, Livid Instruments
, open source
Posted in news
on Jun 08, 2009 - 2 comments
Livid Instruments has announced it is now accepting pre-orders for the Ohm64, a completely redesigned MIDI controller, inspired by some of the most innovative and popular software.
It’s our second generation of Ohm, and we’ve expanded it massively. USB powered, with no drivers required means you can plug in and start playing. All controls can be remapped to a variety of MIDI messages, and all the buttons have programmable LEDs, so you can create your own interfaces simply by sending MIDI commands back to the Ohm. It can be as simple as listening to the MIDI that is already generated by software, or you can program your own style with a sequencer, or more in depth programs, like Max/MSP, Plogue Bidule, PD, or Reaktor. A growing library of open source software (mostly Max patches) give you the tools and talents to animate button interaction, make a step sequencer, or even make a VU meter.
- USB Powered.
- Bi-Directional MIDI communication.
- Class-compliant: no drivers needed for mac or windows.
- 75 Programmable backlight buttons for talk-back and interactive performance.
- Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware.
- Aluminum Faceplate.
- Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction.
- Ohm Core software included for MIDI editing, and LED talkback programming.
- Cell DNA video performance software included.
- Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks.
- Made in the USA by humans.
- Available in natural, blue, red, and unfinished so you can stain or paint it any color you want (Livid uses Jelutong wood which is lightweight, durable, and has really nice grain).
The Ohm64 is now available for pre-order for $599 USD. Shipping will start June 15th, 2009.
Visit Livid Instruments for more information.
AraldFX has introduced a release candidate of AXV5, a cross-over plug-in for modular and semi-modular hosts.
The new version of the plug-in has been greatly improved and now features up to 5 frequency bands.
AXV5 is compatible with Ableton Live, EnergyXT and Plogue Bidule and is available for Windows PC and Mac (VST).
This release candidate will expire on March 2008.
Visit AraldFX for more information and a link to download AXV5.
Bidule is a realtime modular creation studio aimed mainly at artists seeking a new environment with which to experiment.
With Bidule, you create your own live music-making environment, inserting audio and midi devices, ReWire Devices, VST/AU instruments and plugins. Patch them anyway you like, in realtime, while it plays. Bidule can run either as a standalone app or as a ReWire Device.
New in 0.9
- Bidule can now run as a VST/AU plug-in (available only to registered users)
- Monitoring of inputs/outputs of a bidule (new context menu entry)
- New Spanish translation (many thanks to BiCho)
- Key Sender
- MIDI Aftertouch Value Filter
- MIDI CC Value Filter
- MIDI Channel Pressure Value Filter
- MIDI Note Closer
- MIDI Note Velocity Filter
- MIDI Pitchbend Value Filter
- Basic Audio Buffer : added Clear Contents trigger input
- Constant : added loaded files in Mediapool choices
- Mixer : you can double-click on the Volume label to change the channel strip label
- OS X : you can drop supported audio/MIDI files on the dock icon to add them to the Mediapool
- OSC MIDI : detune parameter is now optional
- Unit Converter : added MIDI 7bit to/from [0,1] normalized
There are also many bugfixes. Visit the Plogue website for more information and a time limited demo.