Precisionsound has introduced Analog Performer SFX, a suite of electronic sound effects ranging from glitchy blips to screaming rips, noise strikes to harmonic ripples, laughing androids to alien birdcalls, all created with analog hardware.
The library was crafted from exclusive performances by Phil Thornton on his vintage Moog Source synthesiser, complemented by his Korg MS-20/MS-50 modular system and Korg SQ-10 analog sequencer. A bonus suite of remixed effects pushes into further sonic terrain, including sweeps, risers, and hybrid textures.
Precisionsound founder, Lars Westin, said: “Analog Performer SFX will add colour and chaos to your productions. The combination of synth programming and live improvisation gives this library an unmistakable character – hovering between vintage sci-fi and futuristic electronica – that can’t be matched by software synths or computer-based sequencing.”
Phil Thornton is a best-selling ambient artist whose production and performance credits include Sinéad O’Connor, Arthur Brown, Hossam Ramzy, and Expandis.
Analog Performer SFX features
- 385 raw synth sounds (709MB total).
- 155 hybrid remixed sounds (586MB total).
- 1.26GB uncompressed size.
- Individual sounds from 300ms to 1m25sec in duration.
- 44.1kHz 24-bit stereo WAV throughout.
Analog Performer SFX is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Analog Performer SFX
Precisionsound has announced the Multimonica II, a sample library featuring a vintage analog synthesizer that combines vacuum tube synthesis with a fan-powered reed organ, and is equally at home in electronic and acoustic music.
The Hohner Multimonica II was designed by the German engineer Harald Bode in the mid-1950s. A predecessor to the Clavioline tube synthesizer, the Multimonica II combined vacuum tube synthesis with a fan-driven reed organ.
We sampled both the synthesizer and organ sections of the Multimonica II, capturing every setting and register for each note on the original instrument. After fine-tuning and seamlessly looping the samples, we rebuilt the Multimonica II within virtual samplers for use in your music.
For the synth section, you get the true sound of the analog instrument with huge improvements in control and stability, way beyond what’s possible with the real thing.
Multimonica II features
- 205 stereo and 350 mono 24-bit WAV samples.
- 8 multisampled synthesizer settings.
- 5 multisampled accordion-style registers.
- 2 programs for NI Kontakt 3-5 with scripted performance controls and GUI.
- 14 programs for NI Kontakt 2.
- 20 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 13 programs for SoundFont.
- The total size of the library compressed is 345 MB.
Multimonica II is available to purchase for $59 USD (CD/DVD backup for additional $9.95 USD or/and digital backup for $3.95 USD). All formats are included when you buy Multimonica II.
More information: Precisionsound / Multimonica II
Precisionsound has released the Naeshult Table Piano, a virtual instrument sample library for Kontakt and EXS24.
These so-called table pianos, or piano harps, were made in Småland in the south of Sweden from about 1880 until 1929, when the manufacturing plant was burnt. During this period there was a use for self-playing instruments in schools, churches, and other groups. You could call them “sing-along machines of the 1800s”. Naturally, the demand declined in conjunction with the introduction of gramophone records.
Now, a hundred years later, Precisionsound have taken this limited but charming contraption and made it a flexible and playable instrument for software samplers. Their aim was to honour the instrument’s original characteristics – the clapping of the clubs, the sonorous sound of the strings coming out of the box.
Naeshult Table Piano features
- 459 stereo 24-bit WAV samples.
- Chromatic string samples.
- Percussive hammer samples.
- Mechanical crank samples.
- 4 programs for Kontakt 2.
- 1 scripted program for Kontakt 3+ and above.
- 4 programs for EXS24.
- 1.50 GB total uncompressed size.
The sample library costs $49 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Naeshult Table Piano
Precisionsound has released MBira bva Zimbabwe, a virtual mbira instrument library.
The MBira bva Zimbabwe is a twenty-two key MBira with added machachara—or “sizzler” to give a buzzing sound. The buzzing is traditionally important because it is believed to attract the ancestral spirits.
Precisionsound has deconstructed the sizzler from the original tone, so that the user can mix between the chromatic tone, the release noises, and the sizzler sound, all within the Kontakt interface. The user can also adjust the sizzler’s decay independently, to find a balance between the tone of the MBira keys and the buzz of the sizzler.
The MBira bva Zimbabwe library was sampled in two velocity layers, and recorded four round robins for each of the chromatic metal keys, sizzlers, and release samples. The instrument was close-miked in stereo, and the library contains 252 24-bit WAV samples. The key range of the instrument is from B1 to C5.
MBira bva Zimbabwe features
- 252 stereo 24-bit WAV samples.
