Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Sep 28, 2012
Gobbler is offering you a chance to win one of its “Favorite Things”, the Forte USB audio interface by Focusrite.
Despite the physical size of the prize, we can tell you that this week’s Gobbler’s Favorite Things is going to be a biggie!
We’ve teamed up with Focusrite to offer you the new professional 2 in, 4 out portable USB audio interface, Forte ($749 MSRP).
Forte features two remote-controlled mic preamps which are in fact the same mic pre’s that’s featured in Focusrite’s top-flight RedNet range. This super portable and super awesome interface is built into a solid aluminum case, features a color OLED display with touch controls and a single large control knob.
The ability to record your tracks from anywhere and then back your pristine project up to Gobbler, makes the Forte one of Gobbler’s Favorite Things!
To enter the contest simply use Twitter or Facebook to share the Gobbler/Focusrite post for the particular day of the contest AND enter your info into the Gobbler/Focusrite sign up list on the blog post.
The contest ends September 30th, 2102, 11:59:59PM PDT.
More information: Gobbler
Focusrite has announced its new Scarlett 2i4 USB audio interface.
Hot on the heels of the recently announced Forte and iTrack Solo, Scarlett 2i4 is the latest USB audio interface to join the line-up.
As the name suggests, 2i4 is a 2 in, 4 out audio interface with two of the award-winning Focusrite mic pres that are also found on the rest of the Scarlett and Saffire ranges, right up to the Liquid Saffire 56. It boasts superb quality digital conversion at 24bit/96KHz with a real world dynamic range of 105dB, with features such as a headphone output for flexible monitoring, phantom power, pad switches and MIDI i/o for connecting digital pianos or controller keyboards.
It comes in an anodised, brushed aluminium case which makes it tough enough to be truly portable. This means 2i4 is a great solution for laptop performers and digital DJs, who can also take advantage of the 4 outputs to set up cue mixes whilst sending the master output to the DJ mixer.
Scarlett 2i4 features
- 2 in / 4 out USB audio interface.
- 96 KHz, 24-bit conversion.
- 2 Focusrite microphone preamplifiers.
- Red anodised aluminium unibody chassis.
The Scarlett 2i4 will be available October, 2012.
More information: Focusrite / Scarlett 2i4
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Sep 11, 2012
Focusrite has added two brand new interfaces to its line up, both bring completely new features to musicians and producers.
Focusrite ForteForte is quite simply the best 2 in 4 out interface available for Mac and PC. Encased in an aluminium body, Forte is a portable high-end USB audio interface with two mic preamps that share the same design as the flagship RedNet range. It features superb digital conversion, an OLED display (full colour) touch controls and DAW control – play, stop and zoom functions as standard.
- Two Focusrite remote-controlled microphone preamps.
- Ultra-high quality A-D and D-A conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
- Includes power supply – can also be bus powered.
- Mac and Windows compatible.
- Premium aluminium enclosure.
- Built-in outputs / breakout cable delivers inputs.
- Touch-sensitive buttons: large control knob.
- Colour OLED (Organic LED) metering/display.
- Control and configuration software included.
The iTrack Solo is an audio interface for your iPad.
It has a single Focusrite mic-pre – as featured in the Scarlett and Saffire ranges – an instrument input, speaker and headphone outputs, a direct monitor selector (for latency free monitoring) and switchable phantom power. It also functions as a full USB audio interface on mac and PC.
iTrack Solo is the perfect companion for any singer-songwriter wanting to take their demos to the next level.
iTrack Solo features
- Audio interface for ios music recordingMade for iPad.
- High Quality Mic Preamp.
- High Quality Outputs.
- Rugged Metal Unibody Case.
- Unique Signal Halos.
- Direct Monitor Function.
- Included software for Mac and PC.
The Forte and iTrack Solo will be available October 2012, with a list price of $749 USD and $200 USD respectively.
More information: Focusrite
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Sep 11, 2012
Steinberg has announced the Ultimate Cubase Recording Pack and Cubase Production Studio, two hardware/software bundles consisting of the latest Cubase version and the UR824 interface as well as the latest Cubase Artist version and the UR28M interface.
