Findremix has announced the launch of the Aki Bergen – “Africanism” Remix Contest.
We have teamed up with Neurotraxx label to start a new exciting remix contest, offering up the parts of tribal house hit “Africanism“. As well as get remix released on an official EP on Neurotraxx, winners will get prizes from SoundCloud, PrimeLoops, Mixed In Key and Point Blank Music School!
We can find Bergen’s name in the first position of the Deep House Beatport chart for three times, and in the 1st position of Beatport General chart together with Doomwork with the smashing hit “Jazzy Stuff”. His sudden fame provided him big collaborations with artists such as 2000 and One, Dj Madskillz, Milton Jackson, Pezzner, and his remixes are between the most requested and loved.
Deadline for entering the contest of December 31, 2010.
More information: Findremix
Point Blank, London, the UK’s premier Music Production college are currently celebrating the global successes of three past students in the Remix arena. Namely: Detboi, Gareth Wyn and Jahawi.
- Detboi (Producer / Remixer & DJ) – After taking the Minimal Techno, Mixing Dance Music and Deep & Soulful House courses at Point Blank Online Music Production School, Detboi saw his crazy brand of tropical flavoured, bass-heavy rave skyrocket to releases on massive labels including Skint, Surface Noise and Herve’s Cheap Thrills. Despite his success, Detboi continues to enrol on Point Blank’s courses and expand his diverse knowledge of dance music production.
- Gareth Wyn (Beyonce & Leona Remixes Released by Sony) – Gareth has remixed Beyonce’s last two singles and Leona Lewis’ recent comeback single ‘Happy’ for Sony and his own tracks have been released on Maelstrom, CR2 and Ministry of Sound, winning acclaim from the likes of Paul van Dyk, Pete Tong and BT.
And he’s continued his highly successful association with Liverpool superclub Cream, with a main room residency in Ibiza and a slamming set at this years Creamfields. The turning point says Gareth was learning with Point Blank’s Danny J Lewis – “That was the course that brought everything together for me and gave me the kick start I needed”. Keep your eyes on the booth and ears to the speaker – Gareth Wyn is on fire!
- Jahawi – Within six months of enrolling at Point Blank, former student Jahawi had two remixes released – for none other than Armand Van Helden!!
“I’d been dabbling in production for a few months before I went to Point Blank. I found that I could get to a certain point, but I couldn’t use the equipment to its full potential. I was getting frustrated. I had all these ideas but I didn’t have the skills to translate what was in my head into music.”
Jahawi didn’t waste any time in putting his new-found skills into practice.
His remixes of Armand Van Helden’s “A Track Called Jack” and “I Want Your Soul.” have been released in the UK by Southern Fried Records and in the US by Ultra Records.
Point Blank’s next 4 week online Remixing Course starts 29th November 2010 featuring exclusive input from these professional remixers: CJ Mackintosh, Phil Asher, Ben Medcalf, Grant Nelson, Gareth Wyn, Mike Koglin and Danny J Lewis. Plus interviews with the following labels: CR2, Freerange, Island Records, Noys and remix assets from Reelgroove.
Limited places for this course are still available. It costs £325 GBP.
More information: Point Blank
Sample Magic has announced Secrets of House Music – The Course, a music production course by Bruce Aisher and Sharooz.
Since the publication of our debut book, The Secrets of House Music Production, we have been inundated by requests for people to attend a course to learn the techniques and tricks of house production first hand. So we listened, and over the past three months have fine-tuned a brand new course, with the award-winning Point Blank College in London, and now we’re pleased to be able to offer a first set of dates.
Taking inspiration from the successful book Secrets of House Music Production, this intensive weekend course is aimed at Logic users and reveals professional tips, tricks and techniques to take your tracks to the next level.
Guiding you through the creation of an original track will be expert producers Bruce Aisher and Sharooz. Bruce has released tracks and remixes on many respected labels including Bedrock, Global Underground and Lost Language.
DJ, producer, label manager – and SM head honcho Sharooz – will present an insiders guide to the music business and host a music industry Q&A. His tracks have featured in sets from the likes of Pete Tong, David Guetta and D Ramirez amongst many others.
PLUS! Every participant will leave with an exclusive goodie bag worth over £300 including a copy of the book, Sample Magic sample packs and a Point Blank T shirt.
“Secrets of House Music – The Course” takes place in London’s Old Street 3 and 4 July, 2010 11am-7pm. The cost of the course is £395 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Point Blank College
Award-winning music school Point Blank has added two new courses to its online curriculum.
The Hip Hop course has been developed by multi platinum producer and remixer Paul Waller who has worked with major players including De La Soul, Gang Starr and Naughty By Nature. Paul tackles a range of production styles from old school masters like Pete Rock through to J Dilla, Timbaland and Kanye West.
At the helm for the Dubstep Course is Jonny Miller, acclaimed producer, DJ and label manager who has racked up releases on labels including Aquatic Lab, Sidestepper Recordings, K7 and Twisted Funk. Jonny will examine a broad range of production techniques from bass heavy dubs through to more techno influenced flavours.
Point Blank takes a unique approach to online learning. Having worked through a weeks worth of exclusive course materials, each student submits an assignment. In return, they receive a unique one-to-one feedback video (Direct Video Response™), in which a pro music producer analyses their track and offers technical and creative advice. It’s a fast track route to professional music production which has proved popular with students from all over the world.
New Point Blank Online Courses
- Hip Hop course, taught on Logic.
- Dubstep course, aimed at users of Ableton Live.
- Courses start: monthly from 3rd May 2010.
- Four week courses with unique one-to-one tuition from a pro music producer.
- In addition to one-to-one video feedback, tutors also host a weekly live Masterclass where students can discuss music industry topics, raise technical questions and share information.
- Course materials including video tutorials, project files, audio resources, DVR™ and detailed course notes are available to students for a full year from enrolment.
- Point Blank is an Approved Training Centre for both Apple and Ableton Live and has been voted “Best Music Production School” for six consecutive years at the annual T-Scan Awards.
Class sizes are strictly limited and enrolment is now underway. The course fee is £325 GBP / $495 USD.
More information: Point Blank Online