Garritan has announced the release of Personal Orchestra 4, a state-of-the-art software that reproduces the sounds of the musical instruments in a symphony orchestra, right from your computer.
The world’s most popular orchestral library just got better!
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is now powered by the ARIA Instrument Engine and adds new features, new instrument sounds and updated programming at a lower price.
Changes in Garritan Personal Orchestra 4
- New ARIA Advanced Instrument Engine – ARIA, a new and highly-optimized instrument engine, developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc, goes beyond ordinary samplers. ARIA is intuitive, efficient and versatile, loads instruments quickly, and places very low demand on your computer’s processor.
- New Price – Instant Download! – GPO4 is affordable, eco-friendly, and available on demand. Simply download and play. The entire GPO4 sample collection can be downloaded with a fast internet connection, dramatically reducing the product’s environmental impact and eliminating the waiting time associated with shipping.
- Additional Sounds, Project SAM Brass & Ensemble Presets – GPO4 includes select brass samples from Project SAM that strengthen the brass section of Personal Orchestra by adding punch and excitement to your musical compositions. GPO4 also includes choir sounds, extended ranges for select instruments and Ensemble Presets.
- Auto Legato – GPO4′s new Auto Legato intelligently detects when you are playing a smooth line with overlapping notes and automatically applies correct legato transitions between notes. Creating realistic phrasing has never been easier. Auto Legato also makes playable trills extremely easy.
- Integrated Ambience Reverb & Stereo Stage - GPO4 now integrates the high quality Ambience reverb with the ARIA Player with individual mixing sends for each instrument. Stereo Stage imparts spacious stereo imagery for GPO4 instruments.
- MIDI Playback and Recording Features -The Standalone ARIA Player allows you to load and playback MIDI files. You can also produce audio recordings of the MIDI file or record yourself playing live.
- Designed for Compatibility - GPO4 runs on both Macintosh and Windows and a variety of formats to fit your workstation and your workflow (VST, Pro Tools RTAS, and OSX Audio Units). It natively supports 64-bit platforms, works in Windows 7, and is programmed for Steinberg’s new VST Expression, which simplifies the use of musical articulations. GPO4 is further optimized for use with the AKAI EWI Wind Controllers and integrates with popular notation programs such as Finale 2010.
- Tunings and Scala File Support – Put GPO4 exactly in tune with your ideas. The ARIA Instrument Engine supports control over individual instrument tuning, the frequency serving as the overall pitch standard, and Scala definition files, a standardized format for scale degree tunings.
- Graceful & Easy Authorization – ARIA authorization employs a personalized digital keycard. Simply drag and drop the personalized graphic card onto the ARIA Instrument Engine to authorize it and get playing in seconds.
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) as a download for $149.95 USD. Existing users of previous versions of Personal Orchestra can download the upgrade for $49.95 USD.
More information: Garritan
, Livid Instruments
, open source
Posted in news
on Jun 08, 2009
Livid Instruments has announced it is now accepting pre-orders for the Ohm64, a completely redesigned MIDI controller, inspired by some of the most innovative and popular software.
It’s our second generation of Ohm, and we’ve expanded it massively. USB powered, with no drivers required means you can plug in and start playing. All controls can be remapped to a variety of MIDI messages, and all the buttons have programmable LEDs, so you can create your own interfaces simply by sending MIDI commands back to the Ohm. It can be as simple as listening to the MIDI that is already generated by software, or you can program your own style with a sequencer, or more in depth programs, like Max/MSP, Plogue Bidule, PD, or Reaktor. A growing library of open source software (mostly Max patches) give you the tools and talents to animate button interaction, make a step sequencer, or even make a VU meter.
- USB Powered.
- Bi-Directional MIDI communication.
- Class-compliant: no drivers needed for mac or windows.
- 75 Programmable backlight buttons for talk-back and interactive performance.
- Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware.
- Aluminum Faceplate.
- Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction.
- Ohm Core software included for MIDI editing, and LED talkback programming.
- Cell DNA video performance software included.
- Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks.
- Made in the USA by humans.
- Available in natural, blue, red, and unfinished so you can stain or paint it any color you want (Livid uses Jelutong wood which is lightweight, durable, and has really nice grain).
The Ohm64 is now available for pre-order for $599 USD. Shipping will start June 15th, 2009.
Visit Livid Instruments for more information.
AraldFX has introduced a release candidate of AXV5, a cross-over plug-in for modular and semi-modular hosts.
The new version of the plug-in has been greatly improved and now features up to 5 frequency bands.
AXV5 is compatible with Ableton Live, EnergyXT and Plogue Bidule and is available for Windows PC and Mac (VST).
This release candidate will expire on March 2008.
Visit AraldFX for more information and a link to download AXV5.
Bidule is a realtime modular creation studio aimed mainly at artists seeking a new environment with which to experiment.
With Bidule, you create your own live music-making environment, inserting audio and midi devices, ReWire Devices, VST/AU instruments and plugins. Patch them anyway you like, in realtime, while it plays. Bidule can run either as a standalone app or as a ReWire Device.
New in 0.9
- Bidule can now run as a VST/AU plug-in (available only to registered users)
- Monitoring of inputs/outputs of a bidule (new context menu entry)
- New Spanish translation (many thanks to BiCho)
- Key Sender
- MIDI Aftertouch Value Filter
- MIDI CC Value Filter
- MIDI Channel Pressure Value Filter
- MIDI Note Closer
- MIDI Note Velocity Filter
- MIDI Pitchbend Value Filter
- Basic Audio Buffer : added Clear Contents trigger input
- Constant : added loaded files in Mediapool choices
- Mixer : you can double-click on the Volume label to change the channel strip label
- OS X : you can drop supported audio/MIDI files on the dock icon to add them to the Mediapool
- OSC MIDI : detune parameter is now optional
- Unit Converter : added MIDI 7bit to/from [0,1] normalized
There are also many bugfixes. Visit the Plogue website for more information and a time limited demo.