Synapse Audio has announced the release of Ninety, a Rack Extension software emulation of a legendary 1970s phaser.
What makes this phaser unique is the feedback path, which gives the sound a very distinctive character, unlike any other analog phaser. Our emulation employs a zero-delay feedback network, a technique popularized by recent synthesizers, and particularly well suited to emulate analog feedback loops.
The original unit is a mono-in mono-out device with only a Rate knob and a Color switch. The Ninety phaser adds stereo processing, a stereo LFO with adjustable spread and a dry/wet control. The color switch is replaced with a knob for increased versatility. The “Ultra” switch upgrades the network to a 6-stage phaser, allowing to create entirely new sounds not possible with the vintage original.
Ninety for Reason is available for purchase for 35 EUR.
More information: Synapse Audio / Ninety
B. Serrano has launched IO, a free multi-fx plug-in for Windows.
B. Serrano’s IO comprises 5 envelope driven effects.
IO is a set several effects. These effects are driven by a sophisticated GUI envelope.
Default time value is in second. Duration is theoretically infinite
So this envelope can run from 1 nanosecond to several minutes, hours…
- Paraphonic multifilter: LP, HP, BP, Peak, Cascade filtering up to 4 stages (stack).
- Stereo Phaser: 4, 8 or 12 stages.
- Multi level adjuster.
- Multi level Auto-Pan.
- Ring Modulator.
- Advanced GUI envelope up to 32 stages: Loopable or 1 shot, Host-Bpm syncable, Individual curve-type for each segment, High precision editing.
IO for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: B. Serrano / IO
Audiffex has announced release of STA Phaser, a valve phaser effect plug-in for any studio and home recording.
Ideal for professional studio work. Offer delicate, yet very accurate and realistic sound modeling by means of Summing Tube Amplifier (STA) technology.
All the effects use exact modeling of concrete circuits and components, so all the features of the original circuits are included, creating very decent and pleasant change in the recorded sound. These models are not based on one concrete brand, we have rather selected the best circuits of several manufacturers and original hardware devices. We decided to convince the user by the perfect sound, not by a famous label on the front panel.
STA Phaser features
- Precise circuit modeling.
- Track color and adjustable color.
- VST2/VST3/AU/RTAS format.
- 32/64-bit architecture.
STA Phaser is available for purchase for $19 USD.
More information: Audiffex / STA Phaser
SPC Plugins has introduced its Freek stereo frequency shifter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Stereo frequency shifter and barberpole phaser with tempo-locked delays, dual 96-waveform LFOs and phase-lock. All audio processing 64-bit.
- Stereo frequency shifting with independent or phase-locked shift.
- Stereo barberpole phasing with up to 32 stages.
- Advanced, dual 96-waveform LFOs. Waveforms include 8 different random modulations, 32 sequencer patterns, an envelope follower and many others.
- Tempo syncronisation at 24 rates from 1 cycle in 64 bars to 128 cycles in 1 bar.
- Two shift ranges for precise control.
- “Intelligent” randomize feature.
- MIDI learn.
- Minimal CPU power and memory bandwidth.
Freek for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs $39 USD.
More information: SPC Plugins / Freek
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2013 - 0 comments
Synthescience has released 18 new free effect plug-ins for Windows.
Synthescience.com webpage gets a full content update and now delivers 18!! more effects/processors plugins to join the two allready published synths, Prodigious & Poly 2106.
Taking a big jump from two to twenty free unrestricted full featured products was the best way we could find to mark our statement into this new year, now meet the new faces at products/effects processors area and hope you enjoy the looks & features, the synthescience team…
Delay Box is one of the 18 new free effect plug-ins by Synthescience.
New effect plug-ins
- Delay / Reverb effects: Delay Box, Freezechamber.
- Distortion / Lo-Fi effects: Drivefactor, Driveshaper, R-Sample Factor.
- Dynamics processors: Compressor Box, Limiter Box.
- Filter / EQ processors: 10 Band Graphic EQ, The Filtermate.
- Modulation effects: Chorus Box, Autopan Modulator, Autospread Box, Phaser Box, Phaser 2/8, Flanger Box, Symphonic Ensemble, Chorus+, Slicer Box.
The plug-ins are available to download at no cost (Windows VST).
More information: Synthescience
u-he has announced two new Uhbik Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason.
Uhbik-G is a granular pitch-shifter / phase vocoder (via fast Fourier analysis) which delivers a wide range of dramatic contemporary effects.
Effectively cuts audio material into snippets (‘grains’), then plays them back at a variable rate – even backwards. In the original tape devices, the radius of a rotating cylindrical tape-head determined grain size and the length of tape in contact with the cylinder determined the overlap between grains. But Uhbik-G is not bound by the physical limitations of rotating cylinders – you can make it huge or impossibly small!
Uhbik-P is a phaser effect, with up to 42 allpass filters in series delivering the deepest, richest phasing available.
Bass frequencies can bypass the effect (‘bass sanctuary’) to ensure LF-stability. Feedback accentuates the comb filter effect, but unlike Uhbik-F the distance between peaks is kept fairly constant. As the signal is phase-shifted each time it is fed back, frequencies are created that were not present in the original signal – the main reason why Uhbik-P is also great for wild metallic effects!
Uhbik-G and Uhbik-P are available at the introductory price of $19 USD / 15 EUR each until January 31st, 2013 (regular $39 USD / 32 EUR).
More information: u-he / Rack Extensions
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Vengeance Sound
Posted in news
on Dec 05, 2012 - 3 comments
Vengeance Sound has announced the release of the Essential FX Bundle, a collection of Vengeance Producer Suite effect plug-ins.
This massive effects bundle contains 15 – !) unique effects from Vengeance-Sound. These little helpers will become indispensable in your production environment.
Essential FX Bundle features
- 15 Plugins in one big Bundle.
- Impulse reverb comes with over 60 first class impulse responses.
- Every plugin has a built in limiter (you can turn it off if you want).
- Essential tools for every situation.
- Dynamics: EQ, Limiter, Compressor, Clip Distortion, Multiband Distortion.
- Modulation: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, MultiMod (FM, RingMod and Autopan!)
- Delay and reverb: Delay, Trashverb, GatedReverb, Impulse (Impulse Response Reverb).
- Special fx: Bitcrusher, Stereo Matrix (m/s manipulation).
- Unbeatable price: 6,60€ per plugin is a no brainer.
- Many cool presets included, optimized for modern club music by Manuel Schleis.
- All parameters are automatable (host).
- A big and smooth Mix knob is the center of every plugin.
- VST / PC & Intel Mac VST / AU & RTAS – runs in all compatible hosts.
- 32 / 64 Bit and VST3 standard.
The bundle is currently available to purchase for a special Christmas price of 99 EUR / £85 GBP / $140 USD (regular 149 EUR). Requires eLicenser dongle.
More information: Vengeance Sound / Essential FX Bundle