PowerFX has released Fairlight CMI Legacy, a Reason ReFill featuring the sounds of the Fairlight CMI II.
This library collects an awesome amount of ultra clean recordings of the original sounds from the Fairlight CMI II, the world’s first real sampling based workstation as premiered some time before 1980. And this entire Reason 4 library costs much less than 64 kilobytes of memory did in 1980.
The ReFill contains somewhat more than that, too. It carries 644 Megabyte of samples. You get over 2000 sounds in all, including all of the Fairlight’s 33 precious 8 inch factory discs. To celebrate the Fairlight feel, all new samples are labeled and arranged in virtual 8 inch disks as well.
Unfortunately, we could not simulate the loading time, noise and intermettent failures of the original disk drives. You will have to live with that.
Fairlight CMI Legacy features
- 491 patches for all Reason units.
- Over 1700 waveforms and samples.
- A complete virtual Computer Musical Instrument in your rack.
Fairlight CMI Legacy is available to purchase for 69 USD.
More information: PowerFX / Fairlight CMI Legacy
, Dom Kane
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
, Richard Devine
, Sample Magic
, Sample Squad
, samples and sound libraries
, Xfer Records
Posted in news
on Feb 23, 2010 - 0 comments
Xfer Records has announced Nerve, a software drum machine which brings powerful beat creation and manipulation to your host sequencer.
Nerve was designed and coded by veteran dance music producers, with a diverse sample library included from many of todays top sound designers. Create your own beats entirely from scratch using sounds you already have (AIF/WAV/REX/RX2/AKAI .SND), or utilize the factory-included Drum Kits, Presets, Patterns, and Sounds.
- Powerful Internal Step Sequencer: Nerve has an ergonomic mouse-driven Step Sequencer which allows you to program beats visually or by clicking rhythmically, with minimal mousing.
- Compact, hassle-free interface: Everything you frequently want to control is instantly accessible in Nerve – no fumbling and excessive paging around to get things sounding how you want, in a window which won’t consume your entire screen real-estate.
- Thousands of Original Sounds Included: Nerve contains a large, comprehensive 2-Gigabyte library containing full presets, drumkits, patterns, one-shots, and loops made by a variety of world-class sound designers, including SampleMagic, PowerFX, Richard Devine, Dom Kane, SampleSquad, Bitword, Noise Inc., and many others, catering to a wide variety of musical genres.
- Sculpt your own original sounds: you can drag-and-drop soundfiles you already have on your hard disk (WAV/AIF/REX/RX2/AKAI SND format) and audition different samples instantly using navigation buttons. Random sample selection from the current folder (for one or all pads) is possible with hotkeys, for exploration of new sound combinations effortlessly. On-board editing with 22 simultaneous pre-calculated DSP types allows you to slice/trim, sculpt, stretch, and bend and re-synthesize sounds into completely new sounds, with no play-time CPU expense.
- Slice and Re-arrange loops: Nerve allows for a single pad to contain up to 16 slices of a loop, with adjustable slice points, which will automatically get read from REX/RX2 files. For traditional WAV/AIF loops, three different user-selectable time-stretching options are available (slice+fill, granular stretch, resample) to get your loop to match your host sequencer BPM.
- Let your Rhythms Groove + Gel: Nerve allows you to extract the timing + level information from a REX/RX2 loops, and have this apply to all of the rhythms with a single mouse gesture. You can store swing presets for future use.
- Performance-Oriented features: Nerve features a unique Repeater control which allows you to re-trigger one or more pads on-the-fly to create fills and variations on-the-fly. Trigger / Re-trigger patterns with the mouse or MIDI notes. Re-triggered portions can be automatically ‘sent’ to a different output pair for additional external processing on those specific moments. Unlike audio-based buffer-repeating effects, Nerve’s Repeater will follow swing/groove feel on a global level, maintaining your groove. Furthermore, re-triggered steps will also generate new MIDI-out notes, if using Nerve for controlling external samplers, etc.
- Realtime Sculpting Control: Each pad contains a unique ‘fat’ 2x-oversampled State Variable Filter. Flexible LFOs allowing you to make parts vary over time (pan/level/cutoff/reso/sample start), allowing for parts to sound more fluid. MultiStage Envelopes with tension curves allow for dynamic sculpting with high precision. A unique GATE parameter allows the envelope length to rescale, sequenced per-step and/or controlled/automated externally.
- Internal Sidechain-input Compressor: Get your beats to pump without all of the in-host bussing hassle.
- Pad Independence: Each pad can optionally run its own pattern chain, length, and randomize, making it very easy to create polyrhythms / polymetric beats giving your music productions interesting, unique flair.
- Multiple Output capability: (8 stereo pairs) allow you to separate various parts of the beat for external mixing/processing.
- MIDI support (both input and output): control Nerve from a MIDI controller using assignable MIDI notes. Control Nerve parameters from MIDI CC messages. MIDI Out control allows you to use Nerve as a “sequence engine” to generate notes/CC’s in unique ways / control or layer other synths and samplers.
Nerve for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to pre-order on DVD for $199 USD. Pre-orders will ship April, 2010 and a demo version is coming soon.
More information: Xfer Records / Nerve
PowerFX has released Big Al, a voice synthesis tool for Windows.