- Chromatic metal key notes and release noises.
- Percussive “sizzler” samples from the MBira body.
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 3-5 with scripted interface.
- 3 programs for NI Kontakt 2.
- 3 programs for Logic EXS24.
The library is available to purchase for $20 USD. Kontakt programs require the full version of Kontakt (not compatible with the free Kontakt Player).
More information: Precisionsound / MBira bva Zimbabwe
Precisionsound has announced the release of Greek Lira V2 – Kementze, a virtual instrument library for Kontakt and EXS24.
The Kementze is a Turkish/Greek instrument, a three-string fiddle with a spike-shaped neck. Of Persian origin, the instrument is played with a Kaman, the Persian word for bow.
We bought the instrument on location in Greece, and sampled it with two versions of each chromatic articulation. We also recorded slides and some unusual scrape and scratch effects.
The Greek Lira V2 Kementze makes it easy to access the articulations via keyswitches, and provides legato (Kontakt 3,4 & 5 version only) for more realistic playing and programming.
Greek Lira V2 Kementze features
- 254 stereo 24-bit WAV samples.
- Sustained, Marcato, Staccato, Tremolo, and Plucked chromatic articulations.
- Two versions of each chromatic articulation for layering.
- Slides and FX articulations.
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 3-5 with scripted legato and GUI.
- 2 programs for NI Kontakt 2 with key switches from C1-F#1.
- 2 programs for Logic EXS24 with key switches from C1-F#1.
- The total size of the library uncompressed is 70 MB.
Greek Lira V2 Kementze is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Greek Lira V2 Kementze
Precisionsound has announced the release of the Nordic Psalmodikon, a virtual instrument library for Kontakt, EXS24 and SoundFont.
The Nordic Psalmodikon is a single-stringed instrument with a haunting tone, captured in multiple articulations for cinematic and creative music production.
The Nordic Psalmodikon library is useful and unusual in its tone, ideal for cinematic scoring and creative music production if you like to add an “edge” to your sound.
Nordic Psalmodikon features features
- 537 mono 24-bit WAV samples, 195 MB content.
- Sustained, Marcato, Staccato, and Picked articulations.
- Unique “scraped overtone” versions of all bowed articulations.
- 1 program for Kontakt 3-5 with script and GUI.
- 15 programs for Kontakt 2.
- 16 programs for EXS24.
- 7 programs in SoundFont format (16bit).
Nordic Psalmodikon is available to purchase for $29 USD (includes all formats).
More information: Precisionsound / Nordic Psalmodikon
Precisionsound has announced Gothenburg Reed Organ, a sample library featuring the sounds of the Gothenburg Reed Organ, a midsize chamber organ with suction air made by Göteborgs Orgelfabrik.
For those of you who love the sound of Precisionsound’s Langegard Pump Organ, we’re now taking a big step forward. We went back to the same instrument but re-recorded it. The Gothenburg Reed Organ consists of new samples – of every single register of the organ. This means extended possibilities to create the voice character you’re looking for.
The Gothenburg Reed Organ, NI Kontakt version is a truly virtual recreation of a reed/pump organ, with flexibility beyond the original instrument, and over four hundred samples.
You can mix the registers together by volume, and you can also fine-tune the registers against each other for a big sound. You can vary the volume with an LFO, adjust the stereo image, and more.
Gothenburg Reed Organ features
- 1 program for NI Kontakt version 3, 4 & 5.
- 7 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 7 programs for NI Kontakt version 2.
- 425 MB content (uncompressed).
Gothenburg Reed Organ costs $59 USD (includes all formats). Full version of Kontakt is required, this library does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player.
More information: Precisionsound / Gothenburg Reed Organ
Precisionsound has announced the release of Analog Performer: Nano Loops, a compact but versatile library of improvised synthesizer performances by best-selling ambient artist Phil Thornton.
Featuring Phil’s vintage Korg MS-20 modular synth and SQ-10 sequencer, Analog Performer: Nano Loops is a great introduction to the Analog Performer Uptempo and Analog Performer Downtempo libraries from Precisionsound.
Owners of the Uptempo and Downtempo libraries will find that Analog Performer: Nano Loops complements their sounds perfectly.
Analog Performer: Nano Loops features
- 16 ACID wav format loops at 120bpm (34MB total).
- Sliced versions of the 16 loops in Apple Loops, Spectrasonics Stylus RMX, and REX formats.
- 44.1kHz/24-bit mono audio throughout.
- Note: software sampler not required to use this library.
The Nano Loops pack is a free download at Precisionsound.
More information: Precisionsound / Analog Performer Nano Loops