Gospel Musicians has partnered with Acousticsamples to release five new acoustic pianos for Yamaha Motif XS/XF synthesizer workstations.
We all love the advent of computer music and the idea of taking a laptop to a gig with you, but there is still something to be said for hardware. Imagine having the reliability of hardware, at the same time, having the same detail, precision, and clarity of a plugin.
AcousticsampleS, in partnership with Gospel Musicians are now bringing the most realistic, organic, and playable grand piano sounds ever created for the Yamaha Motif XS and XF keyboards. With no loops and natural sustain, all 5 pianos have a distinct sound and character that will make you fee like you are playing a real acoustic piano.
Acoustic Pianos for Yamaha Motif XS/XF
- 5 acoustic pianos by Acousticsamples
- B-Piano Upright, an old, out of tune, mechanically imperfect but still usable upright piano.
- A-Piano Grand piano,an old French Gaveau piano. Gaveau was a French piano manufacturer. The company was established in 1847 in Paris and used to be one of the three largest piano makers in France (after Érard and Pleyel). This particular piano was build in 1960 and is refereed to as a “crapaud” (“Petite Grand” in English), which means that it’s a little smaller than a “quart de queue” (baby grand). It has a very particular sound, very bright and full of “inharmonicity” in the bass due to the short length of the strings.
- Kawai-EX Pro sample Library, a powerful and bright 9-foot (276cm) Kawai EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC.
- Academic Grand, a 1963 Steinway D concert grand which has seen countless recitals and concerts over the years where it served as the University of Arkansas’ primary concert instrument.
- Old Black Grand, an old Pleyel Grand Piano (F-71240 model from 1928) with vintage gear like a Studer console and tube microphones, it has the rich and warm sound of the old jazz/blues or even classical music recordings.
- 3-Velocity layers per piano.
- Full sustain notes (no looping).
- Release Notes.
- Separate volume assignments for release and sustain sounds.
- Fits on 512MB RAM or Flash.
- 44kHz/16-bit Stereo Samples.
The libraries are available to purchase for the introductory price of $49.99 USD each (regular $99.99 USD), or in a bundle of all five for $199.99 USD (regular $299.99 USD) until November 5th, 2012.
More information: Gospel Musicians