Nick Crow has released Wagner Sharp, a free tube guitar preamp emulation plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X.
Wagner Sharp features
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- All sample rates support.
- Two channels (stereo mode to be able to handle double tracks). Each channel is activated when there is a signal at its input, which saves CPU resources.
- Up to 64x oversampling (depends on the host sample rate).
Wagner Sharp is available to download for Windows and Mac (32/64bit, VST/AU) at no cost. Donations are welcome.
More information: Nick Crow
Ignite Amps has released version 2.0 of The Anvil, a free custom tube preamp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Anvil is a digital emulation of a three channels tube preamplifier for guitar. It has been developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, designed by Andy Zeugs. The Anvil has three completely independent channels, with different signal paths and separate tonestack controls, to maximize its versatility.
Ignite Amps The Anvil custom tube preamp (front & back panel).
Changes in The Anvil v2.0
- Native x64 support for Windows/Mac (VST/AU).
- New modeling engine for circuit simulation:
- Improved math models stability and accuracy.
- Improved dynamic and transient response for triode stages.
- Improved frequency dependent triode/load interaction.
- Increased filters complexity and accuracy for interstage circuits and tonestacks.
- Changed VST ‘UniqueId’.
- Minor GUI changes.
- Minor bugs fixed.
The Anvil is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Ignite Amps
Universal Audio has announced the debut of Softube’s Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, and Acoustic Feedback Deluxe plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface.
Softube’s Vintage, Metal & Bass Amp Room Plug-ins.
With the addition of renowned Softube Amp Room plug-ins to the UAD platform, owners of UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware now have industry-leading guitar and bass amp modeling at their fingertips. And, when used with the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface, the Softube Amp Room plug-ins allow musicians and producers to jam, write, and record through stunning guitar or bass sounds with near-zero latency.
“We’re delighted to see our very popular Amp Room products finding their way to the UAD platform,” says Softube Product Manager, Niklas Odelholm. “They are a perfect match for Apollo, where you can use Amp Room for directly recording guitar, bass, electric pianos, and other instruments through these world-class amplifiers.”
“It’s extraordinary to have Softube onboard as a UAD Direct Development partner,” says UA CEO and Founder Bill Putnam, Jr. “The Amp Room plug-ins are truly best-in-class, and will put some very inspiring tools in the hands of UAD and Apollo users.”
Softube’s Acoustic Feeback Deluxe Plug-In.
Available as part of an upcoming UAD Software release, the following plug-ins and bundles will be available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
- Softube Vintage Amp Room — $199US
- Three versatile and classic vintage amps from the 1960s.
- White amp model delivers classic, distorted rock n’ roll grit.
- Brown amp model provides warm clean tones, breaking up at higher volumes.
- Green amp model offers chimey-to-distorted tones, plus vibrato/tremolo.
- Detailed speaker cabinet modeling with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Softube Metal Amp Room — $149US
- Extreme high gain amplifier model delivers burly, aggressive metal guitar sound.
- Two speaker cabinet models with fully adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Fast, program-dependent one-knob noise gate — ideal for palm muting.
- Softube Bass Amp Room — $149US
- Superior model of a versatile 1970s bass amplifier.
- Thick, solid preamp distortion and power amp distortion at extreme settings.
- Includes three distinctive speaker cabinets (Classic, Rocker, and Oddbird) with adjustable stereo mic positioning.
- Separate DI controls allow for blending of direct vs. amped signal.
- Softube Amp Room Bundle — $299US
- The ultimate collection of Softube Amp Room plug-ins for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware.
- Vintage Amp Room showcases three iconic guitar amps from the 1960s.
- Metal Amp Room adds raw, aggressive metal guitar sound to any recording.
- Bass Amp Room delivers the dead-on sound of a classic 1970s bass amp.
- Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe — $149US
- True physical modeling of rich, inspiring guitar feedback effect.
- Fully responsive to vibrato, bends, slides, and more.
- Simple controls for level, tolerance, harmonics and subharmonics.
More information: Universal Audio
, audio interface
, Pro Tools
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013
Universal Audio has unveiled numerous future enhancements for its award-winning Apollo High-Resolution Interface — turning the popular unit into a scalable system capable of recording larger music projects on both Mac and Windows 7 machines.
Among the new Apollo interface features slated for delivery in the first half of 2013 is multi-unit cascading, which combines two Apollo interfaces into a single elegant system via FireWire or Thunderbolt. Multi-unit cascading provides simultaneous use of 16 analog inputs / outputs, including eight Apollo mic preamps, plus 12 digital inputs and outputs — perfect for tracking a full band.
