Physical Music has updated the TimeFreezer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
In the analyser there is now the “stabilisator”, an algorithm that recognizes more precisely stable portions of waves. There are two consequences of that: first you can get better results when taking a short portion of sound. Second: if the analysed sound is stable – like a synthesizer – then the freeze is stable too and no longer sounds like a far reverberation.
The Keyboard mode is still in use, so that you can store a completely different preset on every key of your keyboard. In the Audio Unit version you now save the bank of presets in one go. In VST you still have the opportunity of choosing between fxp and fxb (one preset/whole bank).
All are now available in 64-bit for Mac OS X and Windows. The Mac version is compatible with Logic X and OS 10.9.
TimeFreezer is available for purchase for $99 USD (single platform) / $129 USD (bundle).
More information: TimeFreezer
Physical Music has released version 2.6 of TimeFreezer, a virtual effect and instrument plug-in which allows you to “freeze” audio.
Infinite sound… Did you ever want to stop a sound just like a snapshot, so that it stays forever, without looping effects and without sounding like a synthesizer? I found a solution. Here it is: the TimeFreezer that freezes all kind of audio material and plays with it.
Changes in TimeFreezer v2.6
- Due to a new algorithm the response is much faster. The latency is now less than a half compared to the previous versions. The TimeFreezerFX is always stereo and now so fast that there is no more need for a mono version.
- The missing channel bug is now fixed, also no more crashes did come.
- It is louder. this means, that passing through the audio with no filter and max volume is the same than the original. Normalized freezes are just under 0 dB.
- The import of 32bit float files is now possible with OSX.
- The software has been compiled with the newest XCode on Snow Leopard and with the newest Visual Studio on Windows.
- The plug-in runs all on 64 bit machines.
TimeFreezer is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Physical Music
Physical Music has released version 2.5 of TimeFreezer, a resynthesis based synthesizer that allows you to “freeze a moment of audio”.
You can load waves of any duration and then browse “live” using the cursor to hear immediately the frozen sound of the selected region.
Changes in TimeFreezer v2.5
- Broadcast waves files can be opened.
- Now in every host you can import wav and aiff files without changing any settings.
- The output is increased by 6 dB.
TimeFreezer is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU) for $99 USD for a single platform, including both the effect and instrument versions. A bundle including PC and Mac platform formats is available for $125 USD.
Physical Music has also announced is is currently developing TimeWorm (working name), a new intelligent delay plug-in – composing new lines automatically from audio input.
More information: Physical Music
Physical Music has updated Time Freezer to v2.1.
New in v2.1
- Updated from VST2.3 to VST 2.4 (for PC)
Check this previous post about Time Freezer for more information.
Besides the new v2.1 for Windows, a Mac version (PPC and Intel) is introduced as well.
Visit the Time Freezer website for more information.
TimeFreezer by Physical Music is an extraordinary VST effect and instrument plugin which freezes audio in time.
The basic idea of TimeFreezer is a resynthesis of an analysed sound.
Infinite sound… Did you ever want to stop a sound just like a snapshot, so that it stays forever, without looping effects and without sounding like a synthesizer?
Then TimeFreezer is for you!
- freezes any kind of audio in real time (VSTi version from audio files, wav and aiff)
- holds complex sounds infinitely
- morph to next hold with crossfades(->10s)
- transform bandpass filter in real time
- repitch the frozen sound in real time
- denoiser adjustable
- analysis time window adjustable
- clipless volume maximizer switchable
- 32 bit float high quality algorithms
- all controls directly assignable with MIDI
- VST compatible to most hosts
The VSTi version is playable with a MIDI keyboard or any MIDI control device and has two keyboard modes: 1 preset per key or transposing. It also has a hold button for notebook playing.
Every button and Fader can be automated except the “Hold” button. “Hold” can be replaced by a MIDI-note.
Unfortunately there is no demo available, but you can check some flash demos of both the effect and instrument plugins on the TimeFreezer website.
TimeFreezer comes as an VST effect and instrument and is available for Mac (PPC & Intel) and Windows for the price of $99 US.
Visit the TimeFreezer website for more information.