Soultracker has released ABS3 beta, a freeware beat slicer type VST plugin for Windows PC.
ABS, Automated Breaking Science, is an extended version of soultrackers BreakGarbage plugin. It is based on Automatic Breakbeat Cutting Methods by Nick Collins.
- Step sequencer with Gain and Gate
- HP/LP and comb filters
- Reverse play, random
- Time control, beat/slice/duration
- Glitch effect
- Automation of all parameters
This plugin requires the requires Pluggo runtime.
There’s a demo video on Soultracker showcasing ABS3, looks like tons of fun. Unfortunately I couldn’t get it to work on FL Studio 7, let me know if you do.
Visit Soultracker for more information and a link to download the latest version of ABS3 beta.
TriTone has released ClassicTone-56 and PulTone-FL as VST plug-ins for Windows PC (via Pluggo).
ClassicTone-56 is a true-to-the-original recreation of one of the best sounding graphic EQs ever made.
- 10 independent bands, from low to high the bands are: 31 Hz, 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz and 16 kHz
- Gain Fader, adjusts the gain between -12 dB and +12 dB
PulTone-FL is a recreation of a super-sweet passive program filter set, one of the best ways to tweak and shape tracks to create space in a mix or to create limited frequency range effects like the classic “telephone” vocal.
- Bands: Two filter bands
- Low-cut frequencies: 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 150 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 750 Hz, 1 kHz, 1.5 kHz and 2 kHz
- Hi-cut frequencies: 1.5 kHz, 2 kHz, 3 kHz, 4 kHz, 5 kHz, 6 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 12 kHz and 15 kHz
- Filter-to-Boost Slider, use the slider below each band to move between the far left position (full cut, true to the original) and the far right positions (full expand, the reverse curve of the full cut)
The ClassicTone-56 costs $99 USD, while the PulTone-FL costs $79 USD.
Visit TriTone for more information and links to download demos of ClassicTone-56 and PulTone-FL.
Cycling ’74 has announced a major new upgrade to Max/MSP/Jitter.
According to David Zicarelli, Max 5 is based on being easier to use, easier to learn, and easier to deal with.
Highlights of Max 5
Easier to Use
- Multiple undo is available
- Objects interact with time in ways that are more meaningful than milliseconds
- The patcher is variable resolution and can be zoomed in and out
- A simplified and more consistent interface, identical on Mac and Windows
- A new object palette (with nice big resizable icons!) works as a visual catalog
Easier to Learn
- The documentation is completely integrated into the user interface
- A searchable database of objects, media, examples, and documentation integrates all of the provided material
- Introductory tutorials have been completely rewritten, and include integrated patches
- New interactive debugging tools make figuring out what your patch is doing (almost) fun
- Third-party object developers can now use all of our documentation tools for their products
Easier to Deal With
- The interface can easily be localized and customized
- A new file format is more readable, extensible and reliable
- Support for Unicode text and filenames
- A new interface layer — “Presentation Mode” – provides a new way to build user interfaces without cluttering your patch
- The installation and authorization experience is vastly improved
Max 5 will be released in the first quarter of 2008, and will include (and require) new versions of MSP and Jitter.
Since I have no Max experience other than using some of the VST plug-ins with the Pluggo run-time, I’ll recommend reading the CDM post on Max 5 for more insight and comments.
Visit Cycling ’74 for more information.
, effect plugins
, Oli Larkin
, pitch shift and time stretch
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Sep 27, 2007
Oli Larkin has released the Endless Series, four effect plugins based on an auditory illusion known as “Circular Pitch” or more commonly the “Shepard Tone/Scale” after Roger N. Shepard who discovered it in the 1960s.
Endless Series features
- Specify glissando or chromatic (stepped) mode
- Change the rate and direction of the tone/effect
- Adjust the base-pitch of the tone/effect
- Mix between two different amplitude envelopes
- Spread the partials across the stereo image
- Presets and manual included
Endless Tone can be used to synthesize classic Shepard/Risset tones. It can also be used as a ring modulator either using an internal sine wave or the audio input for the carrier signal.
Endless Flanger is a circular pitch (barber-pole) flanger – instead of flanging up and down the frequency spectrum, it appears to continuously flange in one direction.
Endless Phaser works in the same way but rather than using delay lines, it uses filters to produce its effect.
Endless Shifter provides a further variation by using pitch shifting to impose the illusion of circular pitch on the source material.
The Endless Series is available for Windows VST/RTAS and Mac VST/AU/RTAS UB and costs £15 GBP.
The plug-ins require Pluggo Runtime 3.61 or higher to run.
Visit Oli Larkin for more information, audio demos and a link to download the demo of the Endless Series (every 20 seconds you will hear a beep. Endless Tone has no demo restrictions).
Pyjaman has released dtrk, a new freeware Pluggo VST plug-in for Windows.
dtrk is a freeware VSTi sample player for long mp3 files featuring controls for speed, time and groove.
Pyjaman’s plug-ins require the Pluggo run-time, which you can download freely from the Cycling ’74 website.
Visit Pyjaman’s website to download dtrk.
Taprik (Zombideo) has released DAX, a freeware Pluggo plugin for Mac OS X and Windows.
DAX is a tempo synced delay effect.
- Set amount of delays
- Feedback control
- Set beats per measure and lenght of the sample
Visit Zombideo to download DAX for Mac OSX or Windows. (You will need the free Pluggo runtime, also available on the DAX page)
[CodeOperator] has released URSonic IIR-Reverb, a reverb plugin for VST, AU and RTAS made with Pluggo.
From the product page:
It is very colorfull and has a high density. IIR-Reverb comes with a 5 Band full Parametric Graphical based Equaliser that you can edit the reverb tail in every frequency you like. You can form every space you need, especially Drum Rooms.
Since IIR-Reverb is made with Pluggo-MAX/MSP from cycling74, you will need the Pluggo-Runtime (version 3.6.x or higher) to use IIR-Reverb.
IIR-Reverb can be purchased for $199.
Visit [CodeOperator] for more information and a link to download the demo of URSonic IIR-Reverb (demo-version will mute the effect 10 sec every 30 sec).
Soultracker has updated Bazz-ID, a freeware VSTi synth based on FM synthesis.
Bazz-ID is a Bassline synth with 3 bass levels, using 3 FM generators (High/Bass and Sub-Bass/Medium).
- some bugs fixed
- saving functions are now fully operational
- new skin
Bazz-ID requires Cycling ’74 Pluggo.
Visit Soultracker for more information and a link to download Bazz-ID for Windows or Mac OSX.