New Apollo Software to Deliver Multi-Unit Cascading & Numerous Console Software Enhancements; Separate UAD / Apollo Software Updates Bring Softube Amp Room, New LA-2A Collection, and API 500 Series EQ Plug-Ins.
The boost in Apollo connectivity is navigated via a redesigned Console application, offering better visual feedback, a new Mix-Merge mode, and a Pro Tools mode which greatly simplifies integration with Pro Tools systems.
“A year after its introduction, Apollo has become the top-selling audio interface in its class,” says UA CEO and Founder, Bill Putnam Jr. “We’re committed to enhancing its creative possibilities, through ongoing software improvements and a growing roster of new plug-in titles from UA and Direct Developer partners like Softube.”
Apollo owners will soon be able to play and record in real time through some of the world’s finest guitar amp emulations, courtesy of the acclaimed Softube Amp Room plug-ins — including Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, and Bass Amp Room. Softube Amp Room plug-ins will be available as part of an upcoming UAD/Apollo software update, along with the brand new LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection and API 500 Series EQ Collection plug-ins.
Apollo is a high-resolution 18 x 24 FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready audio interface that delivers the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording. Using Apollo, music producers and performers can track audio through a range of classic UAD analog emulation plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more — in real time, and with a sleek, elegant workflow on both Mac and Windows 7 systems.
More information: Universal Audio / Apollo
M-Audio has announced their new M-Track Series of USB audio/MIDI interfaces.
Offering three distinct models, the M-Track Series combines a robust feature set with extreme ease of use to create versatile audio/MIDI interfaces for every level of musician.
M-Audio’s M-Track Quad four-channel USB Audio/MIDI interface.
Starting with phantom-powered XLR jacks, line inputs with guitar-level switching, TRS audio inserts, and latency-free monitoring, the M-Track Series provides a comprehensive range of inputs, outputs, and connection options designed to work efficiently in the modern studio or on the go. Simple controls, effective metering, and rugged chassis make the M-Track Series ideal for withstanding the rigors of day-to-day use. From the entry-level M-Track to the pro-line M-Track Quad, each model offers a reliable platform that can accommodate the myriad of devices that can come and go in a changing project studio.
“With a deep feature set and solid build, the M-Track Series provides each musician with the best value in audio interfaces available today,” according to M-Audio Product Manager Dan Steinberg. “Each model continues the M-Audio tradition of delivering a level of versatility, performance, and value that sets new standards among audio/MIDI interfaces. In addition, each interface includes Ignite by AIR music creation software; the Plus and Quad models also include Avid® Pro Tools® Express—complete with iLok—providing a tremendous advantage.”
M-Track Pro & M-Track two-channel portable USB audio/MIDI interfaces.
- M-Track — This entry-level model offers two-channel operation. Each channel provides both XLR and 1/4″ inputs. Phantom power (48V) and guitar-level switching are provided. Professional audio converters and discrete preamp design deliver up to 24-bit, 48 kHz digital audio for use with virtually any software. 4-segment LED metering and multiple status lights provide real-time visual feedback. A single USB cable provides both power and data, making setup a snap. Intuitive controls include individual gain knobs, a convenient zero-latency mix knob, plus a headphone output with its own level knob. MIDI in and out jacks are provided, in addition to the balanced main 1/4″ outputs. Ignite by AIR music creation software and Ableton Live Lite 8 complete this powerful package.
- M-Track Plus — At home in the more advanced digital studio, the step-up M-Track Plus is built on the M-Track’s foundation, with the addition of coaxial S/PDIF digital input and output jacks on the back panel and a robust metal casing. M-Track Plus comes equipped with Ignite by AIR music creation software plus Avid Pro Tools Express, complete with the iLok USB key—a $49.99 value.
- M-Track Quad — The flagship of the family, M-Track Quad offers up to four simultaneous audio inputs. As with the entire M-Track family, the M-Track Quad features four individual mic inputs with selectable 48V phantom power, 1/4″ line inputs with guitar-level switching, and perchannel audio inserts. A second set of outputs operates independent of the monitor level control, providing extra versatility. The four-channel M-Track Quad includes an AC power supply plus three USB outputs, allowing it to function as a powered USB hub. MTrack Quad also comes equipped with Ignite by AIR music creation software plus Avid Pro Tools Express, complete with the iLok USB key—a $49.99 value.
M-Audio will be exhibiting at Booth 6700 at the 2013 Winter NAMM show, January 24-27 in Anaheim, California.
More information: M-Audio