Bitley has released the Fairlight CMI Legacy MKII, a new ReFill featuring the sounds of the Fairlight synthesizer.
The amazing Fairlight CMI Legacy ReFill will now co-exist with a huge, vastly updated version. First projected as “Bitley Supersonic”, the all-new Fairlight CMI Legacy MKII refill (Reason sound bank) marks our biggest release to date. The new refill contains all the data from all the previous refills. It’s all here. Fairlight CMI Legacy, Fairlight CMI Supremacy 1.4, The Prophet, Orlando JX10, DaBeat – as well as a good portion of supplementary material.
Quite a number of patches. Fairlight CMI Legacy MKII contains over 1,000 single NNXT patches. Over 450 Combinator patches. Over 150 ReDrum drum kits. A number of brand new signature patches from ThinkingMachine and Abstract Assasinator, two of Sweden’s best Reason programmers, in addition to a wide range of new patches from Patrick Fridh Aka Bitley, Reason user since the year 2000 and previously known for building factory patches for Propellerhead and Clavia as well as commercial ReFills for PowerFX.
Fairlight CMI Legacy MKII ReFill for Reason 4 and higher is available to purchase for $149 USD. A free update ReFill will be posted later this year, with patches using Kong and Octorex and new rex files to take full advantage of the Reason 5 features.
More information: Bitley / Fairlight CMI Legacy MKII
PowerFX has announced the release of a 5,000 loop sound library for its web based music making application Soundation Studio.
Under the heading, “Premium”, users can search and audition all the sounds in the library right from the application and once purchased, drag n drop any of the loops directly into Soundation Studio. The loops have been cherry picked from the award winning PowerFX sound libraries and include an excellent and diverse selection of high quality sounds.
“Having a sound library and studio available directly in your browser is an amazing development and a great tool for anyone who ever wanted to try and make digital music”, says Bil Bryant CEO of PowerFX. “Premium is an excellent addition to all the free content available in Soundation Studio, which includes over 500 loops and 4 virtual instruments and 11 real time effects”.
There is a Match tempo search where the system will automatically search for loops in the BPM of the current track, as well as, search for a specific key.
The Premium license is available for €95 EUR a year or €9.90 EUR a month and you can opt out at anytime. The library will increase in size and selection.
More information: Soundation
PowerFX has announced that it has added a LEARN section to Soundation, the online music making application.
Soundation Studio, the online music making application, just got easier to use with the addition of LEARN, a simple to use section on the site that includes HOW TOs, FAQ, WHAT IS and THE EFFECTS, a simple explanation of the 11 effects included in Soundation Studio.
The tutorials include screen dumps and simple text instructions of specific functions and operations that are very useful for both beginners and users familiar with other music making software.
More information: Soundation
PowerFX has announced the release of SAM-1, a sample player for Soundation Studio.
Soundation Studio, the most advanced web based music making application, has just added SAM-1, a sample player to their increasing arsenal of online virtual instruments and sound tools. SAM-1 comes with 5 instruments: an acoustic piano, a house piano, an electric piano and 2 organs. Like the sequencer and included loop library, SAM-1 is free and more instruments for purchase are planned.
“SAM-1 is another milestone for online music making”, says CEO Bil Bryant. “To have an assortment of virtual instruments available in your browser is an amazing advancement. To provide anyone who has ever wanted to make digital music the possibility with many of the tools that professional programs offer is our mission ” continues Bryant.”
More information: Soundation Studio
PowerFX has announced the release of AudioLocker, an application which lets you backup and organize your sound libraries in Soundation Studio.
AudioLocker is a desktop application that allows you to store your files in your own account on the “Soundation cloud”, and import your own sounds into Soundation Studio. AudioLocker is a simple drag-and-drop program, easily allowing uploads, downloads, delete, folder creation and integration with Soundation Studio. AudioLocker also receives and stores any purchases made from the Soundation Sound Shop, so those sounds are always available and always backed up.
“Many of our customers who have purchased sounds from us request another copy because their hard disk crashed” says Bil Bryant, CEO of PowerFX. “With AudioLocker, all your purchases from the Soundation Sound Shop are automatically stored in your account and always available from your desktop or from Soundation Studio.”
- Intro, a 100MB account ($19 a year)
- Basic 2 GB account ($49 a year/ 4.99 a month)
- Power User 5 GB account ($99 a year/9.99 a month) which includes 20 sound sets (over 400 additional loops) preloaded in your AudioLocker.
More information: PowerFX / AudioLocker
PowerFX has released Erlenmeyer Field, an electric piano sound library by Retro Sampling.
Picture your self darkness, moonlight, out in the woods, you are all alone but somehow you are not alone…
These sounds are created to give you that odd suspense feeling of weirdness that were established in thriller movies and sci-fi series in the early 90′s , you can’t really describe what it is but you can nearly describe how it sounds, it’s unexplainable and creepy and we all like it… This time it’s Erlenmeyer Field.