Have you ever dreamed of having your own Vocal Avatar who will sing back the words you type in to your PC? Have an idea for a song and you would like to hear it sung back immediately or how about sending a singing email message?
Sound futuristic? Well it’s here and now with the latest release from PowerFX, Big Al.
Big Al was developed using the latest VOCALOID 2 software from Yamaha and is the perfect tool for any creative, digital music maker. Type in words or lyrics, select a melody and hear the results “sung” back. You can use the included tools and effects to improve or manipulate your results. Big Al can sing up to 16 times simultaneously, so you can create backing vocals or choirs with unmatched range and control.
Big Al´s vocals come from a real singer who was recorded extensively, enabling PowerFX to create a comprehensive library of his vocal sounds. VOCALOID software users type in words and assign melodies or import midi files to Big Al. He then emulates the words and notes given to him. Expressive effects, vibrato and dynamics can also be added to his singing from the VOACALOID editor. All of this makes for an exciting process with lots of creative possibilities.
Big Al is available to purchase for Windows PC (Standalone/VST/ReWire), priced at $149 USD for the download version or $179 USD for the DVD.
More information: PowerFX / Vocaloid Big Al
PowerFX has announced the introduction of 3 synths, a drum machine and a noise generator for everyone to use in their web based sequencer, Soundation Studio.
The addition of instrument channels adds a whole new dimension to making music on the web to go along with the existing sound tools in this innovative application, like 400 loops, 9 real time effects and publish to web functionality.
New virtual instruments
- Simple, a 4 oscillator synth with Saw, Square, Sine and Noise waveforms complete with Amp and Filter envelopes.
- Mono, 2 oscillator synth with a mix pot to blend the saw and square waveforms.
- SuperSaw, 7 oscillators with Detune, Spread and Amp envelopes.
- Drum Machine, with 8 classic 808 style sounds and individual drum sound settings for Gain, Pitch, Hold and Decay.
- Noiser is a white noise generating synth with an Amp envelope for the romantics in us all.
Note clips and a side chain emulator called “Fakie” are other new developments to Soundation Studio.
More information: Soundation
PowerFX has announced the release of Funktronica, a collection of acoustic and electronic instrument loops to help any production get a groove on.
Funktronica combines funky, retro guitar comps, soulful basses and jazzy percussion with the contemporary synth riffs, house breaks and booming basses for a full on booty shaking, party vibe.
This downloadable package includes over 1.3 GB´s of pure content in wav files (1050) with no redundant formats.
Also included are 2 PC VST Instruments, Anatude and Array, to make this a total production package and great value.
- 1.38 GB content: 1,050 loops, 23 construction Kits / 415 files.
- Bass Loops 130 (Synth and Electric), Guitar Loops 75, Keyboard Loops 80, Drum Loops 150, Drum Hits 169, Percussion loops 80, FX Loops 40, Music Loops 35.
- Array, a great synth for basses, keys and pads
- 4 Oscillators
- Multimode Filter
- Chorus effect
- Dis-Array randomizer function
- Velocity response
- Preset manager
- Anatude, a powerful 2 oscillators synth
- 2 OSC with 6 waveforms
- Amp. Envelope
- Octave & fine-tuning
- Advanced pulse modulation
- 2 LFO with 6 waveforms
- 2 Filter (4 modes)
- Osc 1/2 Balance
- Osc sync
- Velocity response knob
- OSC & Filter route
- 7×14 Matrix panel
- 3 Effects: Chorus, Reverb & Drive
Funktronica is available to purchase as a digital download for $49 USD.
More information: PowerFX / Funktronica
PowerFX has announced the release of a public beta of Soundation Studio, a web based sequencer that enables you to make music, ringtones and audio clips directly from the internet without downloading any software.
This beta version includes over 400 royalty free audio loops, 9 different effects, track automation, basic loop editing, time stretching, master channel control, publish to web and download to desktop features.
All processing is done locally so the performance and amount of tracks you can use is based on your personal computer setup and internet connection. The real time effects can be chained together to create multiple manipulation possibilities and all the loops are 16 bit, 44.1 stereo wav files. You can start using Soundation Studio at http://www.soundation.com/studio/ and follow the developments and see tutorial videos on www.soundation.com/blog
More information: Soundation Studio
PowerFX has released Nu Club Producer, a new sample collection for producers and DJs.
Nu Club Producer is the quintessential sample product for today´s producers and DJs with a whole slew of great new club loops from a variety of latest musical styles like Funky UK, DubStep, Progressive House, Minimal Tech House, Electro Hip Hop and Club Anthems.
Produced by veteran sample producers Andrew Potterton and Andreas Tyson, Nu Club Producer is an entirely new collection that includes 865 acidized loops of bass lines, beats, synths, percussion and FX loops compiled keys and tempo information in the file names for ease of use with your favorite sequencer.
Nu Club Producer features
- 1.26 GB (655 MB download): 222 bass loops, 192 drum loops, 86 percussion loops, 248 synth loops, and 117 FX loops.
- No hits, patches or redundant formats, just pure acidized wav loops.
- Bonus: PowerFX sample pack “Grimebient” is included.
Nu Club Producer is available for purchase for $59 USD.
More information: PowerFX