PG Music has announced the release of Band-in-a-Box 2014, the latest version of the music software which comes with over 50 new features and enhancements and a new look.
Band-in-a-Box is so easy to use! Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7, or C13b9), choose the style you’d like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest… Band-in-a-Box automatically generates a complete professional-quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar, and strings or horns.
RealTracks add the human element of great session musicians to your songs and version 2014 offers some of the most exciting new RealTracks yet! Plus, version 2014 has a great new look with a redesigned GUI, 54 MIDI SuperTracks, 36 Artist Performances and much more!
Band-in-a-Box for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $129 USD. Band-in-a-Box 2013 users can upgrade for $49 USD.
More information: PG Music
PG Music has announced the release of Band-in-a-Box 2011 for Macintosh.
Band-in-a-Box 2011 for Macintosh is here, with over 50 new features and enhancements! We′ve made big improvements to the sounds of the RealTracks, so that they sound more natural over a much wider range of tempos with the élastique Pro V2 time stretching engine by zplane.development; not only do they sound better, the audio fidelity is improved, and RealTracks are now smaller – you can even shrink the size of your existing RealTracks, and more…
We’ve also added a huge number of RealTracks with 101 great new Jazz, Pop, and Country Styles in RealTracks Sets 102-121.
Band-in-a-Box 2011 for Mac is now available to purchase. There is special pricing on most First-time and Upgrade packages, and when you order before May 15, 2011 you’ll receive a Bonus 10-PAK of software and Add-ons absolutely free.
More information: PG Music
PG Music has released a Mac version of Band-in-a-Box 2009, a powerful and creative music composition tool for exploring and developing musical ideas with near-instantaneous feedback.
That’s right- Band-in-a-Box 2009 has just been released with major new features like RealDrums, RealTracks and the Audio Chord Wizard! Designed for MacIntel computers, this version runs directly on the Intel chip, increasing the speed of operations!
Band-in-a-Box 2009 for Macintosh features
- RealTracks – “real” instruments, including guitars, piano, bass, saxes, trumpet, trombone, pedal steel, fiddle, banjo, mandolin and many more. These tracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.).
- RealDrums – replace the MIDI Drum track with real recordings of top studio Jazz/Rock/Country drummers. These are not “samples,” but are full recordings, lasting from 1 to 8 bars at a time, playing along in perfect sync with the other Band-in-a-Box tracks.
- No MIDI – you can use the RealTracks just like any other Band-in-a-Box styles. Previous Band-in-a-Box styles were all MIDI instruments. Now the styles can have both MIDI and RealTracks instruments, or they can be RealStyles – which are styles that are all RealTracks, with no MIDI instruments.
- RealCharts – many RealTracks can also display notation showing the notes that are being played. This is a great educational feature, allowing you to see the performance on the on-screen piano, guitar, or notation. Some Guitar RealTracks also show tab, and accurate on-screen fretboard guitar display to show what is being played on guitar. The RealCharts can be saved to MIDI file or Songs (MGU).
- Audio Chord Wizard – automatically figures out the chords from MP4A files (or other audio files like AIFF, M4A, and audio CD etc.). You can use the Audio Chord Wizard standalone, or with Band-in-a-Box (since you can import the chords from Audio Chord Wizard into Band-in-a-Box).
- “Direct-to-Disk” Audio Rendering, converting a song to audio format, usually to an AIFF, M4A or other audio file. Now you can render directly to disk.
- The Reharmonist, generate chords for a melody, or an improved chord progression for a melody with the new Reharmonist feature. This feature generates a chord progression in the genre that you choose, based only on the melody.
- Lots more.
Band-in-a-Box 2009 for Macintosh is available for purchase starting at $129 USD.
Visit PG Music for more information.
PG Music has released RealBand 2008.5, a fully-featured and powerful music arranging, sequencing, and digital recording program.
RealBand is a new program that combines the most popular features from PG Music’s PowerTracks Pro Audio and Band-in-a-Box programs into an all-in-one sequencing program with automatic accompaniment. With RealBand you can create an arrangement with Band-in-a-Box tracks; type in the chords, add RealTracks and RealDrums that follow the chord changes, add your own tracks, and then edit and produce the finished song without ever leaving the program!
RealBand 2008.5 features
- Intelligent automatic accompaniment by Band-in-a-Box.
- RealTracks and RealDrums – automatic live instrument parts.
- Generate an entire song or parts of a song.
- The amazing Audio Chord Wizard figures out the chords from any MP3 or other audio files and writes them to the Chords window in RealBand.
- MIDI music can be displayed in standard music notation on the screen and using the on-screen piano keyboard or guitar fretboard.
- 48-track MIDI/audio mixer with multiple FX busses (up to 16 effects per track).
- Support for popular audio file formats – MP3, WMA, WMV, WAV, and CDA.
- Built-in DirectX audio effects.
- DirectX and VST plug-ins supported.
- Band-in-a-Box files load directly.
- Compatible with all Band-in-a-Box styles and Real instruments.
- Shares native .SEQ file type with PowerTracks Pro Audio, directly compatible.
- Professional recording, editing, and playback features.
- Supports all major audio and MIDI file types, including PG Music’s PowerTracks Pro Audio files (*.SEQ) and Band-in-a-Box files (*.?G?).
- Support for MIDI and Karaoke files.
- Karaoke lyrics window.
- Piano roll window with graphic controller editing.
- Onscreen notation and lead sheet style printout.
- Virtual guitar fretboard and piano keyboard.
- …and much more!
RealBand 2008.5 is available for Windows PC for $129 USD (It is included with MegaPAK 2008.5, SuperPAK 2008.5, and UltraPAK 2008.5 as well).
Visit PG Music for more information.
PG Music has released Band-in-a-Box 2008, the latest version of this intelligent automatic accompaniment software application.
New in Band-in-a-Box 2008:
- RealTracks, three additional “Real” instruments, including Real Pedal Steel, Real Acoustic Guitar, and Tenor Sax soloing (RealSax).
- MultiStyles, styles that can have anywhere from 4 to 24 substyles.
- Section Paragraphs, whenever a new section occurs (a part marker), Band-in-a-Box starts the new section on a new line, and draws a grey line above to clearly mark the new section.
- Medley Maker, simply select the songs that you want, and Band-in-a-Box will make the medley for you.
- Find File, find a Band-in-a-Box song (or any file that BB can open), including filtering by words found in file name or any text in the file.
- Change of Key Signature at any Bar.
- Import Song.
- Karaoke MP3/CDG Files.
- Enhancements: Audio Chord Wizard, GUI, RealDrums, StylePicker, StyleMaker, Style Wizard, Notation Window and more…
Band-in-a-Box is available for Windows PC and Mac. Prices start at $129 USD for the Pro version.
Visit PG Music for more information and a link to download a demo of Band-in-a-Box 2008.
Coyote Electronics has released ForteDXi v1.2. ForteDXi is a sample player designed for use with DirectX-compatible host programs (eg. Band In a Box, from PG Music). Its 128 high-quality sampled instruments offer a sound quality … read more
PG Music has released Band-in-a-Box 2006 for Windows, with over fifty new features, including VST support. Some of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2006 for Windows include: “Conductor”- Live Looping / Playback control. While your … read more