Erlenmeyer Field features
- Sample-based virtual instrument plug-in.
- Size: 610 MB content – 220 MB download.
- Includes: Wav/HALion/Kontakt/NN-XT/ReFill/Maize-Standalone/VSTi (WinXP/ASIO needed for Standalone/VSTi).
Erlenmeyer Field is available to purchase for $14 USD.
More information: PowerFX / Erlenmeyer Field
, Dom Kane
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
, Richard Devine
, Sample Magic
, Sample Squad
, Steve Duda
, Xfer Records
Posted in news
on Apr 14, 2010 - 0 comments
Xfer Records has released Nerve, a virtual drum machine instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nerve is a software drum machine which brings powerful beat creation and manipulation to your Host Sequencer. Nerve runs as a VSTi or AudioUnit plugin. Nerve was designed and coded by veteran dance music producers, with a diverse sample library included from many of todays top sound designers. Create your own beats entirely from scratch using sounds you already have (AIF/WAV/REX/RX2/AKAI .SND), or utilize the factory-included Drum Kits, Presets, Patterns, and Sounds.
- Powerful Internal Step Sequencer – Nerve has an ergonomic mouse-driven Step Sequencer which allows you to program beats visually or by clicking rhythmically, with minimal mousing.
- Compact, hassle-free interface – Everything you frequently want to control is instantly accessible in Nerve – no fumbling and excessive paging around to get things sounding how you want, in a window which won’t consume your entire screen real-estate.
- Thousands of Original Sounds Included – Nerve contains a large, comprehensive 2-Gigabyte library containing full presets, drumkits, patterns, one-shots, and loops made by a variety of world-class sound designers, including SampleMagic, PowerFX, Richard Devine, Dom Kane, SampleSquad, Bitword, Noise Inc., and many others, catering to a wide variety of musical genres.
- Sculpt your own original sounds – you can drag-and-drop soundfiles you already have on your hard disk (WAV/AIF/REX/RX2/AKAI SND format) and audition different samples instantly using navigation buttons. Random sample selection from the current folder (for one or all pads) is possible with hotkeys, for exploration of new sound combinations effortlessly. On-board editing with 22 simultaneous pre-calculated DSP types allows you to slice/trim, sculpt, stretch, and bend and re-synthesize sounds into completely new sounds, with no play-time CPU expense.
- Slice and Re-arrange loops – Nerve allows for a single pad to contain up to 16 slices of a loop, with adjustable slice points, which will automatically get read from REX/RX2 files. For traditional WAV/AIF loops, three different user-selectable time-stretching options are available (slice+fill, granular stretch, resample) to get your loop to match your host sequencer BPM.
- Let your Rhythms Groove + Gel – Nerve allows you to extract the timing + level information from a REX/RX2 loops, and have this apply to all of the rhythms with a single mouse gesture. You can store swing presets for future use.
- Performance-Oriented features – Nerve features a unique Repeater control which allows you to re-trigger one or more pads on-the-fly to create fills and variations on-the-fly. Trigger / Re-trigger patterns with the mouse or MIDI notes. Re-triggered portions can be automatically ‘sent’ to a different output pair for additional external processing on those specific moments. Unlike audio-based buffer-repeating effects, Nerve’s Repeater will follow swing/groove feel on a global level, maintaining your groove. Furthermore, re-triggered steps will also generate new MIDI-out notes, if using Nerve for controlling external samplers, etc.
- Realtime Sculpting Control – Each pad contains a unique ‘fat’ 2x-oversampled State Variable Filter. Flexible LFOs allowing you to make parts vary over time (pan/level/cutoff/reso/sample start), allowing for parts to sound more fluid. MultiStage Envelopes with tension curves allow for dynamic sculpting with high precision. A unique GATE parameter allows the envelope length to rescale, sequenced per-step and/or controlled/automated externally. * Internal Sidechain-input Compressor – get your beats to pump without all of the in-host bussing hassle.
- Pad Independence – Each pad can optionally run its own pattern chain, length, and randomize, making it very easy to create polyrhythms / polymetric beats giving your music productions interesting, unique flair.
- Multiple Output capability – (8 stereo pairs) allow you to separate various parts of the beat for external mixing/processing.
- MIDI support (both input and output) – control Nerve from a MIDI controller using assignable MIDI notes. Control Nerve parameters from MIDI CC messages. MIDI Out control allows you to use Nerve as a “sequence engine” to generate notes/CC’s in unique ways / control or layer other synths and samplers.
Nerve is available to purchase as an instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $199 USD. A 20-minute demo version can be downloaded from the Nerve product page (only includes minimal content, saving is disabled).
More information: Xfer Records / Nerve