“Both bundles are really great value for money, providing comprehensive, extremely powerful solutions for music recording and production,” commented Stefan Schreiber, hardware product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The Ultimate Cubase Recording Pack bundles the UR824 rack audio interface together with the latest version of the Cubase music production system. The UR824 interface provides sufficient I/O connectivity and premium sound quality at up to 96 kHz/24-bit resolution. Cubase features a suite of 62 audio effects including the VST Amp Rack guitar rack emulations, 18 MIDI VST effect processors and ten VST instruments, including the HALion Sonic SE workstation with a wealth of instrument sounds, the Padshop granular synthesizer and Retrologue virtual-analog synthesizer.
The Cubase Production Studio comprises the UR28M desktop USB 2.0 audio interface and latest version of Cubase Artist. Featuring plenty of analog inputs and outputs at 96 kHz/24-bit resolution, the UR28M interface offers professional monitoring capabilities while recording in Cubase Artist. Cubase Artist comes with eight VST instruments including HALion Sonic SE, the Padshop granular synthesizer and the Retrologue virtual-analog synthesizer plus 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors.
“Users interested in purchasing an entire hardware and software recording setup at an exceptional price are well advised to take a closer look at what we are offering here,” Schreiber said further.
Ultimate Cubase Recording Pack features
- Advanced music production system with unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks.
- Superb composing, scoring, editing and mixing tools.
- 24-bit/96 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 8 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps.
- 8 analog in and 8 analog out, 2 pairs of ADAT optical I/O and wordclock I/O.
- 10 outstanding virtual instruments, 62 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors plus latency-free DSP-monitoring with effects.
Cubase Production Studio features
- Music production system with industry-standard composing, scoring, editing and mixing tools.
- 128 MIDI and 64 audio tracks with up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
- 24-bit/96 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps.
- Digitally controlled monitor level control with Dim, Mono and Mute fed by 3×3 monitoring matrix.
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with effects.
The Ultimate Cubase Recording Pack and Cubase Production Studio are available priced at 999 EUR and 549 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg
Echo Digital Audio has introduced the Echo 2, a combined personal mixer and USB audio interface.
Featuring innovative touch panel controls and premium microphone preamps, the Echo 2 is ideal for live performance and for recording.
The Echo 2 is compact enough to mount on a microphone stand, providing the performer with immediate control. It can work as a capable standalone mixer, as a professional grade computer audio interface, or both simultaneously.
The Echo 2 is a versatile creative tool, with audio quality comparable to interfaces costing hundreds more.
Echo 2 features
- Touch panel control surface for selecting:
- Input type.
- Input levels – EZ Trim auto setting option.
- Output levels and muting.
- Real-time hardware monitoring.
- Two digitally controlled inputs switchable between:
- High performance mic-preamps with 70dB of gain and +48V phantom power.
- Balanced line level inputs.
- High impedance guitar inputs.
- Four outputs with adjustable volume
- Balanced ¼” main outputs with muting.
- 1/8” headphone output.
- 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion up to 192 kHz.
- USB 2.0 audio interface – supports Mac CoreAudio, ASIO, and Windows audio.
- iPad compatible via Apple’s camera connection kit.
- Includes microphone stand bracket, XLR adapter cables, and international AC adapter.
- Powered by USB or external supply.
- Just 5.4” x 3.6” x 1” (137mm x 92mm x 26mm) – 10 ounces (0.3 Kg).
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, iOS 5, Win XP, Vista or Win7 32/64 bit.
The Echo 2 is available to purchase for $399 USD.
More information: Echo Digital Audio / Echo 2
Sir Elliot has announced the release of the GPA-2 Preamplifier, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
The GPA-2 is designed to dampen the audio signal. Each Auxiliary input will offer its own tonal characteristic. The new features from the previous model are the following:
- High Damping Factor
- Cross talk
- Output LED Display
- Over Sample Rate Protection
GPA-2 Preamplifier features
- Frequency Bandwidth: +/- 3 dB 22.7 Hz – 22,000 kHz (44.1 kHz – 96 kHz).
- Over Sample Rate Protection: 105 kHz and above.
- Cross talk: – 20 dB.
- Power Consumption: 7% on a single-core, 3 GHZ, Pentium 4 CPU residing on Windows XP SP3 using a 44.1 kHz white noise audio file.
- The GPA-2 is best suited for Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, in addition to Lounge Music.
The effect plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Sir Elliot