, samples and sound libraries
, string machine
Posted in news
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
Soniccouture has released The Attic, a bundle of 10 virtual instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Attic : a project to document and sample interesting, characterful instruments that may not always be the obvious choice when we think of classics.
Instruments which, when added to a track, instantly add some special magic, even if it is due to the fact that it sounds a bit cheap or quirky.
We asked around some friendly producers: Neil Davidge, Adrian Utley and Liam Howe were all happy to open up their attics to us, and the resulting collection is a fascinating journey into the corners early analogue synthesis, offering a huge palette of sounds to reach into when you need colour, character and exuberance.
The Attic features
- 10 Unique Instruments: Roland RS202 String Machine, Korg LP10 Analog Piano, Suzuki Omnichord, Jennings Univox, Minikorg 700s, Hammond Solovox, Synthi AKS, Roland SH2000, Godwin String Concert, Philips Philicorda
- Authentic Analogue Sample modelling.
- Over 350 Presets.
- Kontakt Player Compatible.
- 7.8 GB Core Library.
The Attic is available for purchase for $149 USD / £119 GBP / 129 EUR. Until May 2nd, 2014, you can use coupon code URR3K3Y to get $30 USD / 20 EUR off.
More information: Soniccouture / The Attic
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Sonic Cat has released Pop Piano Free, a free acoustic grand piano sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Pop Piano is part of the Pop Keys piano sample library.
Pop Piano Free features a recorded Bechstein MP192 Grand Piano which is made in Germany, to differentiate between other libraries with analog equipment in good sound concert hall.
Pop Piano Free features
- Sampling from Bechstein MP192 Grand Piano.
- Recorded from first class Mic and Analog Preamp.
- Recorded at good sound concert hall.
- Maximum 4 Velocity.
Pop Piano Free is taken for the Pop Keys piano library.
Sonic Cat is currently also offering a limited time 40% discount on all its products in celebration of the launch of the Sonic Cat brand, which carries all of Luxonix’s Kontakt libraries.
More information: Sonic Cat
e-instruments has announced the release of Session Keys Grand S and Grand Y, two Kontakt based concert grand piano instruments with a new and innovative approach to create the perfect piano sound for music productions.
Session Keys Grand S delivers the rich harmonic structure, warm tone, and full resonances of the Steinway D4 Concert Grand Piano, used in numerous concerts and recordings by some of the world’s greatest artists.
Session Keys Grand Y captures the clear, transparent and dynamic sound of a Yamaha CFIIIS Concert Grand Piano. Rich overtones, sparkling high end, and a powerful bass range make this outstanding instrument the perfect complement to the Grand S.
Session Keys Grand S/Y features
- Concert and Studio modes – Each acoustic flavour has been recorded in precise detail using two separate piano lid positions.
- Pentamorph controller – Allows users to easily adjust the Grand Piano’s acoustics – from standard characteristic sounds to atmospheres that go far beyond the obvious – as well as create movement on the fly using just one knob.
- Session animation – The Animator is designed to generate truly musical piano performances in the most flexible way.
- Smart Chords – For instant piano chords at your fingertips, Session Keys Smart Chord Mode provides a completely new and inventive way to add depth of musical expression to your production.
- Edit parameters of the Grand Piano in detail – Strengthen the individuality and expressiveness of the instrument, or to take it far beyond its standard sonic signature. EQ, Compression, Convolution Reverb and Delay Effects can all be edited for creative sound design without boundaries.
The pianos are available for purchase for 99 USD/EUR each, or bundled for 159 USD/EUR.
More information: e-instruments / Session Keys Grand Pianos
Time+Space has launched a contest in which you can win tickets to a unique event at the world famous Abbey Road Studios.
To celebrate the upcoming release of Garritan’s Abbey Road CFX Concert Grand virtual piano, UK distributor Time+Space are giving you the chance to win a pair of tickets worth over £175 to “The Sound of Abbey Road Studios” – a series of talks taking place in April and May which mark a new opportunity to visit Abbey Road Studios’ world famous Studio Two.
Hosted by Brian Kehew and Kevin Ryan – the authors of the critically acclaimed book Recording the Beatles, the lectures will explore the evolution of recording techniques and equipment as well as offer demonstrations using both new and vintage equipment.
What’s more, renowned former Abbey Road engineer Ken Scott will also be in attendance to offer his unique insight into life at the world’s first purpose built recording studios.
To enter, complete and submit the entry form on the Time+Space website or Facebook page before the April 12th, 2014. The winner will be randomly selected shortly after this date.
More information: Time+Space / Abbey Road Studios contest
Pakotec Samples has announced Piano Melodies Vol.5, a new ‘Piano Melodies Series’ sample pack, featuring a rare collection of 50 unique and fresh melodies in MIDI & WAV format.
These melodies are suitable for R&B, Rock, Pop, Dance, Jazz, Blues, and even cinematic genres and inspired by the best piano compositions of the past decade. With these winning fresh melodies and your special synth sounds, you can make your next best-selling hit!
This premium quality pack contains 50 MIDI loops & 50 Wav Loops that are ready-to-use at any time and are organized by scales and tempo.
All phrases are 100% Royalty-Free and ready to be used in any personal or commercial music.
The pack is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Pakotec Samples / Piano Melodies Vol.5
VST Buzz is offering a 60% discount on The Big One piano sample library by SampleTekk, for a limited time only.
Get a HUGE 60% off the aptly named piano sample library – “The Big One”, from Sampletekk. Weighing in at over 6GB (zipped!), this is an absolute beast of a piano library, offering an incredibly realistic sound, for a very affordable price.
“The Big One” is a Yamaha C7 piano recorded with a massive 31 velocity layers per note, offering a huge dynamic range. Perfect for pop, rock, underscore, hip hop – this is a piano library you’ll use forever. Check out the audio demos and video for an idea of how awesome this is!
The library is available from VST Buzz for $79 USD until April 1st, 2014 (regular $199 USD).
More information: VST Buzz