and both share the same VSTi ID, so you can only have one installed at the time.
Visit Pethu’s website for more information and a link to download Hahaha CS33 Evolution Edition and be sure to check the presets page as well.
Pethu (Per Thulin) has released Hahaha CS33 Standard Edition, a freeware VSTi sporting two oscillators and radically enhanced filter, LFO, effects, and routing options.
The gorgeous GUI was provided by Rick Christy (aka Grymmjack).
- Subtractive and Phase Modulation (PM) synthesis
- Two oscillators (called OSC1 and OSC2), each with Triangle, Saw, Square, Rectangle, Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), and White Noise (WN) waveforms. OSC1 can be synced to OSC2
- Mono sound output (except when the CHORUS effect is active)
- Monophonic and 6-voice Polyphonic modes
- One filter (called, simply, the FILTER) with 5 modes, two of which are special ”twin filter” modes
- One LFO with 5 waveforms: Sample And Hold (S/H), Ramp, Square, Saw, and Sine. LFO tempo can be freely adjusted or synced to host tempo
- Two envelope generators (called EG1 and EG2). Each can separately affect OSC1 amplitude, OSC2 amplitude, FILTER cutoff frequency, and LFO amount. EG1/EG2 levels can also be mixed, resulting in
- Keyboard velocity scaling for EG1 and EG2 amplitudes
- Expression input from Breath Controller (BC), Channel Aftertouch (AT), and Foot Pedal (PEDAL) can be used to affect AMP level and FILTER cutoff frequency
- Effects section with Distortion, Reverb, Delay, and Chorus units
- MIDI Learn function for easy mapping of the controls to a hardware MIDI controller
- Tooltip help, showing short descriptions of each control including its default MIDI Controller Code mapping
The zip file includes a comprehensive manual, which also mentions a soon to be released “Evolution Edition” of CS33, which is basically the exact same synth with a different look.
Check Pethu’s website for more information and a link to download Hahaha CS33.
Update 13-11-2006: Don’t forget to check the additional presets as well.
Pethu has released Hahaha CS01 and CS01II, two VSTi’s modelled after the Yamaha CS01 Micro-Monophonic Synthesizer.
- 4 waveforms + PWM
- 12dB lowpass filter (24dB with CS01II)
- 6-voice polyphonic
- MIDI learn
Hahaha CS01 comes with a manual and you can use the orginal Yamaha CS01 manual as well.
Check Pethu’s website for more information and a link to download Hahaha CS01.